Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,458 members, 7,836,811 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:00 PM

The Way Up! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / The Way Up! (271 Views)

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out / Addiction To Betting! What Is The Way Out? / What Is The Way Forward For A Fresh Graduate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Way Up! by Hegela(m): 6:41am On Sep 17, 2018
Some weeks ago, I went to a student environment as my job dictated and got talking with some young guys within the age bracket of 18-22 years. At a point, one of them said he would like to work with my firm so that he can be paid 50,000 naira per week and that if that happens he will stop 'pressing'!

Sincerely, I was dazed. Firstly, because I never knew that yahoo boys now call scamming 'pressing'! Secondly, because the mentality of this coming generation of youths with regards to being successful in life is grossly faulty!

These guys literally spend their illegal proceeds on girls, clothes, shoes, drinks and cannabis or cocaine as the case may be! 50,000 naira per week kwa!!! Lol.

My friend, the only way up that gaurantees staying up is down! Yes you heard me correctly - down! You can't get to the top without passing through the bottom.

"...Instead, He gave up His divine privileges; He took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When He appeared in human form... Therefore, God elevated Him to the place of highest honor and gave Him the name above all other names..." Phil. 2:7-9 NLT.

You see, even Jesus had to first go down before the Father would lift Him up!

It is of utmost concern to me, that we have a generation coming who believe that hard work is boring and leads to poverty! They say '' soft work is awa work oo''! It is in their songs, in their movies and now in their lives! The rate of internet fraud is on the increase! You tell a foreigner online that you are from Nigeria and the person blocks you immediately!

Our youths pose as ladies with almost naked pictures online to deceive gullible fellows! The other day someone sent me a friend request on Facebook and when I checked the person's profile, it was an almost nude one! I declined immediately!

The truth about this sect is that out of a sampled 10 number of youths involved in these fraudulent acts, only maybe 1 will stand the test of time; others die off before they even attain their prime in life!
Some currently depend on the blood and life of some gullible girls that want it quick in life too, to extend their stay on earth.

This is the reality. Quite unfortunately it is a sad one! My friend, hardwork still pays! Do not be deceived. Such kind of ill-wealth do not last - like a grass they wither by evening! Stick to the old path! Work it out! Work hard and smart! Do not give up! The economy might be hard but at least you got the money to buy a laptop, modem and data subscription - use that money to start a legitimate business. Take your time to build your resources upwards!

"Wealth obtained by fraud dwindles, But the one who gathers by labor increases it." Prov. 13:11 NASB.

Be patient my friend. One thing at a time. Start small. Then grow. Don't skip any step along the way. Understand what stage you are at the moment. Consistency is key here. If you are in school, live within your means. When you get that job, irrespective of what you earn, steadily grow your knowledge base and your finances!

However, if you have been following the hardwork route but you are yet to see your day of celebration, please do not give up. Keep at it, for when the clouds are full, it pours.

"And let us not get tired of doing what is right, for after a while we will reap a harvest of blessing if we don't get discouraged and give up." Gal. 6:9 TLB.

Lastly, understand that there is no shortcut to success. Actually, the 'shortcut' eventually becomes longer than the 'normal' route to success. Be guided.

You are blessed, henceforth! God will cause His light to shine in all that concerns you! Where it seems all hope is lost, He will strengthen, guide and open doors for you in Jesus name. Amen.

God bless you excessively!

PS:
If you'll like to receive Jesus into your life please say this prayer: "Father I acknowledge that I am a sinner, that Jesus died for me, and that You raised Him from the dead. Father please forgive and cleanse me from all my sins. I accept Jesus today as my Lord and my Savior. Amen!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!

(1) (Reply)

How To Identify And Overcome Hurdles / 10 Stage To Build Believability As A Leader / Hulla Hullo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.