Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,539 members, 7,770,398 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 10:21 AM

Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth (92823 Views)

I Will Send You The Easiest PPT Income System To Make Instant Money / 25 Richest People In World In 2018 And Their Net Worth / Meet Allen Onyema, Biography, Net Worth Of CEO Of Air Peace (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Gucciblog: 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2018
Identical twins leave London teenage gang life in the past to become multi-millionaires worth £41m after their cryptocurrency rockets in value

Two identical twins and former gang members are now worth £41million and friends with the rich and famous after launching their own cryptocurrency just last year.

Sam and Steve Nico Williams, 38, from Brockley, south-east London, have revealed how they turned their lives around, moved into finance and made their fortune.

Last year Steve launched the cryptocurrency, Populous (PPT) which is the 52nd most valuable cryptocurrency token in the world, worth £96.5million.

The twins, pictured with boxer Floyd Mayweather, who say they want to use their wealth to create opportunities for others from hard-up communities

Populous is an invoice discounting platform that helps small and medium-sized businesses with cash flow problems to raise finance against invoices from the crypto community.

Their other investments include a stake in the Michelin-starred Restaurant Story in London Bridge, and a London estate agency chain.

The brothers are friends with a string of celebrities including rapper 50 Cent and former world boxing champion Floyd Mayweather.

Steve, the older brother by one minute, said: 'I have always been fascinated with the world of finance. We have gone through a lot together as brothers and it is great that all our hard work has paid off.'

Sam and Steve both attended Crofton Comprehensive in Lewisham, now renamed Prendergast Ladywell School, where 22 per cent of pupils get free school meals and exam passes are well below the national average.

Their mother, a chef, and their father, an accountant, moved to the UK from Nigeria and worked long hours to provide for their sons.

But Steve fell into the wrong crowd for a while, and 12 years ago was convicted of obtaining money by deception.

He said: 'It was a major wake-up call and I had plenty of time to think about what I was going to do with my life. I made a big mistake and I paid for it.

'I knew I had to turn my life around and work hard to achieve a good life for me and my family. I also want to give back by helping youths on the streets and those involved in street crime and I hope to inspire and create positive opportunities for them.'

Steve, described as 'the brains' behind Populous, is a commercial data expert and studied a GNVQ in Advanced Business at Crofton Comprehensive School in Lewisham.

Sam excelled at computer programming at the same school's sixth form.

After leaving school, the brothers started various businesses such as Tramp, a lifestyle and concierge magazine, and researched financial markets and data, before they decided to move into the lucrative world of cryptocurrency.

They worked solidly for four years to build the blockchain code for their tokens on their mum's kitchen table in Brockley and were shocked by the huge success when Steve put the Populous (PPT) token on the market in June 2017.

They originally thought it might raise a few thousand pounds, but 24 hours later they had assets worth £1.85million in Ethereum digital currency.

Sam said: 'The success Populous has exceeded all expectations - we thought it would do well but this has been phenomenal.

'We had been involved on the fringes of gangs as teenagers when we were growing up in South London - but it's fair to say that our lifestyles has changed completely in the past year.'

The brothers have released 37million PPT tokens to have funds to develop the coin further and retained 16 million PPT tokens which are currently trading at $3.42 which makes their current net worth £41.76 million, according to the CoinMarketCap table of the world's leading cryptocurrencies.

The value of cryptocurrencies changes daily, but all of Populous' early investors have made a fortune.

At the peak of the crypto market back in March 2018, the brothers were worth up to £1billion when the coin peaked at $68.91 but there has been a steep market change downwards since then.

Even now, with the market at its lowest ebb, they are still sitting on a fortune worth tens of millions.

Sam has now launched two crypto tokens, Zloadr, a due diligence token which can assess the profitability and liquidity of businesses, and DocTailor, a token for legal professionals to offer their services to the tech community.

Steve has launched a new business intelligence token 'PXT' alongside his latest venture, Populous World's XBRL platform.

The Williams brothers' business operations are located in Mayfair's exclusive Berkeley Square they also own a stake in Tom Sellers' critically acclaimed Michelin-starred Restaurant Story in London - famous for its 10-course set menu.

Speculation in cryptocurrencies has shot up in the past 18 months and the biggest and best known currency, Bitcoin, reached a value of $20,000 earlier this year, though it has since slumped back to just over $6,400.

Major banks are now getting involved in trading cryptocurrencies and Goldman Sachs launched a Crypto trading desk in May this year to capitalise on the huge growth of this market.

The Williams brothers are not the only identical twins who have made it big in crypto currencies.

American investors Tyler and Cameron Winklevoss, whose story was featured in the movie The Social Network, have been hailed as the world's first bitcoin billionaires.

When the twins were awarded $65 million in cash and Facebook stock after a lengthy legal dispute with Mark Zuckerberg, they used their windfall to back Bitcoin and the decision paid off.

At the start of this year, their holding was worth more than $1 billion.

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6176239/Identical-twins-leave-London-teenage-gang-life-multi-millionaires-worth-41m.html

14 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by HeWrites(m): 6:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
Wow..

2 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Tamarapetty(f): 6:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
cheesy choi, nice one

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Acjohn(m): 6:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
If na Nigeria una study all that thing na bizness centre una for end.

Unfortunately we are still at the level of define computer as exam question for computer students in Nigeria

239 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Bantino(m): 10:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
Great

1 Like

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Nobody: 10:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Gutsy62(f): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
Touching

2 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
More power to their elbows

I just like twins, especially when they are both same gendertongue

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by uzohrome(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Great job guys... Keep on guys.

2 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by gameboy727(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
Long read, but quite inspiring.
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by northvietnam(m): 10:57pm On Sep 17, 2018
I thought they said crypto na scam

7 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Nobody: 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
And me, I de run from cryptocurrency businesses. grin

That name "Nico" reminds me of Nico Mbaga.

13 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by MrDoGood(m): 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
grin
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Seconsol92(m): 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
Nice one

1 Like

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Realdeals(m): 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
How can a government who do not understand that Google provides income for more young Nigerians than Buhari does in the last 3 years encourages crypto currency trading. They are not in tune with reality cos of old age and analogue mentality.

Let's support a digital leader like Sowore

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by royalads: 10:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
This is wisdom at its peak... Kudos...
Guys, if you want to hit it big at the moment, finance or tech is the way to go....

5 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by kerry57: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
Na Mayweather be that? Abi 50 cent. Correct urself bro. 50 , Na one of the kings of gangsterd,not surprised they where wasting in the dug with him until they tot out of the box. Good thinking, Good product,
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Kylekent59: 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
What a nice combination.

I just hope woman won't cause their separation.

Over there, they deals with practices, but in Nigeria it's all about theory.

1 Like

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Pharaoh001(f): 10:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
Why all this non sense on FP News don finish ba? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by Obierika(m): 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
As far as I'm concerned crypto currency is a grand scam!

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by millionboi2: 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
Scammers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by frugal(m): 11:00pm On Sep 17, 2018
The article clearly omitted their surname because it's not crime related.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by nwakibie3(m): 11:01pm On Sep 17, 2018
Believe me if they are in nigeria they wont succeed

2 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by kerry57: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
This guys most be my Jewish bros in them, I am so proud of. There head tell it all, cos baba God takes special time to mould our head because of what it carries: Good thinking, Good product. Igbo Amaka

14 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by slivertongue: 11:02pm On Sep 17, 2018
Grass to grace story. hop its nt yahoo yahoo? crypto wat? invest wisely boys

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by InvertedHammer: 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
/
How do you sit on £1b and let it slide to £41m without taking something off the table? Not looking at the numbers but their strategy.

Now at £3.40...can they ever forgive themselves if it goes to £0?
/

11 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by castrokins(m): 11:03pm On Sep 17, 2018
Inspiring
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by redsun(m): 11:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
This is what they should be doing instead playing mind altering and cynical videos games or watching arsenal.

It is open to all out there, but it is just a matter of knowing how it works for you without fuss.

5 Likes

Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by bettercreature(m): 11:10pm On Sep 17, 2018
They are not alone grin
Re: Sam & Steve Nico Williams Biography, Twins Invent Cryptocurrency PPT, Net Worth by bettercreature(m): 11:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
InvertedHammer:
/
How do you sit on £1b and let it slide to £41m without taking something off the table? Not looking at the numbers but their strategy.

Now at £3.40...can they ever forgive themselves if it goes to £0?
/
You should not be making any comment concerning Cryptocurrency if you don’t know anything about it

47 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Dantata/Dangote Story: How To Create A Dynasty Of Billionaires / Forex Trade Alerts - Season 2 / Tomatoes The New Gold In Town: Nairalanders Becomes Tomato Importers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.