Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,536 members, 7,819,917 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:37 AM

Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 (884 Views)

Either By 2019 Or 2023 Victory, Atiku Will Be Sworn In. / The Tragedy Of The Abba Kyari Surrogate Presidency By Farooq Kperogi / Kachikwu: I Will Resign If Nigeria Continues To Import Petrol By 2019 (Throwback (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by ManirBK: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Ahead of the Tuesday, September 18, 2018, opening of 73rd Session of the United Nations General Assembly, (UNGA), in New York, the federal government has indicated interest to occupy the number one seat in the Assembly by 2019.
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, who made the disclosure while briefing newsmen in Abuja, on the expected talking points at this year’s UNGA , said, Nigeria will put forward it’s Ambassador to the US to vie for UNGA presidency.
While explaining that President Muhammadu Buhari will lead a powerful delegation to the meeting, he added that the delegation will consist of ministers and the stakeholders from the private sector.
According to Onyeama, issues expected to attract discuss are “Eradication of extreme poverty, maintenance of international peace and security, human rights issues, highlights on humanitarian activities, tackling climate change and promoting environmental sustainability, amongst others.”
The minister who explained that, UN reforms will top the president’s agenda at the meeting said the theme of the programme is “Making the United Nations relevant to all People: Global Leadership and shared responsibilities for peaceful, equitable and sustainable societies”.
https://leadership.ng/2018/09/16/nigeria-contesting-un-presidency-by-2019/
Mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala Freiburger, r231
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by ManirBK: 9:48pm On Sep 16, 2018
Hahaha, Nigeria will contest and win with a
landslide
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Racoon(m): 10:15pm On Sep 16, 2018
grin grin Bigotory, Impunity, Nepotism, Clannishness, Incompetency,cluelessness & lifelessness about to be exported to the world scene.However the global stage have long left this primitive shitcrap.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Nbote(m): 6:18am On Sep 17, 2018
Hahahahaha... Dey want to put forward dat 80something year old ambassador to preside over d UN session?? Hahahahahaha

ManirBK:
Hahaha, Buhari will contest and win with a
landslide
I understand reading and understanding is very hard for most of U but atleast jus learn to shut up some times... Even when d foreign minister clearly mentioned it is d Ambassador to d US who is being put forward..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 6:47am On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:
Hahahahaha... Dey want to put forward dat 80something year old ambassador to preside over d UN session?? Hahahahahaha
I understand reading and understanding is very hard for most of U but atleast jus learn to shut up some times... Even when d foreign minister clearly mentioned it is d Ambassador to d US who is being put forward..
see you how can amb to us contest a un seat ? rather its nigerian permanent rep to the un that can do that if this news is true.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Nbote(m): 6:59am On Sep 17, 2018
Emycord:
see you how can amb to us contest a un seat ? rather its nigerian permanent rep to the un that can do that if this news is true.

Did U read d post at All??

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 12:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:

Did U read d post at All??
you that did why not explain. AT least i read "nigeria amb to us" pls explain what nigeria amb to us got to do with un post? he is like "president" as in he is thier on buhari's name repping nigeria in our displomatic mission to the us. what is his business with un general assembly?
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Nbote(m): 12:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emycord:
you that did why not explain
Now I believe some of I don't know how to read or understand what dey read

Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, who made the disclosure while briefing newsmen in Abuja, on the expected talking points at this year’s UNGA , said, Nigeria will put forward it’s Ambassador to the US to vie for UNGA presidency.

Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 4:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:
Minister of Foreign Affairs, Geoffrey Onyeama, who made the disclosure while briefing newsmen in Abuja, on the expected talking points at this year’s UNGA , said, Nigeria will put forward it’s Amb to the US to vie for UNGA presidency.[/b]
guy digest these info and stop showing your ignorance online
1 sylvanus nsofor 82years is nigeria amb to us
2 mohammed tyjani born 1957 is nigeria permanent representative to the un
3 the two are diff people and office
4 only non unsc members can be elected and so far its tradition to be president only once. only argentina has has been previledged to get it twice
5 nigeria has been president before in the 80's through joseph n banda.
6 only permanent reps of each member countries can become presidents of the un genera assembly.
do the maths and tell me what nigeria amb to the us have to do with the un presidency? if its not stupidity on your part and desperation on nigeria part. you think having the un presidency will stop biafra ?
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Nbote(m): 5:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emycord:
guy digest these info and stop showing your ignorance online
1 sylvanus nsofor 82years is nigeria amb to us
2 mohammed tyjani born 1957 is nigeria permanent representative to the un
3 the two are diff people and office
4 only non unsc members can be elected and so far its tradition to be president only once. only argentina has has been previledged to get it twice
5 nigeria has been president before in the 80's through joseph n banda.
6 only permanent reps of each member countries can become presidents of the un genera assembly.
do the maths and tell me what nigeria amb to the us have to do with the un presidency? if its not stupidity on your part and desperation on nigeria part. you think having the un presidency will stop biafra ?

It is now obvious I've been quoting a daft dumbtard who clearly has comprehension issues. WHAT DA Bleep HAS BIAFRA GOT TO DO WITH D INITIAL POST?? It is morons like U dat have succeeded in making d Igbo nation a laughing stock with ur public show of stupidity and crass ignorance. Kip ur little UN info to urself, I are much more in need of it and even more. I don't give a rats ass as to why Nigeria are afta d position.

Secondly Nigeria's delegation pointed out who dey want to run for d position which is what I found laughable in d first place considering he is from my state, OH YES AWUM NWAFOR.

U have so far shown to not only b dumb but also ignorant. D newly elected President of d UN general assembly is Ecuador's Foreign Minister Maria Fernanda Espinosa Garces. The Permanent Representative of Ecuador to the United Nations is Diego Morejón-Pazmiño so was it ur village ppl dat voted a Minister in instead of d UN representative?
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 5:22pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:
It is morons like U dat have succeeded in making d Igbo nation a laughing stock with ur public show of stupidity and crass ignorance. Kip ur little UN info to urself, I are much more in need of it and even more. I don't give a rats ass as to why Nigeria are afta d position.
cure your stupidity pls the current president of un elected sept 2017 is miroslav lajcak from slovakia. the office is a one year seat so except if you appointed the one you wrote there this afteroon. the lady was elected early this month and she is due un assume office tomorow being 18 september 2018 how does that make her a president of un? and yes she was the ecuadorian permanent rep to the un till 2017 a post she had earlier held as at 2008 pls if you have any one who has been a un president without being a permanent rep thats apart from maiden first ten kindly tell us
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Nbote(m): 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Emycord:
cure your stupidity pls the current president of un elected sept 2017 is miroslav lajcak from slovakia. the office is a one year seat so except if you appointed the one you wrote there this afteroon

Pls jus shut up.. U are beginning to irritate me... U are embarrassing urself and Igbos in general. Dis is September 2018 and a new President has already been elected back in June.
https://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20180606/p2g/00m/0in/058000c

NB: Dis is d last response I'll give to U becos U are not jus dumb but lazy.. I advice U to use Google and ur common sense(I'm sure there's a tiny bit of it somewhere in ur head) more before responding to comments and posts.. Stop engaging in baseless arguments wen U don't have any of d facts and try to see reason wen given, U are supposed to learn more via public forums like dis but ur insufferable attitude will only help U wallow in ignorance and continually make U an embarrassment.. Gud day
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 5:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:

Pls jus shut up.. U are beginning to irritate me... U are embarrassing urself and Igbos in general. Dis is September 2018 and a new President has already been elected back in June.

NB: Dis is d last response I'll give to U becos U are not jus dumb but lazy.. I advice U to use Google and ur common sense(I'm sure there's a tiny bit of it somewhere in ur head) more before responding to comments and posts.. Stop engaging in baseless arguments wen U don't have any of d facts and try to see reason wen given, U are supposed to learn more via public forums like dis but ur insufferable attitude will only help U wallow in ignorance and continually make U an embarrassment.. Gud day
go and see my last reply to you the woman was elected in early september to resume work on 18 september so if she by providence is un able to be innaugurated tomorrow does that make her a un president? you are very usless
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by TRUTHTOPOWER: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
ManirBK:
Ahead of the Tuesday, September 18, 2018, opening of 73rd Session of the United Nations General Assembly, (UNGA), in New York, the federal government has indicated interest to occupy the number one seat in the Assembly by 2019.
While explaining that President Muhammadu Buhari will lead a powerful delegation to the meeting, he added that the delegation will consist of ministers and the stakeholders from the private sector.
According to Onyeama, issues expected to attract discuss are “Eradication of extreme poverty, maintenance of international peace and security, human rights issues, highlights on humanitarian activities, tackling climate change and promoting environmental sustainability, amongst others.”
The minister who explained that, UN reforms will top the president’s agenda at the meeting said the theme of the programme is “Making the United Nations relevant to all People: Global Leadership and shared responsibilities for peaceful, equitable and sustainable societies”.
https://leadership.ng/2018/09/16/nigeria-contesting-un-presidency-by-2019/
Mynd44 oam4j lalasticlala Freiburger, r231

This is good.
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by Emycord: 5:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nbote:

SEE who is askin me un use google. you google and rush down here to talk trash but you care less for such important details as when she will assume office. the un website does not have her as its president at least until tomorr
Re: Nigeria Contesting UN Presidency By 2019 by EmirAbj: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
Shey Na Lifeless Buhari Wan Become UN President

(1) (Reply)

The Tyrannt Of Oshodi, Chairman Bolaji Ariyo / PDP Convention: Votes Polled By Each Presidential Aspirant / Patience Jonathan Famous Quotes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.