Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,631 members, 7,827,348 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:52 AM

Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court (2927 Views)

How Can I Stop My Uncles From Selling My Father's Property(land)? / Mother Or First Son, Who Is Entitled To The Late Father's Property / Tope Mark-Odigie: Your Husband Has Right To Do Whatever He Wants With Your Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by meolaniyi(m): 9:42am On Sep 19, 2018
Very good development. So if l mary Igbo lady now, my wife will get part of their land in the her village.
Time to acquire property in lgbo land
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by Bitterleafsoup: 9:52am On Sep 19, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Yes o. Plenty progress o. We are landladies aka “my fellow widows”!
No man can try shyte in Edo land or we “winch” you to death!

Please, tell Bianca Ojukwu to stop hiding in Spain.
She had property to collect in Nnewi. tongue

We don’t play dat!
Go check o.
Na woman get house for Edo land. wink

Try ya luck! wink
Is Bianca's late father from Nnewi? Besides Ojukwu was not the first son not even 2nd. Kenechukwu transport daughters all got inheritance that is what I know personally. FYI Bianca's inheritance was denied in her rich Fathers will because of marrying Ikemba.
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by KanwuliaExtra: 10:04am On Sep 19, 2018
Bitterleafsoup:
Is Bianca's late father from Nnewi? Besides Ojukwu was not the first son not even 2nd. Kenechukwu transport daughters all got inheritance that is what I know personally. FYI Bianca's inheritance was denied in her rich Fathers will because of marrying Ikemba.

Wherever the heck they are from.
The dragging of Ojukwu’s will still continues.

Whether inheritance from father or husband. . . .

Women’s rights records regarding landed property inheritance stinks in Igboland.

1 Like

Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by KanwuliaExtra: 10:07am On Sep 19, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Well, our men ain't lazy and laid back.
Our women are enterprising as well and own lands and houses.
We are only talking of inheriting father's properties, an issue we are looking forward to ending.
Tell your Edo women to stop hiding in Italy, don't worry about Bianca, she has properties in Anambra and Enugu as well. She will soon contest in her husband's senatorial zone

Off topic. We can discuss lazy men, international drug-peddling and prostitution later. Let us face the matter at hand.

. . . An issue you are looking into you stated?

Good! Please, continue. kiss

1 Like

Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Off topic. We can discuss lazy men, international drug-peddling and prostitution later. Let us fave the matter at hand.

. . . An issue you are looking into you stated?

Good! Please, continue. kiss
Hands down Igbo men and women beat Edo ones.
Igbo women can never be known for prostitution like Edo women, those ones do both local and international
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by revolt(m): 3:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Collyno82:
I don't know the sidew of Igbo u came from,,, but where I was born, women has no fair share in their fathers household consequent upon the fact that they want their daughters to marry and never return back to their father's hamlet. She is not entitled to land, housing and other form of properties. Reason being that one day she will leave her fathers house to set up a nuclear family were her husband's properties automatically becomes her own and her children's inheritance. However, although is not written, is an age long custom which tradition bequeathed to the kwa language family of the Eboes. Be that as it may, some fathers out of love dedicates a portion of their wealth to their daughters to have something to fall back on in case their journey of marriage into another family unit is not rosy as such they will not suffer, having in mind that her children is an appendage of where she is coming from, known as "Nwanwa'' in our local parlance.
some fathers give a part of their wealth to their daughters, what if shes an only child ..would he give his wealth to his brothers and leave her empty handed? I like how u agreed some families leave their daughters various levels of inheritance, is it thos safe to say this is an unwritten rule practiced in igbo land. Or suddenly that way of life isnt part of our culture too. Like I said earlier these unwritten rules vary from family to family. I'm pretty sure if there a dispute concerning inheritance brought infront of any sane eze, he wouldn't rule that the daughter isnt entitled to any inheritance.
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by Collyno82(m): 3:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
revolt:
some fathers give a part of their wealth to their daughters, what if shes an only child ..would he give his wealth to his brothers and leave her empty handed? I like how u agreed some families leave their daughters various levels of inheritance, is it thos safe to say this is an unwritten rule practiced in igbo land. Or suddenly that way of life isnt part of our culture too. Like I said earlier these unwritten rules vary from family to family. I'm pretty sure if there a dispute concerning inheritance brought infront of any sane eze, he wouldn't rule that the daughter isnt entitled to any inheritance.
if the daughter is the only child, the wife of the deceased man is the owner of the wealth the man gathered over this years. However, if it is a handed property in the village owned by the family, if they want to share such land, the daughter won't be included. It is necessary at this juncture to say that communal land is exclusively reserve for male children only in the part of Igbo land I came from.
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by revolt(m): 12:36am On Sep 20, 2018
Collyno82:
if the daughter is the only child, the wife of the deceased man is the owner of the wealth the man gathered over this years. However, if it is a handed property in the village owned by the family, if they want to share such land, the daughter won't be included. It is necessary at this juncture to say that communal land is exclusively reserve for male children only in the part of Igbo land I came from.
ofcos communal inheritance belongs to the community. Would a foreigner just cos he's married from there suddenly start sharing the legacies with the sons of the soils? It's common sense. Either she chooses not to marry or forfeit it...
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by KanwuliaExtra: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Hands down Igbo men and women beat Edo ones.
Igbo women can never be known for prostitution like Edo women, those ones do both local and international

Like I stated earlier. . . .the topic at hand. kiss
Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 2:45pm On Sep 20, 2018
KanwuliaExtra:

Like I stated earlier. . . .the topic at hand. kiss

Edoland is far better than than Igboland.
And Igbo women far more progressive than Edo women

1 Like

Re: Female Child Has Right To Inherit Father’s Property In Igboland – Supreme Court by KanwuliaExtra: 4:26pm On Sep 20, 2018
InyinyaAgbaOku:

Edoland is far better than than Igboland.
And Igbo women far more progressive than Edo women

Ok. You are soooooo right.
Any other problem to settle? grin

* h-enjoying my 1 week off. . . . back to my cozy bed with lots of snacks and netflix *

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do I Make My Fiancee To Like My Sister. / She Is Pregnant Again What Do I Do / Help! I Have 1,000,000 Naira,i Dont Know Which Lucrative Business To Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.