Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,241 members, 7,811,677 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:02 PM

2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke (24423 Views)

2019: "I Won't Fight Selective Corruption" - Saraki Promises Nigerians / 2019: I Don’t Care Which Party Returns Me To Senate – Akpabio / 2019: I Am Not Campaigning For PMB, Dankwambo Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by fabinfos(f): 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2018
Former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke has said he won’t criminalize gay Nigerians is President.

He made this known in a recent interview with Falz and Laila on the viral show ‘On The Couch’ saying;

‘I think we are an under-performing and under-achieving nation and the basis of our problem is poor leadership’.

On the issue of the highly contentious special anti robbery squad (SARS) and if he would scrap the agency, the presidential aspirant said categorially, “Of course I would. Because I do not subscribe to the force where people carry arms and they’re not in uniform.”

Donald Duke went on to bring up the issue of LGBT rights in Nigeria saying

“I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”
“Can you have a gay person in your cabinet?” Laila asked. “His sexuality is private to him,” the former governor answered. I don’t want to know if he’s gay. It’s not my business. My business is if he can perform the assignment that he’s been assigned.”

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/2019-i-wont-criminalize-gay-nigerians-donald-duke/

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by SexyCrixus25(m): 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2018
Gherarahia shit mhen

102 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Nobody: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2018
Useless talk. Is gay now an election issue in Nigeria?

230 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Swegzfreak: 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2018
Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by zinachidi(m): 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2018
good, maybe i will vote for you.

43 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Waakanda: 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
You've just lost my precious vote angry ... Let me now go and shop for another candidate jare cool

270 Likes 18 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by sweetyme001(f): 1:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
He won't even win primary election in sug election with this rubbish talk.

206 Likes 8 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Nobody: 1:20pm On Aug 27, 2018
Out of touch with Naija politics

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by bedspread: 1:22pm On Aug 27, 2018
Oga Duke.... Nigeria as a Country stands for zero Tolerance to LGBT...

We are not for it as a Country in anyway, anyform, any disguise...

Your Aspiration is DOA

163 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Willexmania(m): 2:00pm On Aug 27, 2018
sad
Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Daviddson(m): 2:03pm On Aug 27, 2018
Lol. This man thinks by this statement he's won the heart of the US, strengthening the idiootic belief that whoever the US supports in any country's presidential elections wins. Nothing could be more hilarious than this.
And that's not to even mention the fact that the US under Trump is currently anti-LGTB.

Morality should never be excused from the business of governance and legislation. Countries like the US, UK and much of Europe who think they could successfully do that without consequences, are now being confronted with the inevitable. One of such is the proliferation of war-field guns in the hands of the bulk of the citizenry and the daily shootings that happen as a result - in schools, night clubs, malls, etc.
tsephanyah:
you just been blacklisted by the CIA. Bye bye to western countries VISA
Another gullible African who equates the US to heaven. Banned from the US for making a social media comment in the support of my country, and so? Such gullibility. grin

115 Likes 12 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Racoon(m): 2:06pm On Aug 27, 2018
What rubbish! angry angry angry So of all the recurrent issue bogging our national development,gay issue is the one you find time to talk about When one thinks people like Donald Duke is one of the far more younger considerable president candidates.

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Banks2574: 2:32pm On Aug 27, 2018
SexyCrixus25:
Gherarahia shit mhen
poo guy i tell u, he just flashed

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by lizzybet(f): 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
really, while many Nigerians hail GEJ for criminalizing the act.
Do you think we have more gay than straight people in Nigeria Mr Duke

12 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by KayceeBanks: 2:34pm On Aug 27, 2018
Wetin concern gay matter concern Nigerian politics?

28 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:35pm On Aug 27, 2018
Same way Nigerians will never elect you President. You can only be President of Gays in Nigeria

73 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by statusquoante: 2:37pm On Aug 27, 2018
Because you are gay. We all know.
It's over for you.

19 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by OlaAshawo: 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
you don fail yakata be that

19 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Nobody: 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
upon problem facing this country, economically, socially, and spiritually, na gay matter is the priority of the so called mr president to be? We are beginning to see what will be their topmost agenda when given them power.
Out of the abundance of the heart, the mouth speaketh...HOLY BIBLE

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by gaby(m): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Like it isn't obvious to the discerning why you wouldn't. I'm not homophobic but your statement clearly shows how far detached you have become from the mainstream Nigeria/Nigerians to what their immediate problems truly are.

How would you know what Nigerians are on about when your daughter's recent wedding was even outsourced to the Swiss.

I wonder what the LGBT population in Nigeria is that you are trying to appease to, even if that was a pressing issue.

A politician like you should have known what topics to not even broach but as a DL you sure couldn't.

You just shot yourself on the foot to your over religious Nigerians.

This continent as in most other things is yet to develop to the extent where sexuality or abortions becomes election issues. QED

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Jaynom(m): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
This guy just lost the election before even contesting though we know that some male politicians are into young boys. Hypocrisy! I know right? This is something a public office holder shouldn't say in public! He just nailed himself

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by ekems2017(f): 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Then you can't be our president Don D

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by MrImole: 3:15pm On Aug 27, 2018
Is this brilliant?

3 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by OlaAshawo: 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
i don't know why I always see this man as a pretender cheesy

Thunder scatter Buhari Insha'Allah amin

11 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by don4real18(m): 3:16pm On Aug 27, 2018
I don't castigate gays but you just lost my vote...

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by SEONaijaExpert: 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
That's why you won't be President

18 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Houseofglam7(f): 3:17pm On Aug 27, 2018
Wrong move dude
Wrong move
You should've implemented that after you've been elected president undecided

5 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by wiseword316(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
fabinfos:
Former Cross River State governor, Donald Duke has said he won’t criminalize gay Nigerians is President.

He made this known in a recent interview with Falz and Laila on the viral show ‘On The Couch’ saying;

‘I think we are an under-performing and under-achieving nation and the basis of our problem is poor leadership’.

On the issue of the highly contentious special anti robbery squad (SARS) and if he would scrap the agency, the presidential aspirant said categorially, “Of course I would. Because I do not subscribe to the force where people carry arms and they’re not in uniform.”

Donald Duke went on to bring up the issue of LGBT rights in Nigeria saying

“I don’t understand the emotional feelings a gay person would have toward someone of their sexuality. I don’t understand it. But I would not criminalise them. I would ensure that they have the protection of the law. But if they want to exhibit their sexuality, then that’s an affront on the current norms of society.”
“Can you have a gay person in your cabinet?” Laila asked. “His sexuality is private to him,” the former governor answered. I don’t want to know if he’s gay. It’s not my business. My business is if he can perform the assignment that he’s been assigned.”

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/2019-i-wont-criminalize-gay-nigerians-donald-duke/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44
He looks like a guy.

4 Likes

Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by SarakiBukola: 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
dd
Re: 2019: I Won't Criminalize Gay Nigerians - Donald Duke by Dididrumz(m): 3:18pm On Aug 27, 2018
what nonsense talk just to win election?... God help this country ohhh.... well truth is that finally finally someone will still win the election and Nigeria will still be Nigeria... God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

6 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Inuwa Yahaya: We Won't Make Mistake Like Niger Delta People / More Pictures From Labor Party Presidential Rally In Kano State / Buhari Meets With Narendra Modi, India's Prime Minister (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.