Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,434 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Kemi Adeosun - The Aftermath - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kemi Adeosun - The Aftermath (322 Views)

Kemi Adeosun Wearing NYSC Uniform - By Joe Igbokwe (Real Or Photoshopped?) / Kemi Adeosun NYSC Certificate Scandal: Bigger Picture Of NYSC & Nigerians Abroad / NYSC: Kemi Adeosun Not Legally Required To Participate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kemi Adeosun - The Aftermath by thatigboman: 10:29pm On Sep 16, 2018
I have been feeling down since the news of Kemi Adeosun's resignation surfaced.
From the point she was appointed, all through the period she worked as Finance Minister, I never had any opinion about her. Even when I saw her on TV with her big big grammar, I just watched. Her actions and activities never bothered me. She didnt have the charisma of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala.
But the way and manner she was castigated and resigned and left the shores of this country is what gets me worried.
In Nigeria, nothing works. I am sure she resigned and left due to her British upbringing. If not, what are Buhari, Dambazzau, Buratai, Oshimole, Fashola, Amaechi and so many others still doing in the public domain despite all allegations hanging on their necks?
I read Adeosun's letter of resignation and how she obtained her NYSC excemption letter. Must have been obtained by jobbers and agents after collecting money from her.
My worry is about this NYSC. I have read the act. The decree written by Gowon aides just after the Nigeria-Biafra civil war. Possibly done with good intentions then for national integrity, but is it practicable now?
Then most students school in Nigeria schools of higher education like universities and polythecnics. And those that school abroad, usually come home after studies.
But it is not so these days. Now people send their children to go and school abroad and remain there. And they come back and take lofty jobs here when they exist.
The question I am asking is, if somebody schools abroad and graduates in an age less than 30 and stays there and work and comes back to Nigeria when they are over 30 years, what are they entitled to? Serve because they graduated when they were less than 30 years? Or be given exemption letter because they were over 30 years when they returned?
Though, we will discuss NYSC act later, but I still want to ask , the provision that says "who refuses to serve". Who is that exactly? Who was given mobilisation letter and refuses to report to camp? Let us know it is only Nigerians that graduate in Nigerian Higher Institutions when they are less than 30 that are given mobiisation letters or call-up letters to report to NYSC camps and not those that school abroad.

Please, the NYSC act should be revisited and overhauled.

Seun, Lalasticlala, mynd44, mods frontapage pls for wider reach
Re: Kemi Adeosun - The Aftermath by Racoon(m): 11:49pm On Sep 16, 2018
NYSC or not, Nigeria have laws.Once you ran foul of the law, then let justice takes it course.Ignorance of the law is never and will never been an excuse.
Meanwhile when will shameless people like Joe Igbokwe, Femi Adeshina, Prof.Sagay, President Buhari & the APC government apologize to Nigerians for their shameful involvement & handling of this scandal

(1) (Reply)

Guber Hopes Of Buhari’s In-law Rattles Adamawa APC / Why Is The Osun Election Slated For Thursday? Why Not Saturday? / Ambode And Apc Primary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.