Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:42 AM

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out (18218 Views)

Since I Slept With My Staff She No Longer Respects Me Pls Advise Me / Should I Leave My N200k Job For Abroad Job? / Man Shares How A Restaurant Cashier Who He Usually Tip Called To Ask For N200k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by WhiteRuler: 9:51am On Feb 28
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by LegallyBlunt: 10:17am On Feb 28
angry

Did I read this well or this is some joke?

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

Is it transport?
Do you eat out only/buy food?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.

129 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Les: 11:47am On Feb 28
I don't mind accepting any flexible job that will pay me half of that, I am a graduate, 2.1 and what else. Ease be grateful, many don't have anything at all

27 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by nifemi25(m): 2:28pm On Feb 28
Thou the economy is not friendly now but still wondering how you spent 200k in just a week...since you said you don't womanize neither drink or smoke ..... Definitely you are into gambling or spend lavishly....

I can assure you if you earn 1million as salary , you will still complain at the end of the month...most family man here in Lagos earns between 80 and 120 and they still survive..try as much as possible to spend wisely so as to know where your problem is...

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Kingsasian(m): 2:50pm On Feb 28
You are right bro. I earn close to that amount and sometimes more because I work online which pays bi-monthly and on-site which pays monthly. Mehn right now I am dead broke. Naira no get value at all.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by arinzos(m): 3:44pm On Feb 28
Hmmm...
200k can still go a long way in this economy. Check well, something is gulping your money.
Maybe Transport, feeding or even trying to live large (maybe living in an apartment that has lots of unnecessary billing).

9 Likes 5 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by RepoMan007: 3:56pm On Feb 28
Lifestyle. Number one money gulper.

Check inflation also. N200k today is like N65k four years ago.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Jennyclay(f): 5:44pm On Feb 28
You earn 200k monthly and in your mind you’re earning much Mtcheww!!

If you carry me for shopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes and the money will be exhausted not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Freelancerr(m): 5:44pm On Feb 28
embarassed

Nigga, you don't know how to handle money that just the thing.

How can you blow such an amount in a month and you don't womanize or drink etc?

Set target on certain amount to spend weekly then, come and thank me later.

7 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by billionman: 5:44pm On Feb 28
200k now is like 50k four years ago

9 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by sonnie10: 5:45pm On Feb 28
Any one that cannot manage himself on a 200k salary is not being prudent.
I even earn less than that, but my family is not complaining.
We buy food in bulk to last for the month.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by CheedyJ(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28
How many dependents do you have ?
Do you transport everyday?
Do you have an on-going project?
Are you offsetting a debt?
Do you eat like a glutton?
Well sha, 200k isn't much anymore but with proper planning it could still last 2-3 weeks.

5 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by mmafhew(m): 5:45pm On Feb 28
shocked
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Nazgul: 5:45pm On Feb 28
What exactly do you spend you money on that you'll blow 200k in a week?

If you're not sending up to 50k monthly on transportation, I don't see any reason why you should exhaust the money in a week.

Unless you've adopted a lifestyle you certainly cannot afford. Anything aside that, it's literally impossible to spend such money in a week.

5 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Judolisco(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28
200k is enough if u r not married.... Na people wey dey earn 60k or 70k for dis economy go get issues.... D people wey I dey pity na hustlers like me wey no dey collect salary from anyone....

9 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:47pm On Feb 28
Dearest Sane Nairaland members,
Sisi Yewande and Madam Ngo on behalf of All of us at MANNABBQGRlLLS are checking on you.

Times are hard
It is for the best future for us all.
No pain No Gain.
Guide your mental health.
Cut down on excesses and frivolity.
Keep joining us to pray for a better Nigeria 🇳🇬.
Slow and Steady we will get to the nation flowing with milk and honey.
A country of our dreams.
God bless you all.
God bless Nigeria 🇳🇬 🇳🇬 🇳🇬

We Love You all ❤️ 😍 💖

Addendum : Enemies of Nigeria, (No matter the part of the country you came from)
Skip this comment, it ain't for you.
Check the first line to see who it was addressed to.
If you do otherwise and quote to be negative or curse sane people here you will be miserable for life.
#No be curse,
Na FACT.
Thanks and Cheers.

.........and everyone should congratulate one of our neighbors for winning 2 trophies 🏆 🏆 below.......

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by wunmi590(m): 5:47pm On Feb 28

200k is just like 100k in the present economy, but that doesn't mean it can't take you for a whole month, most especially for somebody who is not married...

I'm on 250k salary and I still manage till the end of the month, with 2 kids and a wife, infact, I still do my normal mutual benefit savings 10k each for my 2kids..

This present economy doesn't allow anyone to spend anyhow, you spend anyhow, you see shege banza...

Is still this money I will fuel my wife jalopy monthly to take my kid to school ooo

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Divoc19(f): 5:47pm On Feb 28
Imagine those earning way less with wife and kids

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Akwamkpuruamu: 5:47pm On Feb 28
I am barely coping with 300k with a family of 4

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by ecolime(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for chopping with that money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes not to talk of bag and shoes undecided

Biko, just stay away from a relationship in order not to put someone’s daughter in abject poverty.
How much do you earn monthly?

You don't have a job and you depend on men for stipends yet you dey disrespect an hustler.

You no get shame Jennyclay

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Enskynelson(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
LegallyBlunt:
angry

Did I read this well or this is some joke?

How can you blow 200K in less than a week? Doing what exactly? The economy is bad, yes, but 200K can still go a long way and last a full month if used wisely. Even married people would be great to earn this much money now!

Is it transport?
Do you eat out only/buy food?
Do have dependents?

If you don't know how you spend your income, then you're one very unserious fellow.
If he is married with at least a kid and live in a city, that money cannot reach anywhere. It's just me and my wife with almost zero social life, yet I can understand what he is saying.

5 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by money121(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
Otilor
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Enskynelson(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
No be only you o.
The thing the shock me.
2019 I was always having a cartoon of liquid peak milk
Gradually...
I changed to powdered
Then, to satchet
Right now, it's whenever I need (occasionally of cos) that I buy.

I used to buy semo then in bags
I could not cope
Now, I am on masara + cassava mix

I used to have carton of indomie and replace anytime it finishes
Now, the last time I bought a carton of indomie is getting to 2 years.

I don't drink, I don't womanise.
In fact, if u ask me for 5k, I have to plan towarda it before giving you most times

I don't have savings, just little business investment
I could stay 6 months without buying any wears...
Yet, things are hard. I find myself doing maths on top every coin.

Then... I wonder how those without jobs are coping.
It's really a difficult time in Nigeria. Naira has lost its value.

16 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by money121(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
WhiteRuler:
I mean by the grace of God, I have been making such amount per month and sometimes more, but can I shock you? I'm always broke! That money, if it comes in bulk does not stay more than 5 days in my account before the account balance returns to what looks like a radio station frequency (92.5, 93.7 etc). Lol.

Abeg anybody else in my shoes? I don't drink, smoke or womanize or even spend money on unnecesary things. The cost of living in the country is just EXTREMELY high, which is the main thing that finishes the money in no time.

As things are now, making millions is the only way out but how I go reach there?

Which hustles I fit add to the one I'm doing now?

On the flip side, I believe successful governments especially the present one have been very intentional about subjecting the citizens into poverty the more for political gains.

My point

With the level of hunger, starvation and frustration going on in the country, people would be begging for any amount to vote during election, the political gains.

May God help us.
OP 200k is enough just cut ur cloth according to ur size
But if you think the amount is not enough divert to business maybe that's ur calling

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Chukwudi4naija(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
You are most likely a gambler or spend lavishly on house bills, like constant usage of fuel for generator and possibly on a car. Greater percentage of Nigeria work force don't earn half of that amount, but they still survive. Endeavour to live for self and not to impress people that don't even care about you.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by GanagiBitrus: 5:48pm On Feb 28
Wonder when we will start seeing the Renewed Hope.
For now it is Renewed Shege.

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by Dyfynezz12(m): 5:48pm On Feb 28
At least if u 're not married should be ok
Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by MANNABBQGRILLS: 5:48pm On Feb 28
You try OP,

Not everyone love to ask people for help....

So, people should congratulate one of our neighbors for winning 2 trophies 🏆 🏆 below.......

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by money121(m): 5:49pm On Feb 28
Jennyclay:

If you carry me for chopping with money I can’t even pick up to 4 clothes undecided

Hungry Lion grin grin
Una no dey shame tongue tongue
Tell your parent to provide for you stop disturbing someone else child

9 Likes

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by oluwaseyi0: 5:49pm On Feb 28
I shouldn't even say mine

1 Like

Re: N200k/month Earning Is No Longer The Way Out by EconomistXplain: 5:49pm On Feb 28
OP is losing except he buys fuel for gen daiky ir car daily...nothing else can put u in Tight corner...

Guy park ur car or use 300k convert to CNG

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

N150,000 Job Or Fully Funded Scholarship For Masters In Malaysia / Pls Advice An Accounting Graduate: CFA Or ICAN? / Massive Bank Job Loss Imminent In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.