Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:21 PM

How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption (38381 Views)

Lady Denied Her NYSC Certificate For Schooling In Benin Republic / Physical-challenge Small Sized Corper Shows His NYSC Certificate (photos) / You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by kaze4sure(m): 10:50am On Sep 18, 2018
What of the Part-time student?
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Nobody: 10:51am On Sep 18, 2018
Some over 30 are serving though

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by olasam17(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2018
No better time than now to address this issue of NYSC that as clearly lost its purpose.

Nigerians in Diaspora should especially raise an #HASHTAG to this effect.

Why should a person aged almost 30 after his many struggles still be forced to waste more valuable time attending to the scheme?...

NYSC scheme allowance should be made juicy/attractive (Min N65,000/month) and optional from anyone age 25 above.[i][/i]

2 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 10:54am On Sep 18, 2018
ezef2k4:

So you will waste four years of your life (23 to 27) just because you don't want to go for NYSC?
its enough time for personal development, exploration and to build my business...would be expanding my consulting services by end of this month
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by technicallyrich(m): 10:55am On Sep 18, 2018
While i was serving in ibadan,i saw a guy who was clearly over 40 but serving. When i asked him he said he swear an affidavit and reduced his age. The question is, Is it still legal considering the fact he swear an affidavit. Can they ever found. Thnks
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by technicallyrich(m): 10:56am On Sep 18, 2018
While i was serving in ibadan,i saw a guy who was clearly over 40 but serving. When i asked him he said he swear an affidavit and reduced his age. The question is, Is it still legal considering the fact he swear an affidavit. Can they ever found. Thnks
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by holluphemydavid(m): 10:57am On Sep 18, 2018
To avoid d story Dat touch like aunty Kemi

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Evangkatsoulis: 11:02am On Sep 18, 2018
ezef2k4:

So you will waste four years of your life (23 to 27) just because you don't want to go for NYSC?
I thought hnd holders do nysc?
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by SmartyPants(m): 11:03am On Sep 18, 2018
emmyw:
How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption | The National Youth Service Corps is a compulsory program for Nigerian graduates. Nevertheless, it is not for all of them because some graduates are not eligible for the one year program.

The NYSC has as established a clear guideline for application and collection of exemption letter for candidates that are not qualified to serve, but many think the process is tedious.

Here is a step by step of how you can apply for the NYSC letter if you are not qualified for the program as seen on the NYSC website.

How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption
First, if you happen to fall under these categories of people, you are not qualified to for the NYSC service year.

1.You're over the age of thirty (30) years

2. You have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

3. You are a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization

The State Security Service

The National Intelligence Agency

The Defence Intelligence Service

He has been conferred with any National Honour.

Procedure for Collection of exemption letter.

For Home trained graduates:
The process begins with the Corps Producing Institutions.

The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.

A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.

With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.

Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.

For foreign-trained graduates
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.

After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.

Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.

Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.

Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.

Source: https://www.ngschoolz.net/how-to-get-nysc-certificate-of-exemption/

Please where did ngschoolz.net get this info? Can't find some of it on the NYSC website and it needs to be verified.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by ashpee(m): 11:04am On Sep 18, 2018
"Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT"

Madam Kemi was handed an Oluwale at NYSC Secretariat?

Trusted allies Una wicked!

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by In2systemsTech(m): 11:06am On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
[s]This is why I say Kemi Adeosun deserves a national honour for resigning despite not being at fault over the Nysc certificate brouhaha. In fact, I am sure if she were a politician she won't resign and will challenge her accusers to "go to court" (certified crooks like Saraki have been doing that and getting away with it, thanks to corrupt SANs and rotten judges). Kemi Adeosun did not forge the cert and did not know it was forged - no criminal intent to warrant prosecution. Her only mistake, if at all, was that she assumed that the fellows she trusted to process the exemption cert would do the right thing. Having been born and raised in Uk she "no know say naija na naija" . I know those shouting forgery are doing so on grounds of ethnic bias (e.g Ipob brats) or to gain political capital (e.g pdp hypocrites). She was and is still entitled to the Nysc exemption cert as of right[/s].

trash.... its obvious getting the exemption is not a hard process... kemi doesnt have a British certificate... kemi has nothing to present to NYSC for evaluation... Kemi would have been found out if she presented fake British degree to NYSC for evaluation

2 Likes

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by David8282: 11:08am On Sep 18, 2018
Op thanks for this, but d letter is now issued online, no need for physical presence anymore

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by kolaish(m): 11:11am On Sep 18, 2018
mu2sa2:
This is why I say Kemi Adeosun deserves a national honour for resigning despite not being at fault over the Nysc certificate brouhaha. In fact, I am sure if she were a politician she won't resign and will challenge her accusers to "go to court" (certified crooks like Saraki have been doing that and getting away with it, thanks to corrupt SANs and rotten judges). Kemi Adeosun did not forge the cert and did not know it was forged - no criminal intent to warrant prosecution. Her only mistake, if at all, was that she assumed that the fellows she trusted to process the exemption cert would do the right thing. Having been born and raised in Uk she "no know say naija na naija" . I know those shouting forgery are doing so on grounds of ethnic bias (e.g Ipob brats) or to gain political capital (e.g pdp hypocrites). She was and is still entitled to the Nysc exemption cert as of right.
With due respect, you are one of the reason why this country remains the way it is. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A CRIME. If she can go through a standardized system abroad to obtain her degree, what stops her from doing so in Nigeria. You obey the law in another man's land and disobey your father's law; only a bastard would do that.

It is only a pity that you are giving a lame excuse for her, this simply means you buy into the school of thought of those bypassing a regulated system which has kept the country backward.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by enigmang: 11:18am On Sep 18, 2018
[quote author=emmyw post=71297058]How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption | The National Youth Service Corps is a compulsory program for Nigerian graduates. Nevertheless, it is not for all of them because some graduates are not eligible for the one year program.

The NYSC has as established a clear guideline for application and collection of exemption letter for candidates that are not qualified to serve, but many think the process is tedious.

Here is a step by step of how you can apply for the NYSC letter if you are not qualified for the program as seen on the NYSC website.

How to Get NYSC Certificate of Exemption
First, if you happen to fall under these categories of people, you are not qualified to for the NYSC service year.

1.You're over the age of thirty (30) years AT THE DATE OF YOUR GRADUATION

2. You have served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or

3. You are a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization

The State Security Service

The National Intelligence Agency

The Defence Intelligence Service

He has been conferred with any National Honour.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by fergie001: 11:20am On Sep 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
If someone graduate at age of 28 and decided to serve in three years time by then he will be 31, is he still eligible to serve.
Yes...
What matters is when you graduated......
You can graduate at 20....and still serve at 50....
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by enigmang: 11:20am On Sep 18, 2018
In2systemsTech:

trash.... its obvious getting the exemption is not a hard process... kemi doesnt have a British certificate... kemi has nothing to present to NYSC for evaluation... Kemi would have been found out if she presented fake British degree to NYSC for evaluation

She isn't qualified for an exemption... No.1 rule is you have to be over 30 at the age of graduation.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by kolaaderin: 11:21am On Sep 18, 2018
SIR0:
They aren't over 30 in the info/docs presented

This is Naija!

You can do NYSC if over 30 years at graduation, but with privilege of skipping it for an exemption. Do not misinform people please

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by enigmang: 11:22am On Sep 18, 2018
SmartyPants:

Please where did ngschoolz.net get this info? Can't find some of it on the NYSC website and it needs to be verified.

here you go ..
http://www.nysc.gov.ng/downloads/nysc-decree.php

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by In2systemsTech(m): 11:27am On Sep 18, 2018
enigmang:

She isn't qualified for an exemption... No.1 rule is you have to be over 30 at the age of graduation.

so she has a fake document that is not meant for her... jeez how did she skipped the easgle eyes of the dss
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by fergie001: 11:29am On Sep 18, 2018
SmartyPants:

It's in the nysc act

https://nysc.gov.ng/downloads/nysc-decree.php
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by Saintp(m): 11:30am On Sep 18, 2018
kolaish:
With due respect, you are one of the reason why this country remains the way it is. IGNORANCE IS NO EXCUSE FOR A CRIME. If she can go through a standardized system abroad to obtain her degree, what stops her from doing so in Nigeria. You obey the law in another man's land and disobey your father's law; only a bastard would do that.

It is only a pity that you are giving a lame excuse for her, this simply means you buy into the school of thought of those bypassing a regulated system which has kept the country backward.

Make no mistake, he is giving these excuses because the person involved is his favorite thief. Change the name Kemi Adeosun to another thief like Saraki, FFK, melaye etc, then his position on this same issue will change automatically and he will be the one calling for their prosecution.

See the greatest problem we have in this country is hypocrisy and not corruption because it is hypocrisy that makes anti corruption fight to be useless.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by airsaylongcon: 11:32am On Sep 18, 2018
anochuko01:
i'm not engaging in this SCAM, at least for now. Whats the plight of those who have done it? They're still roaming the streets of lagos searching for 50k jobs.
I'll rather spend that one year to go learn a skill and focus on building a business. To hell with the govt and their nysc labour subsidising scheme...

i had my hnd at 23. my plan is to wait till im 27, get a DE into UNI, run it till im 31 and then get an excemption!

Trust me you'd run into a lot of trouble with this plan. By reason of your completing your HND at 23, your are already bound to serve. So even if you finish your Bachelor degree at 50 you will still have to serve. There will be no exemption for u

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by airsaylongcon: 11:36am On Sep 18, 2018
Godswillnwaoma:
If someone graduate at age of 28 and decided to serve in three years time by then he will be 31, is he still eligible to serve.

Yep. The law says as long as u graduate under 30, any time u present ur self for national service whether at that 28 or at 100 u must serve
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by anochuko01(m): 11:37am On Sep 18, 2018
airsaylongcon:

Trust me you'd run into a lot of trouble with this plan. By reason of your completing your HND at 23, your are already bound to serve. So even if you finish your Bachelor degree at 50 you will still have to serve. There will be no exemption for u
they can go EAT their scheme then. i excempt myself by myself

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by TreasureJunky: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2018
Please how do I post on nairaland?, someone should enlighten me, please
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by allytinted: 11:51am On Sep 18, 2018
belovedaja:
I see a lot of over 30 years in NYSC how come. I was told you can do it even if you are over 30 years. I want nysc but am over 30
Your age of graduation is all that matters. Once you graduate BEFORE 30 years of age, you are automatically eligible for nysc.

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by allytinted: 11:54am On Sep 18, 2018
SIR0:
They aren't over 30 in the info/docs presented
This is Naija!
Nope. They were not above 30 years of age when they GRADUATED.

1 Like

Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by skfa1: 11:55am On Sep 18, 2018
I came home at the age of 28 to serve, I was still under 30, even tho I graduated at the age of 23. Glad I came. I hope to come back one day to work.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by lashout1: 12:11pm On Sep 18, 2018
Please forward this to Kemi, she needs it.
Re: How To Get NYSC Certificate Of Exemption by enigmang: 12:21pm On Sep 18, 2018
In2systemsTech:

so she has a fake document that is not meant for her... jeez how did she skipped the eagle eyes of the dss

Yeaa... that is another sad angle: it seems the DSS doesn’t check the authenticity of certificates presented directly with the issuing authority except there is reason for doubt. Problem here is she could have presented fake certificates and still been cleared.

Another angle is that your are required to apply and pick up the certificate BY YOURSELF with a form of Identification..so by sending a "trusted someone" you have already goofed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Corpers Distribute Relief Materials In Oproama, Rivers state (Photos) / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year / 5 Things To Do After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.