Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,804 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal (489 Views)

Doguwa Goes Berserk Again, Assaults Another Party Leader, Threatens Ex-SSG / Tinubu: Why Buhari Deserves A Second Term / Buhari Deserves A Second Term - Billionaire Oil Tycoon, Arthur Eze (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by midolian(m): 8:37pm On Sep 17, 2018
The immediate past Secretary to the Government of the Federation (SGF), Babachir Lawal, has said President Muhammadu Buhari deserves to be re-elected in 2019 following his development strides.

Mr Lawal stated this while speaking with reporters on Monday in Abuja, adding that those opposed to Mr Buhari’s re-election were probably ”blind to his numerous achievements”.

Mr Lawal was fired in October 2017 for diverting funds meant for people displaced by the Boko Haram insurgency.

He had earlier been indicted by the Senate which called for his removal and prosecution, a call initially ignored by Mr Buhari.

On January 24, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), ostensibly on the orders of the president arrested the former official.

He was however subsequently let off and not much has been heard about his since despite calls for his prosecution by Nigerians.

PREMIUM TIMES had earlier published a detailed account of how the Presidential Initiative for the North East (PINE) headed by Mr Lawal became a centre of corruption and rot with companies raking in, through fraudulent procurement process, billions of naira and paying kickbacks to the embattled cabinet secretary, according to bank documents and a report of the Senate Committee on the Mounting Humanitarian Crisis in the North-east.

However, on Monday, Mr Lawal had kind words for his ex-boss.
“I know very well that President Buhari has done very well to be re-elected over and over again, I wonder whether those still in doubt have not seen infrastructure, construction and other things he has been doing.

“I challenge those in doubt to come to Adamawa to see things for themselves,” he said.

He said President Buhari had done so much for the country, adding that before he (Buhari) assumed office, the people of Adamawa were being held captive by Boko Haram sect.

Mr Lawal said the government had rebuilt ”virtually everything that was destroyed by the sect, including schools, police stations, markets and hospitals”.

“Before his coming into office, I could not go to my village, I could not go to my farm or to my local government, but the situation has changed.

“Now, I can drive to my house even at 2 a.m, I can visit the remotest corners of the village with my family. I go to my farm in the forest and come back safely.

“If you have never faced an unsecured situation, you may not appreciate what I am saying,” he said.
He noted that under the Buhari-led government, ”all trunk A roads in Adamawa were now under construction or contracts awarded”.

He said such roads include Yola to Gombe, Numan to Taraba, Yola to Mubi, Mararaba to Bama and many others under construction.

The former SGF, however, said that in spite of the situation that surrounded his leaving office, he had no regret, saying his sack was a “blessing in disguise”.
“Let me shock you, before I came into government, I have been in business, I was a very successful businessman.

“I am a world renowned IT consultant and I have a very large farm, spanning over 1,000 hectares, which I abandoned to join governance.

“I was earning N930, 000 monthly as the SGF, now that I have returned to my farm and reactivated it after my sack, I now have 4,000 hectares under cultivation.

“Last year, I earned close to half a billion naira from my farm proceeds, I have a cattle ranch that I am developing gradually and I am back to IT consultancy, life is now good,” he said.

Mr Lawal, who was speaking to the press for the first time since he left office, added that everybody who saw him now, complimented him, saying he was looking good and healthy.

He, however, said that his sack opened his eyes to a lot of things that were hidden from him, adding that lots of people he helped in the past, ”were actually planning for his downfall”.

Referring to the scripture the former SGF said; “everything that happened to a man is for his own good; my sack I would say, is rather a blessing in disguise.
“Let me tell you, nothing happened to me. Right from the beginning of the saga, I knew that the whole thing was fabricated and that was why I did not give any damn from the beginning.

“The reason some people don’t like me is that I am so confident of myself. Did you hear me defend myself that time, I didn’t do it and I will not do it because I know that they are fabricated,” he said.

He added that he had however forgiven all those who wanted his downfall, saying ”forgiveness is my number one principle because I want to make heaven”.
Mr Lawal debunked insinuations that he nominated Mr Mustapha, the incumbent SGF, saying that “he is, however, my brother and I cannot deny him"

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/284135-why-buhari-deserves-re-election-disgraced-ex-ssg-lawal.html

Lalasticlala
mynd44
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by Firefire(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Cow!

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by gaby(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2018
Yes, we agree he deserves it in your opinion, to have allowed you become an 'Nchi' and then asked you to step aside with full honours and probably still collecting monthly allowances.

For those of you who might not know what Nchi means, it's the cane rat known as grass cutter.

Enjoy my siggy
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by madridguy(m): 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2018
Sai Baba till thy Kingdom come.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by freeze001(f): 8:47pm On Sep 17, 2018
Of course! Why won't he say so when Buhari has feathered his nest beautifully with corruption proceeds then eased him out quietly to continue reaping and chopping?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by fergie001: 8:51pm On Sep 17, 2018
"Who is the Presidency? "
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by slivertongue: 8:53pm On Sep 17, 2018
if GMB cud take naija from a growin economy 2d poverty capital in 3yrs, in 8yrs nigeria wil b a humumanitarian emergency
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by yomi96(m): 8:54pm On Sep 17, 2018
madridguy:
Sai Baba till thy Kingdom come.
it is this fool, that was disgraced out of office?nigeria has gone to the dogs under buhari, if not grasscutter thief would be in jail. Spits. Buhari is a goner,

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by chinjo(m): 9:02pm On Sep 17, 2018

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by baliyubla: 9:04pm On Sep 17, 2018
He deserves reelection as the president of MACBAN or GrassCutters Association, but never again as the President of Nigeria. Afterall, "who is the Presidency" under the LIFELESS.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by Racoon(m): 9:12pm On Sep 17, 2018
And indicted but unprosecuted criminal of Lawal Babachir status talking about why Buhari deserves re-election. My God!
Buhari and the APC have really bastardized this nation and insulted our collective sensibility as Nigerians.This country must be redeemed by God.
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by Nbote(m): 9:13pm On Sep 17, 2018
Why won't he deserve re-election when there are still much more grasses to cut in IDP camps
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by CoolFreeday(m): 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2018
I stand With PMB. my vote is For PMB by God's grace
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by OfficialAPCNig: 10:07pm On Sep 17, 2018
CoolFreeday:
I stand With PMB. my vote is For PMB by God's grace
Terrorists, enemies of state and zombies
Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by Dannyset(m): 10:56pm On Sep 17, 2018
This corrupt old hag thief should shut it already. We love the President, but just shut up. In a same climes, you should be in a prison right now.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Deserves Re-election — Ex-ssg Babachir Lawal by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 17, 2018
He had earlier been indicted by the Senate which called for his removal and prosecution, a call initially ignored by Mr Buhari.

On January 24, the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, (EFCC), ostensibly on the orders of the president arrested the former official.

He was however subsequently let off and not much has been heard about his since despite calls for his prosecution by Nigerians.

What else do you expect to hear from the rogue?

(1) (Reply)

PDP Will Win Osun State Governorship Election- Atiku. / New Dates For Pdp Primaries / OPEN LETTER TO Rt. Hon Chibuike Rotimi Amaechi By Magnus Abe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.