Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:48 AM

INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election (13514 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Chant ‘No Structure’ As Obi Wins In Polling Units / INEC Bars Douye Diri From Entering Its Headquarters / Jubilation In Adamawa As Buhari Defeats Atiku In Polling Unit (PICS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Newbiee: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
G
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by seborrhic: 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
PRESENTATION:

READ READ READ , IT WONT HARM YOU
Mr you should use your sense.
Just like everything wrong with the African black man,we hate technology and prefer using stone age methods to address issues.
Phones at polling units,rather than encourage rigging, would rather reduce it if only INEC should use it properly and if the law enforcement authorities would do their jobs.
You should read and think deep and don't be shallow in looking at decisions taken by bodies without serious analysis.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Kingjames(m): 2:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
I smell a dead Big RAT

why...but why Nigeria

disis Nigeria.. yea , dis is Nigeria
blessed you falz
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by meforyou1(m): 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
So very funny.
Mobile phone is used for vote-buying and vote-selling? Abi it is used to record the incidicent?
INEC wants to aid big time vote rigging.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by yesloaded: 2:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Good move
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by joenor(m): 2:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
Wow sound something x is going on, why won't camera phone and any lawful device been used during the election
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by eneyoduke(m): 2:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rigging is not corruption........ Chai Buharist
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by jamace(m): 2:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
This will allow room for "May the best rigger win". angry
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Nobody: 3:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Racoon:
Primitive INEC! angry angry Instead of strengthening the electoral process by being more proactive(ensure it own independence/associate security agencies, arrest & thoroughly prosecute INEC officials/politicians/ agents involved in electoral malpractice),the cluesless electoral body is opting for this crap.

INEC wants to ensure the evidence of electoral malpractices are well conceal but it will never work as this is simply a violation of people right to own their phones hence abuse of privacy.
It have forgotten people will still come with spy lenses/pen or other criptic electronic devices & the rigging continues.

1 Like

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by akanbiaa(m): 3:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
happney65:
The Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, has said voters will not be allowed to go inside polling booths with their telephones, cameras and any other devices that can record images.

He said this on Monday in Osogbo at the stakeholders’ forum organised ahead of Saturday election.

The INEC chairman said this would help to curb the issue of vote-buying and vote-selling which he described as a new strategy adopted by politicians to rig elections.

He said voters would not be barred from using their devices at the polling units but would not be allowed to hold their cameras and telephones from the moment they are issued with ballot papers until they cast their marked ballots inside the ballot boxes.

Details later

https://punchng.com/breaking-inec-bars-video-recording-in-polling-booths-during-osun-election/
IT WAS RECORDING DEVICES THAT HELPED AREGBESHOLA PROVE HIS CASE IN COURT ON HOW OYINLOLA STOLE HIS MANDATE.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by 1miccza: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
happney65:

Naaa,Not at all..Its a nice means to curb vote buying..Voters can come to the polling booth with their phones but from the moment they hold the ballot paper till the time they put it in the ballot box,they cant go with their phones meaning for those that buy votes,voters wont be able to snap the Party they vote for and show it to the party agents as that is the only means of verification by the party agents

On the flip side i don't think this will stop anything, the vote buying takes place before you even queue up at the polling both, i have been approached severally, this kind of response should take place at the collation center where they send different figures from what's on the paper via sms and calls to the REC or collation officer.. If we are truly interested in curbing these actions we can make the whole process to be clearly tech based .My two cents though....

1 Like

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Calers: 3:06pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nice development
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by LZAA: 3:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
happney65:
The Chairman of Independent National Electoral Commission, Prof Mahmood Yakubu, has said voters will not be allowed to go inside polling booths with their telephones, cameras and any other devices that can record images.

He said this on Monday in Osogbo at the stakeholders’ forum organised ahead of Saturday election.

The INEC chairman said this would help to curb the issue of vote-buying and vote-selling which he described as a new strategy adopted by politicians to rig elections.

He said voters would not be barred from using their devices at the polling units but would not be allowed to hold their cameras and telephones from the moment they are issued with ballot papers until they cast their marked ballots inside the ballot boxes.

Details later

https://punchng.com/breaking-inec-bars-video-recording-in-polling-booths-during-osun-election/
My worry is we have a clown trying to rule a union copying a caliphate method ie few elite ruling a massive poor yet the so called sophisticated are cheering and appaulding
Well like i always say u can lead a horse...
Finish the rest wink
Sarkin is on honeymoon
Cc immhotep greenback gmbuharii onyeoga Roger3D sharpshoota

1 Like

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by StRichard(m): 3:08pm On Sep 17, 2018
To end vote buying they should gather all the party agents and lock them in one police van during the election, let them peep through the window.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Nobody: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
LZAA:

My worry is we have a clown trying to rule a union copying a caliphate method ie few elite ruling a massive poor yet the so called sophisticated are cheering and appaulding
Well like i always say u can lead a horse...
Finish the rest wink
Sarkin is on honeymoon
Cc immhotep greenback gmbuharii onyeoga Roger3D sharpshoota
el-dullardeen himself

cc lzaa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by fennels007(m): 3:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
Why? How? Please educate me.

Andhominem:
Nice one
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by slivertongue: 3:15pm On Sep 17, 2018
DeceptIon from a toothless bulldog...
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Racoon(m): 3:16pm On Sep 17, 2018
silastemplar:
this guy lemme just tell you this. Your reasoning is too disgusting. You are too poor upstairs. For your own sake alone please, reform your thinking
Thank brother man.We all have our worldviews.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by RevenGeMission: 3:17pm On Sep 17, 2018
Very sensible answer, but trust me that won't curb vote buying , they'll show it to the Party agent by pointing at the vote before dropping it into ballot box

I am thinking of unpacking my drone if they won't let us use phones, we want to record everything with drones

happney65:

Naaa,Not at all..Its a nice means to curb vote buying..Voters can come to the polling booth with their phones but from the moment they hold the ballot paper till the time they put it in the ballot box,they cant go with their phones meaning for those that buy votes,voters wont be able to snap the Party they vote for and show it to the party agents as that is the only means of verification by the party agents

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by galaxy2020(m): 3:18pm On Sep 17, 2018
One of the rigging formulas.... God help my country
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Unik3030: 3:22pm On Sep 17, 2018
happney65:

what about arresting vote buyers cos to me that excuse is kinda lame
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Nobody: 3:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
Racoon:
Thank brother man.We all have our worldviews.
i retract my earlier comment. wasnt necessary
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by hardeytarhyour(m): 3:24pm On Sep 17, 2018
thanks to the commissioner for protecting vote buying/selling to make sure there is fare electioneering
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by noblefrank31(m): 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2018
Ok
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by IbrahimDamola: 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
Buhari welldone for this nice idea to rig your way through power. A good fight against electoral transparency, so that you can enslave all nigerians.

Lie mohammed would have threatened fire and brimstone and even publish fake news on newspapers if GEJ had done this in 2015.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by undisputedgbola(m): 3:28pm On Sep 17, 2018
zone51:
So, we won't be able to give update on vote counting as it goes abi?... At least, Walkie Talkie isn't a phone.

Obviously you didn't read the news, you only read the topic of the thread...

And someone else will see your post and add his/her comment and the WRONG news will continue to spread...

Take pain to VERIFY any information you see on SM, it won't kill you!

1 Like

Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Nobody: 3:36pm On Sep 17, 2018
happney65:

No need for phones in a vote buying event. The thugs that dish out these payments stand a few metres from the polling booth and once u cast ur vote, U show dem the ballot paper and they confirm dat u voted for their preferred candidate. If u dont, They will beat u well wen u come out and collect the 4k from u
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Sagay212: 3:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
This lifeless APC govt is extremely useless. How can you ban video recording. What kind of stupi.d effrontery do these evil basta.rds have. They are so confident with their useless rigging intentions. You want to rig election and you are bold enough to rub it on people's face. I do not blame them. I blame the docile Nigerian masses who always keep quiet. Buhari must be sent out of aso rock which ever way. After the elections he must be arrested and left to rot in jail together with his fellow APC evil politicians.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by truthstands01: 3:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
Rubbish. Enact robust electoral policies and let the president sign it into law. Best way to go not this crap.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Tomoyayi(m): 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
kereman1:
So we won't report magomago abi!!!!

Altho they are tryan to avoid smthg like this.

Chai, See as e sleep so tey him cap fall.
Re: INEC Bars Phones, Video Recording In Polling Booths During Osun Election by Tomoyayi(m): 3:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
Sagay212:
This lifeless APC govt is extremely useless. How can you ban video recording. What kind of stupi.d effrontery do these evil basta.rds have. They are so confident with their useless rigging intentions. You want to rig election and you are bold enough to rub it on people's face. I do not blame them. I blame the docile Nigerian masses who always keep quiet. Buhari must be sent out of aso rock which ever way. After the elections he must be arrested and left to rot in jail together with his fellow APC evil politicians.

Oga, read am well na

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Atiku To Address The Nation By 9am Today Via Twitter & Facebook / Adewole Adebayo: Abuja Would Have Been Like Ajaokuta If Not For IBB's Vision / Zamfara Businessman And PDP Chieftain, Danguruf Dumps Atiku For Tinubu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.