Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,263 members, 7,829,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD (1865 Views)

Meet Fabian Obi, Peter Obi’s Elder Brother Who Is A Catholic Priest / Obi Peter Onuoha, Wounded Soldier 'Time To Speak Out Than Commit Suicide' / Atiku Considers Soludo, Adesina, Chike Obi, Peter Obi,Ekweremadu As Running Mate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by kahal29: 4:09am On Sep 17, 2018
Corruption in the Process of Appointing the New Director General of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development - Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE.

Recently, the Ministry of Health conducted a Kangaroo Interview to select the Director General of NIPRD. Twelve Professors of Pharmacy and a Doctor of Public Health attended an Interview at the Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Secretariat. All the Professors have over 50 published research papers and over 15 years of research and administration experience each while the non- Professor has 4 papers and no research experience. Four of the candidates were past Deans of Faculty of Pharmacy and one is the Acting DG of NIPRD.

The Interview was conducted by non-PhD officials - Director of Human Resource, Director of Foods and Drugs, and 3 Special Assistants to the two Ministers and Permanent Secretary. They did not know anything about pharmaceutical research and asked no question on the objectives of NIPRD and how to attract funds to the Institute.

To the surprise of the candidates no results have been announced and now the Minister of State for Health has given a letter of appointment to the least qualified candidate (Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE) as the Director General of NIPRD. It is alleged that Dr ADIGWE is the boyfriend of a relation to the Minister of State. If this is true, it is nothing but pure CORRUPTION which the present Administration of President Mohammed Buhari is fighting.

I believe the issue of appointment of new DG for NIPRD had not passed through the office of SGF and Presidency. This appointment was executed when Mr. President was in London.

A novice like Dr. OBI PETERs ADIGWE does not have the capacity to lead an Institute like NIPRD. The qualifications of candidate as in the advertisement for the position of NIPRD DG reads: (I) Must hold PhD or equivalent degree in one of the recognized specialities of the PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (Public Health is NOT one of such specialities) and (ii) have held a senior scientific and management positions, and made distinguished contributions to the Pharmaceutical Sciences through research and publications (4 publications are not). If in doubt, please request the CV of this Candidate and compare it that of the Acting DG (Professor Kunle) or any of the candidates.

This individual is not qualified to be the DG of NIPRD. His appointment will destroy the already mediocre image of NIPRD.
Please save pharmaceutical research in Nigeria and recall this appointment. The whole exercise should properly be conducted by reputed Professors and accomplished members of the Pharmaceutical Industries.

Sir, your reputation and that of the Ministry of Health will be tarnished by this appointment and may lead to possible litigation.

Thank you

Professor Isa Marte Hussaini

CC
SGF
Chief of Staff of Mr President
President of PSN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/secretsreporter.com/corruption-manager-how-health-minister-isaac-adewole-appointed-his-crony-dr-peter-obi-as-the-dg-of-pharmaceutical-research-and-development-niprd-despite-his-inexperience/amp/ cry
Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by nwabobo: 4:14am On Sep 17, 2018
This Hausa/Fulani peoe think they own Nigeria.

4 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by lastcall: 5:50am On Sep 17, 2018
Just like how the minister for petroleum is more qualified than the minister of state. Why this one dey pepper you?

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by Racoon(m): 6:12am On Sep 17, 2018
There is absolute nothing this present government does that is completely devoid of corruption. undecided undecided

2 Likes

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by fiizznation: 6:40am On Sep 17, 2018
nwabobo:
This Hausa/Fulani peoe think they own Nigeria.
Shut it there. So competent northerners that are more qualified that this obi whatever shouldn't be appointed just because they are from the north right? Is this your own definition of fairness and justice? That what how you guys were saying trash when Bichi was appointed even though Bichi was the most qualified person to head the DSS.

I just knew something was fishy about this obi of a guy when I saw his lame CV. No any real research from the guy, his academic background is so featherweight when compared with other folks that did the same interview with the clown.

Well I don't even care about the obi guy and his fraudulent appointment, but the hypocrisy of you folks across the niger is the major thing that amazes me.

And I have come to realise one thing which is, you guys over there will never be contented with whatever Buhari gives you. Even if he relinquished his presidency position to you folks, you will still not be satisfied.

And I say a middle finger to all your wailing and cries. Damn, nobody gives a shit about your endless complain anymore. You can wail till eternity because of Buhari, your cup of tea !!!
Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by SarakiBukola: 6:55am On Sep 17, 2018
Lol at the comparism of PROFESSOR Kunle and DOCTOR Adigwe....

As if we don't know they run Miracle centers in those places tongue

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by freeze001(f): 7:04am On Sep 17, 2018
SarakiBukola:
Lol at the comparism of PROFESSOR Kunle and DOCTOR Adigwe....

As if we don't know they run Miracle centers in the East tongue

Even if you want to take a dig at the East or Igbos, do it intelligently. What has miracle centre got to do with the qualifications of Dr Obi? Is the contention now that he obtained his qualifications via fraud or forgery? We know the headquarters of such nonsense so don't even start. Besides, can miracle centres produce doctoral degrees and peer-reviewed research publications?

Did you even check out the degree awarding institutions he attended?
Let me help you:

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by SarakiBukola: 7:13am On Sep 17, 2018
freeze001:

Even if you want to take a dig at the East or Igbos, do it intelligently. What has miracle centre got to do with the qualifications of Dr Obi? Is the contention now that he obtained his qualifications via fraud or forgery? We know the headquarters of such nonsense so don't even start. Besides, can miracle centres produce doctoral degrees and peer-reviewed research publications?

Did you even check out the degree awarding institutions he attended?
Let me help you:

Congratulations, Nobel Prize winner BUT you don't know the difference between a PROFESSOR and a DOCTOR.

I went to Eton College ( a prestigious secondary school) so i know more about Physics than a Professor of Physics in Leeds University.

Going to a good school negates the minimum requirements of a PhD ?

Now...try again. So Nobel winners too have started graduating from miracle centers? grin

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by SarakiBukola: 7:19am On Sep 17, 2018
Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by nwabobo: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2018
fiizznation:
Shut it there. So competent northerners that are more qualified that this obi whatever shouldn't be appointed just because they are from the north right? Is this your own definition of fairness and justice? That what how you guys were saying trash when Bichi was appointed even though Bichi was the most qualified person to head the DSS.

I just knew something was fishy about this obi of a guy when I saw his lame CV. No any real research from the guy, his academic background is so featherweight when compared with other folks that did the same interview with the clown.

Well I don't even care about the obi guy and his fraudulent appointment, but the hypocrisy of you folks across the niger is the major thing that amazes me.

And I have come to realise one thing which is, you guys over there will never be contented with whatever Buhari gives you. Even if he relinquished his presidency position to you folks, you will still not be satisfied.

And I say a middle finger to all your wailing and cries. Damn, nobody gives a shit about your endless complain anymore. You can wail till eternity because of Buhari, your cup of tea !!!

Bring the so called competent Northerners profile, let me present Obi's profile so we compare.

1 Like

Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by fergie001: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2018
Everything in our country has gone tribal.....

This is normal.....we see it even with VCs of Government-owned Universities and Institutions.....
Like I will always say,the best hands should always be the numero uno to always make us get to the apex as a nation....
I will make two observations......
It has to nothing to do with whether you are a Professor or not...but how your administrative and academic experience can come to bare in that office...
1. The FG should take a peer look into these allegations...
2.Prof.Marte should approach the courts if not satisfied with the resolutions of 1 above.

Nigeria shall be better.....
Re: Corruption In The Process Of Appointment Of Dr. Obi Peter Adigwe As New DG NIPRD by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2018
kahal29:
Corruption in the Process of Appointing the New Director General of National Institute of Pharmaceutical Research and Development - Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE.

Recently, the Ministry of Health conducted a Kangaroo Interview to select the Director General of NIPRD. Twelve Professors of Pharmacy and a Doctor of Public Health attended an Interview at the Federal Ministry of Health, Federal Secretariat. All the Professors have over 50 published research papers and over 15 years of research and administration experience each while the non- Professor has 4 papers and no research experience. Four of the candidates were past Deans of Faculty of Pharmacy and one is the Acting DG of NIPRD.

The Interview was conducted by non-PhD officials - Director of Human Resource, Director of Foods and Drugs, and 3 Special Assistants to the two Ministers and Permanent Secretary. They did not know anything about pharmaceutical research and asked no question on the objectives of NIPRD and how to attract funds to the Institute.

To the surprise of the candidates no results have been announced and now the Minister of State for Health has given a letter of appointment to the least qualified candidate (Dr. OBI PETER ADIGWE) as the Director General of NIPRD. It is alleged that Dr ADIGWE is the boyfriend of a relation to the Minister of State. If this is true, it is nothing but pure CORRUPTION which the present Administration of President Mohammed Buhari is fighting.

I believe the issue of appointment of new DG for NIPRD had not passed through the office of SGF and Presidency. This appointment was executed when Mr. President was in London.

A novice like Dr. OBI PETERs ADIGWE does not have the capacity to lead an Institute like NIPRD. The qualifications of candidate as in the advertisement for the position of NIPRD DG reads: (I) Must hold PhD or equivalent degree in one of the recognized specialities of the PHARMACEUTICAL SCIENCES (Public Health is NOT one of such specialities) and (ii) have held a senior scientific and management positions, and made distinguished contributions to the Pharmaceutical Sciences through research and publications (4 publications are not). If in doubt, please request the CV of this Candidate and compare it that of the Acting DG (Professor Kunle) or any of the candidates.

This individual is not qualified to be the DG of NIPRD. His appointment will destroy the already mediocre image of NIPRD.
Please save pharmaceutical research in Nigeria and recall this appointment. The whole exercise should properly be conducted by reputed Professors and accomplished members of the Pharmaceutical Industries.

Sir, your reputation and that of the Ministry of Health will be tarnished by this appointment and may lead to possible litigation.

Thank you

Professor Isa Marte Hussaini

CC
SGF
Chief of Staff of Mr President
President of PSN

https://www.google.com/amp/s/secretsreporter.com/corruption-manager-how-health-minister-isaac-adewole-appointed-his-crony-dr-peter-obi-as-the-dg-of-pharmaceutical-research-and-development-niprd-despite-his-inexperience/amp/ cry
Reject tribalism and dullardism

Cc lzaa eternaltruths

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

‘I’ve Never Heard Of Christian Terrorists’ — Sultan Of Sokoto / Buhari Challenge All Presidential Aspirants To A Live Debate / Peter Obi Has Won The Premium Times Post-debate Poll Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.