Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:07 AM

I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows (29477 Views)

Speakership: I’ll Never Step Down For Gbajabiamila, Says House Member / Senate President Bukola Saraki Speaks On Insecurity And State Police (video) / IGP: Bukola Saraki Steps Down From His Chair As Senate President (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by chidima2019: 7:17pm On Sep 16, 2018
Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has boasted that he can never be impeached as the Senate President hinging his stand on the fact that the All Progressives Congress, (APC) championing the cause are minorities at upper chambers and therefore don’t have the powers to carry out the impeachment threat.The Senate President who made these clarifications while answering questions from Journalists in Minna, Niger state Sunday as part of his presidential campaign said, “The APC members know that we are in the majority and whatever they want to do they know that they don’t have the number”.

“The other kite they are trying to fly is asking me to step down from my seat, but I can tell you that this cannot be possible as I will not step down.”

“One thing is very clear and that is to say that I will not sacrifice the interest of the country for my personal interest and in the last three years as a Senate president, I have demonstrated that my interest is second to that of national interest,” he remarked.

He condemned the calls from various quatres on the Senate to suspend its recess and resume adding that it was a collective decision by all members to adjourn and that their recess is under the ambit of law and has therefore not contravened any section of the procedures and that they will reconvene when it is time for them to resume from the break.

According to him, “We did not adjourn the Senate in the dark; there was a procedure where at the end of the session there was a vote and it was seconded that we should go on the annual recess.

“So it wasn’t anything done in the secret, everybody was there. It is not that some few people met somewhere and took the decision. “Everybody participated and everybody took the decision that we should adjourn for a normal annual recess.

” We took a similar decision last year and even two years ago and we agreed to resume on a certain date and it was the agreed date that we resumed, so there is nothing abnormal about the senate adjournment this year and what we are after is a country rooted in the rule of law and a democratic process,” he further remarked.

“What is important to me is to ensure the independence of the three arms of the government, to allow rule of law, to ensure that we respect the democratic process,” he declared.

On his Presidential ambition, the Senate President said his ambition is to unite all Nigerians no matter their ethnic, religion and political lenient.
According to him, “the country needs a President that can unite everybody, the country needs a leader where all Nigerians will have sense of belonging, the country needs a youthful president, the country needs a President that understands how the executive and legislature work together and not in an environment where there is no harmony.”

On whether he still has control of Kwara state, Saraki said,”the people of the state know their leader and we are not the type that patronize the electorate few months to elections and disappear after such elections and resurface years after.

“We are with our people election or no election and we will continue to be with them and the people will also continue to embrace us all the time so, the 2019 general elections will surely determine who the leader is so let us wait till then,” he declared.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/saraki-fires-back-i-cannot-be-impeached-i-will-never-step-down-as-senate-president/

38 Likes 9 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by StillX10(m): 7:30pm On Sep 16, 2018
The boss of all bosses has spoken
Osiomole's nightmare
APC worst distraction

Buhari's fear

277 Likes 27 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by gen2briz(m): 7:32pm On Sep 16, 2018
Am behind you.. I'll defend you across all social medias.

You can't step down. Never

183 Likes 15 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by duwdu: 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2018
chidima2019:
Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki has boasted that he can never be impeached as the Senate President hinging his stand on the fact that the All Progressives Congress, (APC) championing the cause are minorities at upper chambers and therefore don’t have the powers to carry out the impeachment threat.The Senate President who made these clarifications while answering questions from Journalists in Minna, Niger state Sunday as part of his presidential campaign said, “The APC members know that we are in the majority and whatever they want to do they know that they don’t have the number”.

“The other kite they are trying to fly is asking me to step down from my seat, but I can tell you that this cannot be possible as I will not step down.”

“One thing is very clear and that is to say that I will not sacrifice the interest of the country for my personal interest and in the last three years as a Senate president, I have demonstrated that my interest is second to that of national interest,” he remarked.

He condemned the calls from various quatres on the Senate to suspend its recess and resume adding that it was a collective decision by all members to adjourn and that their recess is under the ambit of law and has therefore not contravened any section of the procedures and that they will reconvene when it is time for them to resume from the break.

According to him, “We did not adjourn the Senate in the dark; there was a procedure where at the end of the session there was a vote and it was seconded that we should go on the annual recess.

“So it wasn’t anything done in the secret, everybody was there. It is not that some few people met somewhere and took the decision. “Everybody participated and everybody took the decision that we should adjourn for a normal annual recess.

” We took a similar decision last year and even two years ago and we agreed to resume on a certain date and it was the agreed date that we resumed, so there is nothing abnormal about the senate adjournment this year and what we are after is a country rooted in the rule of law and a democratic process,” he further remarked.

“What is important to me is to ensure the independence of the three arms of the government, to allow rule of law, to ensure that we respect the democratic process,” he declared.

On his Presidential ambition, the Senate President said his ambition is to unite all Nigerians no matter their ethnic, religion and political lenient.
According to him, “the country needs a President that can unite everybody, the country needs a leader where all Nigerians will have sense of belonging, the country needs a youthful president, the country needs a President that understands how the executive and legislature work together and not in an environment where there is no harmony.”

On whether he still has control of Kwara state, Saraki said,”the people of the state know their leader and we are not the type that patronize the electorate few months to elections and disappear after such elections and resurface years after.

“We are with our people election or no election and we will continue to be with them and the people will also continue to embrace us all the time so, the 2019 general elections will surely determine who the leader is so let us wait till then,” he declared.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/i-will-never-step-down-as-senate.html

Mr. Saraki, please be informed that the Oyinbo man who made the pencil, also made the eraser, and so shall it be with those who elected you clandestinely and mischievously to become president of the senate.

Furthermore, your resumption date is not cast in stone, and there's always the Doctrine of Necessity for you to have to resume before your earlier planned date in the interest of the nation. In any case, remember you eloped on "vacation" a whole two working days before your originally planned date to do so, even as critical Bills and issues were before you? So, just resume first.

One thing: You claiming you and your cohorts are in the majority in the NASS, exposes you as a blatant liar. You - and even the marines who've not been onshore - know you're not.

Anyways, just resume first.

P34c3

55 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by monarck: 7:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Saraki is over ambitious, a lizard that thinks itself a crocodile. Of course you will survive till 2019 but after then

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Homeboiy: 7:52pm On Sep 16, 2018
You will if and only if Buhari steps down

17 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by newinventions: 8:53pm On Sep 16, 2018
APC should pray Saraki doesn't become president come 2019 or else Buhari and his cohorts will smell pepper for Saraki hand. Whatever goes up must surely come down.

102 Likes 6 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by sorom4: 9:35pm On Sep 16, 2018
We are behind you Saraki

71 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Teewhy2: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
In as much I don't admire saraki as a person or his behaviours , I don't support him been bullied to step down they played into his hands and so they need to deal with it. None of these people is doing this for the interest of the country but just their selfish interest.

51 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by IYANGBALI: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
Waiting for the house to resume, I wan watch royal rumble

6 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Trapnews: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
undecided
Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by sorom4: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
If APC wants that position...they should come and take it smiley

13 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by ipobarecriminals: 9:36pm On Sep 16, 2018
sad shocked sad How i wish nah OBJ govt this thief dey talk like this/ in those days of pa Adedibu.Even Fayose the Ponmo cutter wey kal himself the ROCK scale fence go hide.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by tatibillion: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
Saraki o, seriki o, all of the same

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by NobodyKnows(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
Homeboiy:
You will if and only if Buhari steps down
please don’t cry

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Sunofgod(m): 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
IBB talks
Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by NIGERIAJAGAJAGA: 9:37pm On Sep 16, 2018
don't mind zombies Jo.

1 Like

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by DonVikings: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
IPOD Pigs, your Lord and Personal Saviour has spoken! Come forth and lick the helm of his mud-stained garment so thou shalt recieve some sense. grin grin

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Exwizard: 9:38pm On Sep 16, 2018
Is there any other president apart from Nigerian president?
Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by MobilityExpress: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Typical Nigerian politician with “I die here” mentality.

7 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Bossontop(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
undecided
Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Flets: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Is it a surprise it's election time and the rampage of the fulani herdsmen seem to have been suspended.... to be continued after election?

Where is the 5k per day for jobless Nigerians?

Where is the 700,000 jobs per month as promised?

Nobody seems to be talking about the suffering these past few years, we have all become partisan supporting clanish tribalism and glaring nepotism.

All of a sudden, N145/ litre of pms is acceptable, 300% increase in food prices is justified because it's time for politics.

Even Nigerians who lost their jobs due to the unfavourable policies of this government are busy campaigning for them cos it suits their tribal narrative

Some people who call themselves Christians are unconcerned Leah is stuck, Leah will be released few weeks to the elections and the novice Christians will chant 'Sai Baba'

And the trend will continue until 10 generations are gone. Nigeria is the home to the rejects of creation.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by skentelelady(f): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
What message is saraki passing across to the people he thinks will vote for him?

He wants to eat his cake and still have it. In case he didn't win the pdp primaries so he can continue as SP right?? Okay

The kinda fall his pride and that confidence will show him will pass that of goliath

Impossicant

4 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by DonVikings: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Cc: All Heeeeebow Jhews!

Saraki has spoken! Come and suck on his crouch! grin

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by BafanaBafana: 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Don't step down sir, just reconvene and we will take it from there

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by emmanok24(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
I'm just happy with the fact that he is heading into political oblivion.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by nelronaldo(m): 9:39pm On Sep 16, 2018
Presido sir!

3 Likes

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Lanre4uonly(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ok. It is noted.
Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by PaChukwudi44(m): 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
Saraki the political CR7 of Nigeria,Slayer of Jagaban,terror of zombies and bringer of rain

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Will Never Step Down As Senate President - Bukola Saraki Vows by Nobody: 9:40pm On Sep 16, 2018
StillX10:
The boss of all bosses has spoken

Osiomole's nightmare

APC worst distraction

Buhari's fear

You don't want biafra again it's saraki's presidency that will liberate igbos now shey? When people call you guys political kindergartens, you start wailing and blaming Yoruba and Fulani's. The PDP you asslicked for 16 years doesnt even count you people worthy of vice president, yet saraki's ball is currently sweeter than abacha salad. I laugh grin

15 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Falana Petitions Police Over Kemi Olunloyo’s Comments On Sylvester Oromoni Death / His Weird Experience When He Visited A Politician That Promised To Give Him N10k / Hand Shake Across The Niger In Enugu: FFK, Ubah, Mimiko, Olu Falae Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.