Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? (373 Views)

Adeosun: Original Vs Fake NYSC Exemption Certificate For 2009 Compared By PT / Kemi Adeosun Applied For Exemption Certificate – NYSC / Kemi Adeosun Fake NYSC Exemption Certificate And Other Credentials (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by Chukwuemeka007(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2018
Following the recent drama and intrigues associated with the fake NYSC certificate scandal that led to the resignation of Kemi Adeosun as finance minister, I looked up what the NYSC Act has to say.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :

1. He is over the age of thirty (30) years

2. He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

3. He is a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization or

The State Security Service, or

The National Intelligence Agency or

The Defence Intelligence Service

4. He has been conferred with any National Honour.

These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.

With these, I think we've been asking the wrong questions. According to the law, Since Kemi Adeosun graduated below the age of 30 and not being a member of the above listed security apparatuses, she had no right to apply for an Exemption from the mandatory service year in the first place. Studying here in Nigeria or Abroad (as in her case) clearly attracts no special considerations for exemption.

All I'm saying is Kemi Adeosun did not meet the requirements of the law to apply for or to be granted an NYSC Exemption Certificate. The only alternative is her undergoing the scheme or given a presidential pardon for exclusion.

Then, her so called "Exemption Certificate" is INADMISSIBLE and not FAKE because she's not entitled to a real or legit one.

These are my thoughts from my findings. Please feel free to drop yours.
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by BigbamoAYO(m): 9:16am On Sep 17, 2018
Pls spare this woman,she's already above the law,
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by Chukwuemeka007(m): 9:25am On Sep 17, 2018
BigbamoAYO:
Pls spare this woman,she's already above the law,

Above the law? Really? Well I just want to set things straight because most people think the problem hinges on her being scammed with a fake cert not knowing that she's not entitled to the Exemption Certificate in the first place.
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by RevenGeMission: 9:33am On Sep 17, 2018
Well , i know for sure that what's done is done

She graduated in UK and started working immediately , i know 99.99999% of the bad belle carrying her matter for head will kill for such an opportunity
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by overall90: 9:37am On Sep 17, 2018
This is a very good exposé.
what this means is that on her return to the country,she must have found out that she was not entitled to an exemption and instead of serving,she decided to get a fake certificate after all this is Nigeria.
I for one never believed the story that people she trusted procured her a fake paper.
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by Chukwuemeka007(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2018
overall90:
This is a very good exposé.
what this means is that on her return to the country,she must have found out that she was not entitled to an exemption and instead of serving,she decided to get a fake certificate after all this is Nigeria.
I for one never believed the story that people she trusted procured her a fake paper.

Exactly. Then she jejely resigned because she knows further investigations will show she isn't qualified for it. Plus it'll tarnish her image in the UK where she's a citizen
Re: Was Kemi Adeosun Qualified To Apply For NYSC Exemption Certificate? by BigbamoAYO(m): 11:29am On Sep 17, 2018
Chukwuemeka007:

Above the law? Really? Well I just want to set things straight because most people think the problem hinges on her being scammed with a fake cert not knowing that she's not entitled to the Exemption Certificate in the first place.
And when our Government can't arrest her,dis is Nigeria,law catch people on lower level

(1) (Reply)

I’ll Teach You How To Defeat Tinubu In Lagos – Saraki Tells Lagos PDP / #osundecides2018: What Aregbesola, Omisore Said After Voting / Osun Rerun; History Of Election Rerun In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.