Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,277 members, 7,954,093 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:15 PM

Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data (997 Views)

Is There Any Other Active Forums Like Nairaland In Nigeria / I Will Pay Any Amount For Site/forums With Nairaland Like Functions Demo Design / Why Are Online Forums Rare In Nigeria?... Seun WHY!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by frankfrancis871: 4:05pm On Sep 16, 2018
Please except from ads and other sources, does websites, forums like nairaland, facebook etc make money through its users data? What is required to own one of these or build on your own and manage it? Thanks in anticipation...
Re: Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by Humchi(m): 4:20pm On Sep 16, 2018
No. Only adverts.

Your data is just to gather information about you.

It is very easily to own one.

Buy a domain name and get a hosting plan .

Then you can find forum scripts or forum cms online. you can buy some. Some are free to use.

Examples are xenforo, simple machine forum, vbulletin, mybb, phpbb, vanilla, etc.

Get any of these and install it.

I am not a good teacher. You can google the process of making a forum.
Re: Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by frankfrancis871: 4:58pm On Sep 16, 2018
Humchi:
No. Only adverts.

Your data is just to gather information about you.

It is very easily to own one.

Buy a domain name and get a hosting plan .

Then you can find forum scripts or forum cms online. you can buy some. Some are free to use.

Examples are xenforo, simple machine forum, vbulletin, mybb, phpbb, vanilla, etc.

Get any of these and install it.

I am not a good teacher. You can google the process of making a forum.
Thank you so much for answering this question. So you mean facebook and nairaland didn't earn any money during their early days?
Re: Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by Humchi(m): 6:07pm On Sep 16, 2018
frankfrancis871:
Thank you so much for answering this question. So you mean facebook and nairaland didn't earn any money during their early days?

facebook didn't start earning early.

Nairaland started earning the moment it got up to 100 users. I think .
Re: Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by frankfrancis871: 8:09pm On Sep 16, 2018
Humchi:

facebook didn't start earning early.

Nairaland started earning the moment it got up to 100 users. I think .
wow thank you sir, my reason of asking these question is that I'm considering going deep into programming once I get a private laptop. Wish I could ask more questions with your permission, anyways thank you sir..
Re: Does Websites And Forums Make Money From Its Users Data by Humchi(m): 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
frankfrancis871:
wow thank you sir, my reason of asking these question is that I'm considering going deep into programming once I get a private laptop. Wish I could ask more questions with your permission, anyways thank you sir..
you are welcome.

We are all here to render help as much as we can.

(1) (Reply)

Embedded Systems Engineer For IOT Project Needed / Front-end Project || Nutrition Website Design / Posts Cannot Be Edited Again?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.