Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,276 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

About Female Preachers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / About Female Preachers (421 Views)

True About Many Female Preachers / Two Preachers Exchange Words At UNIPORT Junction Over The Abuse Of God’s Word / The Petition To Ban Funke Adejumo From UK: Nigerian Preachers Rise Against It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About Female Preachers by pressplay411(m): 7:09pm On Sep 17, 2018
About Female Preachers:
I struggled so hard initially in my church with this.
Why?
My pastor and his wife pastored the church along with other pastors, hence she preached on the pulpit.
The scriptures clearly speaks on the conduct of women in church.

Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

This contradicted what was being practised in my church. I felt conflicted. Yet her spiritual impartation and Holy Spirit manifestation in my life and others could not be denied.
I was nearly compelled to confront her about this during the Q&A at a seminar she organised.
Thank God I didn't, it probably would have been wrongly delivered and appeared rude.
I asked around instead but the answers didn't satisfy me. I had to submit to her pastorship all the same in faith because she truly had been instrumental in my spiritual growth.

Eventually I was led to scriptures and our heroes of faith that gave me understanding and assuaged my doubts. Truly Paul's books could be easily misconstrued if intellectually interpreted. Even Peter confirms this. You have to pray for Grace to rightly divide the Truth.

and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:15-16

Now considering women who preach. Here is my unveiling. I pray for more understanding for us all in Jesus name.

Below are some female Heroes of Faith. Their stories detail how they were used by God for His people and his church. They were not silenced.
Deborah
Esther
Dorcas
(Aquila and) Priscilla
Mary Magdalene

Of a truth, an unsaved woman isn't allowed to stand on the pulpit so as not to mislead, ensnare or seduce the church (especially men) like Eve did.
But a saved woman is not standing on the pulpit as a woman, but as her Spirit-Man (Christ in Her).
Remember there is now no Condemnation in Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

God help us all.
Re: About Female Preachers by eventtinz(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2018
The Bible was written and edited by patriarchs ,the verse is sexist and should be taken literally .The book is not perfect and you should not base your knowledge and understanding on it.You wont find female imams either.

pressplay411:
About Female Preachers:
I struggled so hard initially in my church with this.
Why?
My pastor and his wife pastored the church along with other pastors, hence she preached on the pulpit.
The scriptures clearly speaks on the conduct of women in church.

Let your women keep silent in the churches, for they are not permitted to speak; but they are to be submissive, as the law also says. 35 And if they want to learn something, let them ask their own husbands at home; for it is shameful for women to speak in church.
1 Corinthians 14:34-35

This contradicted what was being practised in my church. I felt conflicted. Yet her spiritual impartation and Holy Spirit manifestation in my life and others could not be denied.
I was nearly compelled to confront her about this during a seminar she organised during the Q&A.
Thank God I didn't, it probably would have been wrongly delivered and appeared rude.
I asked around instead but the answers didn't satisfy me. I had to submit to her pastorship all the same in faith because she truly had been instrumental in my spiritual growth.

Eventually I was led to scriptures and our heroes of faith that gave me understanding and assuaged my doubts. Truly Paul's books could be easily misconstrued if intellectually interpreted. Even Peter confirms this. You have to pray for Grace to rightly divide the Truth.

and consider that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation—as also our beloved brother Paul, according to the wisdom given to him, has written to you, 16 as also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things, in which are some things hard to understand, which untaught and unstable people twist to their own destruction, as they do also the rest of the Scriptures.
2 Peter 3:15-16

Now considering women who preach. Here is my unveiling. I pray for more understanding for us all in Jesus name.

Below are some female Heroes of Faith. Their stories detail how they were used by God for His people and his church. They were not silenced.
Deborah
Esther
Dorcas
(Aquila and) Priscilla
Mary Magdalene

Of a truth, an unsaved woman isn't allowed to stand on the pulpit so as not to mislead, ensnare or seduce the church (especially men) like Eve did.
But a saved woman is not standing on the pulpit as a woman, but as her Spirit-Man (Christ in Her).
Remember there is now no Condemnation in Christ.

There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

God help us all.
Re: About Female Preachers by pressplay411(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2018
eventtinz:
The Bible was written and edited by patriarchs ,the verse is sexist and should be taken literally .The book is not perfect and you should not base your knowledge and understanding on it.You wont find female imams either.

As long as you still see the bible as a book written by some people (patriarchs), you are still veiled.
Until you start to see it for what it truly is, the Word of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit through saints.

It is Life's Manual from the Creator (Manufacturer of Life).
I don't know if you ever wished life came with a manual. Voila!
Re: About Female Preachers by eventtinz(m): 8:46pm On Sep 17, 2018
why does it hold so many repulsive views? smiley

pressplay411:

As long as you still see the bible as a book written by some people (patriarchs), you are still veiled.
Until you start to see it for what it truly is, the Word of God as inspired by the Holy Spirit through saints.

It is Life's Manual from the Creator (Manufacturer of Life).
I don't know if you ever wished life came with a manual. Voila!
Re: About Female Preachers by pressplay411(m): 8:52pm On Sep 17, 2018
eventtinz:
why does it hold so many repulsive views? smiley

Because it is veiled.
You will either see it as judgmental.
Or you will see it as True Love.

That's the work of the Holy Spirit.
As an atheist for about 2-3 years until last year that was all I could see in the bible, a judgmental extreme God who placed man on such a pedestal that was impossible, who could never be satisfied. Which was why I eventually lost belief in Him.

But now I see Him very differently. I see a Loving Father, Friend, Wife, etc all in the same God.
It's a subtle contrast but a major gulf.

You just have to believe first, then you will begin to see it. Which is what Faith is.
Re: About Female Preachers by eventtinz(m): 8:59pm On Sep 17, 2018
I'm glad you have a reason to belief(however illogical),the disposition is however innate to our specie.why do you have so much struggle with contradictions.Your ego will not let you see that you constantly wish god to be a him.

pressplay411:

Because it is veiled.
You will either see it as judgmental.
Or you will see it as True Love.

That's the work of the Holy Spirit.
As an atheist last years that was all I could see in the bible, a judgmental extreme God who placed man on such a pedestal that was impossible, who could never be satisfied. Which was why I eventually lost belief in Him.

But now I see Him very differently. I see a Loving Father, Friend, Wife, etc all in the same God.
It's a subtle contrast but a major gulf.

You just have to believe first.
Re: About Female Preachers by pressplay411(m): 9:55pm On Sep 17, 2018
eventtinz:
I'm glad you have a reason to belief(however illogical),the disposition is however innate to our specie.why do you have so much struggle with contradictions.Your ego will not let you see that you constantly wish god to be a him.

Do not focus on the inconsequentials.
The focus is on the salvation gospel, not gender equality.
Re: About Female Preachers by eventtinz(m): 6:28pm On Sep 18, 2018
You are saved brother ...I am thy lord thy god...

pressplay411:

Do not focus on the inconsequentials.
The focus is on the salvation gospel, not gender equality.

(1) (Reply)

T.B. Joshua Rebukes The Rich In Fiery Sermon / Reincarnation And Abortion / Is Juju Real? Ever Witnessed One?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.