Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures (19934 Views)

Crown Flour Mill Limited / A Nigerian Man's Business In South Africa In Pictures / Kings Flour Mill In Akwa Ibom In Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Yorubaskullmine: 11:44am On Sep 17, 2018
Trendy247:
[s]The Industrialization no dey reach annang

UDOM is a FOOL! [/s]
Why didn't akpabio remember to industrialize annang. Commot here jare.
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Ikpongiton: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2018
udom is really trying,but if one has to compare this to the one B.U.A is doing in port harcourt,one can only say all fingers are not equal.
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Trendy247: 11:59am On Sep 17, 2018
Yorubaskullmine:
Why didn't akpabio remember to industrialize annang. Commot here jare.
Can u compare Akpabio's achievement to this fake industrialization?
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 12:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
seyigiggle:
when i say 1,000, i mean direct and indirect jobs.

Unfortunately, there are no stats to prove the quantity of flour it'd produce which determines the revenue - and how many person it would employ.

Until then, 1000 is a hoax.

ifiokjohn:
what will ever please you guys? when akpabio was building all those you mentioned, people complained and said they was poverty in the land and akwa ibomite were suffering.
Many here said akpabio needed to buold industries and factories all over to employ people. Today udom is creating employments through provision of factories and industries and you still say that should not be his priority Please what should?

It's not the priority of the government to build industries or companies. Rather, it's theirs to create the enabling environment for private entrepreneurs to form companies and build factories. Government does not create jobs, sane government actually.

I wish to see which of the factory that will survive after he leaves office.

2 Likes

Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by ifiokjohn(m): 12:25pm On Sep 17, 2018
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, there are no stats to prove the quantity of flour it'd produce which determines the revenue - and how many person it would employ.

It's not the priority of the government to build industries or companies. Rather, it's theirs to create the enabling environment for private entrepreneurs to form companies and build factories. Government does not create jobs, sane government actually.

does it occur to you that the governor is also creating aj enabling environment from private investors?

Udom might not be hundred good but i can beat my chest and say he is trying.

If he does not build all this people will come for his head today and tomorrow so that is why he is doing it
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by sleeveless: 12:26pm On Sep 17, 2018
Gerrard59:

It is d priority of government to invest in any sector it wishes provided there are structure to make it sustainable better still government can privatise it and own a reasonable shares in it. If government cannot own businesses remember China with CCECC
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by seyigiggle: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
this is my concern with you people, you don't know and you wouldn't learn.
direct employ means those that would be employed directly by the company. i dare say about 300 comparing with a mill i know.
indirect means the numbers of whole sellers, retailers, transporters from the state and neighboring states until it gets to the final consumers among other opportunities. Also, the location will experience a trade boom in form of hotels, accommodation, food vendors etc that would get people engaged.

this is a broad scope i'm trying to simplify to you..
Gerrard59:

1 Like

Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by mrxtrakoolm: 1:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
Trustisaburden:
The govt has little or no business with building industries, but needs to concentrate efforts in building good schools and enabling infrastructures to let private sectors do the needful.

I Wonder how some people think. after the schooling what will the people eat? certificate? ir travel to lagos to look for a Job? what about diversification etc. u need to reset your brain. who will build a floor Mill in Akwa IBom? if not for the state to build and privatise. unemployment is increasing we need to industrialize to get those that are skilled working.
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Gerrard59(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
seyigiggle:
this is my concern with you people, you don't know and you wouldn't learn.
direct employ means those that would be employed directly by the company. i dare say about 300 comparing with a mill i know.
indirect means the numbers of whole sellers, retailers, transporters from the state and neighboring states until it gets to the final consumers among other opportunities. Also, the location will experience a trade boom in form of hotels, accommodation, food vendors etc that would get people engaged.

this is a broad scope i'm trying to simplify to you..

OK, I get you. Just that I have never fancied anything built the government.

sleeveless:

It is d priority of government to invest in any sector it wishes provided there are structure to make it sustainable better still government can privatise it and own a reasonable shares in it. If government cannot own businesses remember China with CCECC

Unfortunately, you are confusing the Akwa Ibom state government for the Singaporean government. Udom for Lee Hsien Loong. Quite unfortunate.

There has been no government built or operated industry that outlives the initiator after he leaves office in Nigeria. An example is the ISH by Akapbio.

I will quote you on this a year after Udom leaves office.

ifiokjohn:
does it occur to you that the governor is also creating aj enabling environment from private investors?

Udom might not be hundred good but i can beat my chest and say he is trying.

If he does not build all this people will come for his head today and tomorrow so that is why he is doing it

Too bad you have low standards. Udom commensurate with the funds at his disposal is not trying.

At the bold: Take it easy, cardiologists are scarce in Uyo.

1 Like

Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by imhere: 1:39pm On Sep 17, 2018
When talking about employing 1000 persons it doesnt mean all the staff's that will work in the factory. Aside direct employment, indirect employment is included and that has to do with value addition
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by princejones(m): 2:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
At least he should spray the development even and at least one in each of the other senatorial district
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by lordcenred(m): 3:05pm On Sep 17, 2018
gentlegenius:
Hmmm... Everything in Akwa Ibom is happening in Onna, Gov Udom's territory.
It's not bad, as long as they are visibly in existence and belong to AKSG
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by loomer: 4:41pm On Sep 17, 2018
gentlegenius:
Hmmm...
Everything in Akwa Ibom is happening in Onna, Gov Udom's territory.

if all governors fit dey make good things happen for their territories, Nigeria for don fine na
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by Jermat20(m): 4:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
UDOM I'm one of supporter but please let your projects be in all senatorial district remember onna alone can not take you to government house for second term
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by ifiokjohn(m): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Gerrard59:

OK, I get you. Just that I have never fancied anything built the government.

Unfortunately, you are confusing the Akwa Ibom state government for the Singaporean government. Udom for Lee Hsien Loong. Quite unfortunate.

There has been no government built or operated industry that outlives the initiator after he leaves office in Nigeria. An example is the ISH by Akapbio.

I will quote you on this a year after Udom leaves office.

Too bad you have low standards. Udom commensurate with the funds at his disposal is not trying.

At the bold: Take it easy, cardiologists are scarce in Uyo.
well we are using Nigeria's standard. And we that i say udom is the best
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by DeKen: 10:33am On Jun 24, 2019
yourFEARS:
Serious work on going at the Kings Flour Mill, Onna Akwa Ibom State

#Udom2019
#onlyGOD

Do you know if this mill has started operating? I will be interested in getting byproducts from them.
Re: Kings Flour Mill Akwa Ibom In Pictures by SPius: 2:38pm On Aug 28, 2019
Trustisaburden:
The govt has little or no business with building industries, but needs to concentrate efforts in building good schools and enabling infrastructures to let private sectors do the needful.

My thoughts exactly. I am wary of govt business projects.have seen too many of them become chop chop point

I pray this turns out well but I think this is mostly private owned

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Billionaire Mike Adenuga Offers $600m For Ivorian Mobile Phone Company. / How Do I Recover My Money From A Debtor ? / Recession: It’s Up To You, CBN Tells Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.