Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,306 members, 7,839,489 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

Character Defamation Is A Criminal Offense- A Hard Lesson For Omoyele Sowore I - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Character Defamation Is A Criminal Offense- A Hard Lesson For Omoyele Sowore I (263 Views)

Woman Arrested For Allegedly Hiring A Criminal To Rob Her Friend Of Her Iphone / "Oga What's My Offense" — Boy Cries As SARS Officers Harass Him / Nigerian Man Killed After His Filipino Wife Alleged That He Is A Criminal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Character Defamation Is A Criminal Offense- A Hard Lesson For Omoyele Sowore I by levimuna2014(m): 9:51am On Sep 17, 2018
MORE TROUBLE FOR SOWORE AND SAHARA REPORTERS AS DR AARON AKINLOYE DEBUNK CLAIMS OLUKOYA SENT HIM AS EMISSARY OR OFFERED TO BANKROLL SOWORE’S PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN.

A few days ago, Dr D.K Olukoya the General Overseer of MFM Worldwide filed a N10 billion libel suit against the publisher of Sahara Reporters Omoyele Sowore.
In the suit filed before the Akwa Ibom State High Court in Uyo, the MFM founder said he was constrained to take legal action against Sowore, his online platform, Sahara Reporters Incorporated and the Incorporated Trustees of Sahara Media Foundation for their alleged failure to desist from publishing false and malicious articles against him and his church, MFM, since 2013.
In His usual manner, Sahara Reporters publisher Mr Sowore in an attempt to further drag the man of God into his dirty fight made claims in a video that Dr Olukoya sent a certain emissary to him, requesting a dialogue and even made him an offer to bankroll his political campaign which he turned down.
Apparently, this could not be further from the truth as the purported emissary has written stern warnings to Omoyele Sowore to desist from brazenly lying against him or face legal actions.
In his reply to Sowore on a Nairaland thread between the 3rd and 5th of September stated and I quote
‘’I Dr Aaron Akinloye have never said that the General Overseer sent me to you. You would recall that we were talking about UNILAG Alumni when you showed interest in the development of the school. Please, be very careful with the way you spread unconfirmed news. Mr Sowore, let me ask you, on what capacity would the G.O have sent me to you? I am not his media person. Please, be careful the way you are going about this.
Signed: Dr Aaron Akinloye.

To further exonerate himself from Mr Sowore’s web of lies Dr Aaron warned him further;
“In fact, Sowore needs help. He needs plenty of prayers. Does he think he can sit down somewhere and begin to confuse the whole world? People that know him should call him to order. Somebody who said he was ready to confess his sins before the man of God. Sowore, we know your history while in Unilag anyways. I am not surprised. Why am I even disturbing myself over your cantankerous attitude?
Signed: Dr Aaron Akinloye”

According to Dr Akinloye, Sowore’s claims that Dr D.K Olukoya offered to finance his political campaign is a mere media stunt to get attention, stating that the G.O neither gets involved in politics nor does he know that Sowore even has political ambition.
‘’Sowore what is your problem? When did I tell you that the General Overseer of Mountain of Fire and Miracles Ministries would like to finance your campaign? You must be out of your mind. The man of God who doesn’t get involved in politics. Does he even know that you are contesting for anything? If you are looking for attention, you won’t get it. I strongly advise you to desist from your antics, particularly the way you are dragging me into this mess. If you fail to desist from slandering my name, I will take a legal action against you.
Signed
Dr Aaron Akinloye”

In that same video, he further more deepened himself in a mud of quicksand by talking about the Maryland church case, which has already been won by the church with all evidence and document

presented, of which Sowore did not do proper findings of facts before publishing his usual fake news all in effort to slander the image of the ministry
According to sources close to the G.O, Sowore was given a very long period of grace. He was warned to desist from publishing slanderous, malicious and unconfirmed stories against Dr Olukoya and the MFM but all the warnings fell on deaf ears and this left the church no other option than to seek legal redress.
Sowore and his Sahara platform are a case of sad news to the Nigerian journalism and must be stopped before he further does damage to the image of this wonderful country.

(1) (Reply)

Court Orders Arrest Of Senator Uzodinma Over N200m Dud Cheque / Soldier Shot Dead While Trying To Prevent Lady’s Kidnap / EFCC Moves Ayodele Fayose To Lagos For Trial

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.