Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,112 members, 7,814,904 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:46 PM

Is Linkedin For Real? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Is Linkedin For Real? (1186 Views)

Job Vacancy For Dispatch Bike Rider With B.sc In LinkedIn Got Nigerians Talking / Is Linkedin Mobile Down? / Linkedin Is Really Adding Nothing To My Career. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Linkedin For Real? by Firstorderwizard(m): 12:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
I'm beginning to believe linked in is for already made professionals not for fresh graduates and jobsseekers.
I have been using that platform since my university days yet I keep making more friends/connections from Facebook, bbm and even dating sites but cannot boast of one strong connection from linkedin despite my posh profile details.
Who else have experienced such?

3 Likes

Re: Is Linkedin For Real? by adaomaoluchi(f): 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2018
I just joined But I believe God for a miracle. Try and connect with Recruiters.
Re: Is Linkedin For Real? by AJVC(f): 1:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
It's for real, just connect with HR of companies, they post job vacancies everyday.

I wish you good luck in your job hunt.
Re: Is Linkedin For Real? by Sylver247: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2018
People do not know the purpose of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is not a job platform, it is a platform where professionals connect and share ideas, discuss career and business issues and generally learn from each other.

If your goal is to secure a job via LinkedIn, then you must have your own strategy for achieving that goal. You don't just fold your hands and wait for recruiters to come offer you a job. You have to deliberately let them know that you are there.

And that is by sharing content REGULARLY. If you don't post on LinkedIn, then you're not on LinkedIn.

5 Likes

Re: Is Linkedin For Real? by wonlasewonimi: 3:26pm On Sep 18, 2018
It's not a jobsite. Realistically, it's meant to show off your top notch work experience so that recruiters can chase you.
Re: Is Linkedin For Real? by zubinike(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2018
Sylver247:
People do not know the purpose of LinkedIn. LinkedIn is not a job platform, it is a platform where professionals connect and share ideas, discuss career and business issues and generally learn from each other.

If your goal is to secure a job via LinkedIn, then you must have your own strategy for achieving that goal. You don't just fold your hands and wait for recruiters to come offer you a job. You have to deliberately let them know that you are there.

And that is by sharing content REGULARLY. If you don't post on LinkedIn, then you're not on LinkedIn.

a counter trend, don't mislead. One can actually get a job via Linkedin. Am a testimony to it. Most companies publicise their vacancies there too, other HR's and like mind professionals do throw adverts of job vacancies on its platform...Although not many Nigerians subscribe to its premium program so their chances are limited

(1) (Reply)

Latest Jobs (10 Positions): Apply Now / Access Bank Entry Level Trainee Program Aptitude Test / Vacancy!!!!!! Vacancy!!!!! Vacancy!!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.