Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,605 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara (428 Views)

Nasarawa Dep-Gov's Official Driver, Daniel Ogoshi, Kidnapped in Lafia / 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by sellamarket(m): 4:49am On Sep 18, 2018
Silas Agara, Nasarawa State Deputy Governor, has declared that will pay a monthly allowance to Local Government and Ward officials of the All Progressives Congress, APC if elected.

His promise, however, is expected to draw criticisms from his opponents ahead of the election.

Agara made the pledge on Monday in Nasarawa-Eggon, when he met with party delegates and supporters in the area.

He said that the gesture would improve the living standards of the party officials who were “usually forgotten after elections are won”.

“I am confident that the party officials will be more committed to contributing ideas toward good governance if elected officials make their welfare a priority,” he said.

He also promised to empower the party officials to enable them to engage in meaningful ventures that would sustain them.

“The monthly allowance will motivate the officials to be active. There are times that they fail to attend meetings because of transport fare. Elected officials must look into these complaints critically,” he said.

Agara, however, explained that the allowances would be funded from his personal income, “and not from government coffers”.

On the APC governorship primaries, Agara advised the delegates to take wise decisions devoid of sentiments and financial inducement.

“You must be wary of politicians who only show up when election is near and offer money to buy votes. Once they can buy your votes, they will abandon you when in power.

“Vote for aspirants that will be with you in good and bad times. Do not be carried away by what you may be offered because, after the election, you will be forgotten because you have been paid off,” he said.

Source: https://readandgetpaid.com/2019-i-will-pay-apc-leaders-monthly-if-elected-nasarawa-dep-gov-agara/

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by Frankiss44(m): 5:54am On Sep 18, 2018
This one nor just get brain at all....

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by overall90: 6:02am On Sep 18, 2018
He is copying Buhari.
other citizens of the state who are not in APC can go to hell.

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by agriboom: 6:03am On Sep 18, 2018
Time to put this one in jail for kwaraftion!

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by Olanireti(m): 6:04am On Sep 18, 2018
Why don't you start paying them now? That's what you want to use our money for

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by faaz24: 6:05am On Sep 18, 2018
And this is an adult...

Baffling undecided

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by Nobody: 6:06am On Sep 18, 2018
Wasted specie

2 Likes

Re: 2019: I Will Pay APC Leaders Monthly If Elected – Nasarawa Dep Gov, Agara by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 18, 2018
To imagine someone who utters such a statement is a deputy governor tells you how much in ruins the state is in.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

IG User Accuses Reno Of Stealing While In Power — Reno Omokri Goes Spiritual / Osun Election: Two Arrested For Alleged Vote-buying. Photos / INEC Staff Confesses 'my Boss Ordered Me To Destroy Results Of Ayedaade LG'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.