Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,754 members, 7,955,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:26 PM

I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue (658 Views)

BVN: Banks That May Suffer From Deposit Loss / More Bank Accounts To Be Shut As CBN Issues Strict BVN Rules / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by khingTony(m): 10:11pm On Sep 17, 2018
nairalanders please a little help will do
I opened a bank account with Zenith Bank, And also enrolled for my BVN there, but there was a Mistake in the name I Used, I used my surname and first name for my BVN and my surname, first name and "other name" for my bank account
so I wanted to link the bank account with my BVN, then i was told I couldn't, because of the name differences, so i opted to having a "correction of name" then I was instructed to go get an affidavit from a Court, a newspaper publication, An ID card containing the names I want to change to, then write a Letter, I can get the rest, but the newspaper stuff seem stressful to me.
So, I Want to ask, Since I've gotten my BVN, Can I go to another bank to open an account using the BVN and the details (name) on it, and forget about Zenith Bank?
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by Thebwoy: 10:32pm On Sep 17, 2018
My dear u can use only affidavit
I have faced same problem

Don't go there the form professor
Wetim fit bank people na to behave like tout and insist on what u are saying

If not, they will even tell u to bring local government identification and letter from ur community ruler.

The court affidavit is enough
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by khingTony(m): 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2018
Thebwoy:
My dear u can use only affidavit
I have faced same problem

Don't go there the form professor
Wetim fit bank people na to behave like tout and insist on what u are saying

If not, they will even tell u to bring local government identification and letter from ur community ruler.

The court affidavit is enough
Thanks, I'll see what I can do
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by fabraham(m): 6:43am On Sep 18, 2018
khingTony:
nairalanders please a little help will do
I opened a bank account with Zenith Bank, And also enrolled for my BVN there, but there was a Mistake in the name I Used, I used my surname and first name for my BVN and my surname, first name and "other name" for my bank account
so I wanted to link the bank account with my BVN, then i was told I couldn't, because of the name differences, so i opted to having a "correction of name" then I was instructed to go get an affidavit from a Court, a newspaper publication, An ID card containing the names I want to change to, then write a Letter, I can get the rest, but the newspaper stuff seem stressful to me.
So, I Want to ask, Since I've gotten my BVN, Can I go to another bank to open an account using the BVN and the details (name) on it, and forget about Zenith Bank?
How is the newspaper stressful? Or you meant the financial implications.
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by khingTony(m): 8:02am On Sep 18, 2018
fabraham:

How is the newspaper stressful? Or you meant the financial implications.
I don't Even know how to go about it
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by fabraham(m): 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2018
khingTony:
I don't Even know how to go about it
If you have done you affidavit PM me
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by khingTony(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2018
fabraham:
okay
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by khingTony(m): 11:00am On Sep 25, 2018
fabraham:
I've gotten the Affidavit
Re: I Need Advice Concerning A BVN/BANK Issue by fabraham(m): 11:46am On Sep 25, 2018
khingTony:
I've gotten the Affidavit
check your mail

(1) (Reply)

How Lucrative Is The Transportation Sector?? / Make N350 Daily Reading News Online / Taxify Issues Statement About Reported Robbery Incident Involving Its Employee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.