Stats: 3,152,828 members, 7,817,421 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:56 AM

PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer (25131 Views)

Highest Paid Paramilitary Personnel In Nigeria? / 26-year-old Nigerian Highest Paid Robotics Engineer In The World / PHOTOS: Nigerian Man Turn Expired Tyres Into Beautiful Furniture (2) (3) (4)

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Nobody: 8:33am On Sep 19, 2018
Nigeria socio-culture should appreciate technology and innovation.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Pabloosas(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2018
AleAirHub:
Such news needed to be cycle over & over again so as to serve as a motivation to others. kiss
True that. But motivation without enabling environment =? You know the rest sir.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by oluwasegun007(m): 8:34am On Sep 19, 2018
YORUBA AMAKA.....lol

Don't mind me, am just being naughty...i don't know what amaka mean sef.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by educators(f): 8:37am On Sep 19, 2018
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by stankezzy: 8:37am On Sep 19, 2018
soon afonjas will come to claim this one , somebody that left nigeria as a small boy and did all his adult life in Britain , and also a British, afonja I weep for una
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Unity19(m): 8:42am On Sep 19, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Yoruba Amaka

Yes it is a great news for Nigeria as a whole. Please let us stop this ethnic competition. We all have our own different strength and weakness.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Youngsage: 8:44am On Sep 19, 2018
Great guy! Met him some time ago in Lagos and I can only say this is only the beginning. #NaijaToTheWorld
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Maket: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2018
Some people are intellectually blessed
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by tribalistseun: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2018
SimplePlan34:
Yoruba Amaka
sharap

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Horus(m): 8:50am On Sep 19, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nFNMlLiQ30

Nigerian Robotics Engineer lands deal with Apple

A 26 year old Nigerian entrepreneur who had his big dream come true after meeting a top Apple executive.A year ago, Silas Adekunle

showcased his colorful robots that first looked like toys to Apple's head of developer relations, Ron Okamoto.

Today,in nearly all Apple stores in the United States and Britain, Apple has priced his four legged ''battle-bots'' called Mekamon at $300.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtY6QD7wPmM

Nigerian, Silas Adekunle is now the highest paid in the field of Robotic Engineering

From a young age, Silas Adekunle knew what he wanted to become and he didn't allow the challenges in his environment to deter him.
The founder of Reach Robotics, a technology software and hardware startup, is now living his dream with the roll out of Mekamon, a multi-functional, connected battlebots with augmented reality capabilities. He spoke to us on why robotics is the future of gaming technology.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by OyinO: 8:54am On Sep 19, 2018
flyca:
Claimers!

What makes him a Nigerian?
Did Nigeria train him in Robotics?
Which Nigerian institute could have brought out the star in him? UNILAG? UNN? OAU? Which? undecided

Can Nigeria employ him? Can Nigeria give him with UK is giving him? The money, the environment, the peace of mind, the inspiration, the electricity, access to the internet, the unlimited data to research his work?

He left the shi-t-hole country as a teenager and that's the reason he had a platform to showcase his excellence. I doff my heart for him and his visionary parents!

Congratulations young man!

Appendage: Someone quoted me now and said, “SARS would have beaten the daylight out of him with that hairstyle” grin cheesy grin
Are you done blabbing. What if i told you that HE IS NIGERIAN? And that's who he is - A NIGERIAN!

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by spartanman007(m): 8:57am On Sep 19, 2018
Only God knows what would have happened here if this guy name was mistakenly written as Emeka, Nnamdi or Chidi.
If this was a story about this guy raping someone or into any illegal deal.
Empty barrels make the most noise, we can't shout and we do not make noise.
Some days ago when there was a news about those beautiful, brilliant girls that made the country proud by winning the award for innovative students, they came out to call them Biafrans and made it look like other Nigerians were dullards.
This is an AFONJA making Nigeria proud.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by foreshore(m): 8:59am On Sep 19, 2018
Newshelm:
26-year-old Nigerian, Silas Adekunle is now the highest paid in the field of Robotic Engineering. Adekunle, credited for building the world’s first gaming robot, achieved this feat after signing a new deal with the world’s reputable software manufacturers, Apple Inc.

The mouthwatering deal is worth Millions of Dollars.

Leadership reports that the robotics engineer was also named as “Someone to Watch in 2018” by the Black Hedge Fund Group. Adekunle is currently the founder and CEO of Reach Robotics, a company developing the world’s first gaming robots.

He also recently graduated with a 1st class degree and has four years’ background in robotics. Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Adekunle studied in Nigeria before relocating to the UK as a teenager.

After completing his secondary school education, he proceeded to the University of the West of England where he graduated with a first class in Robotics. In 2013, he founded Reach Robotics and developed a lot of experience on robotics within a space of four years.

Adekunle was also a team leader of Robotics In Schools programme, a programme which encourages and pays attention to students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The programme encouraged him to develop robotics to make education more entertaining for STEM students.

In 2017, MekaMon, he released the world’s first gaming robot, with the special ability to customise the gaming bot to perform personalised functions.

The initial launch of Mekamon sold 500 bots, generating $7.5 million, according to The Guardian. Following this feat, Adekunle received support from various organisations including London Venture Partners ($10 million) and in the same year, his company, Reach Robotics signed a deal with Apple securing exclusive sales in Apple stores.

Sadly, Adekunle can't help Nigeria as he won't have time for NYSC drama.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nigerian-becomes-worlds-highest-paid-robotics-engineer/

Representing Nigeria well unlike those drug people

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by flyca: 9:06am On Sep 19, 2018
OyinO:

Are you done blabbing. What if i told you that HE IS NIGERIAN? And that's who he is - A NIGERIAN!
Did he ever tell you or the reporter that he is Nigerian? He cannot be that ungrateful. UK made him! At best he will address himself as a British-Nigerian. Heck, he is likely not even proud of that identity. Is he still carrying the Nigerian passport? Many successful people like him will change their names to hide their identity and forge further ahead. The only times they look back is when the face racism which is likely much reduced for him because of his prospects. He is not on the streets again.

I know you hate to hear it but the country is deadbeat tongue
And no, you won't get another response from me!

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Ugosample(m): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2018
rozayx5:
If he was in Nigeria

He would be wasting his life away in one useless bank or firm

Earning peanuts
the sad reality
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by jantavanta(m): 9:18am On Sep 19, 2018
There is nothing to celebrate about his "proving his worth". Africans have been "proving their worth" for hundreds of years in the Western World. Starting with Trans-Atlantic Forced Shipment. What has been happening in the past 50 years is Trans-Atlantic Voluntary Shipment.

Like his predecessors in the field of Sports, Music, Film, Robotics, Material Science, Space, UN, etc. He is working to take care of their White Women. That is the condition for the jobs and opportunities he is getting, even with his talent.

Simply put, they own him and monitor him through the 'Oyinbo' they will attach to him. If he tries to break free,.......
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by otomatic(m): 9:39am On Sep 19, 2018
olujastro:

I disagree. You don't need NYSC to set up a company in Nigeria. Or is being an employer not a help to Nigeria?

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by olujastro: 10:01am On Sep 19, 2018
otomatic:

I disagree. You don't need NYSC to set up a company in Nigeria. Or is being an employer not a help to Nigeria?
I'm aware of that. I said to head a govt Space Agency or Ministry. Space launching is mostly a govt funded initiative
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Kinggnicole(f): 10:01am On Sep 19, 2018
flyca:
Claimers!

Which Nigerian institute could have brought out the star in him? UNILAG? UNN? OAU? Which? undecided

Can Nigeria employ him? Can Nigeria give him with UK is giving him? The money, the environment, the peace of mind, the
inspiration, the electricity, access to the internet, the unlimited data to research his work?

He left the shi-t-hole country as a teenager and that's the reason he had a platform to showcase his excellence. I doff my heart for him and his visionary parents!

Appendage: Someone quoted me now and said, “SARS would have beaten the daylight out of him with that hairstyle” grin cheesy grin
Seriously. All they know is to famz those successful Nigerians who wouldn't have been so great if they remained in this disaster of a country.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Bahddo(m): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2018
Arondizuogu:
But is he in Nigeria? Nigerians have the smartest brains out here, wish govt can capitalize on her people.
wrong.... Brilliance is evenly distributed.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Kinggnicole(f): 10:02am On Sep 19, 2018
otomatic:

So the screwed system can frustrate his efforts.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Kinggnicole(f): 10:04am On Sep 19, 2018
foreshore:

Representing Nigeria well unlike those drug people

Actually he's representing the UK that enabled him, not Nigeria.
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by naijaseeker: 10:16am On Sep 19, 2018
kurlarday:
If he can't help Nigeria, sadly Nigeria obviously can't help him too. Let him just change his name and forget about Nigeria...Nigeria will be great with or without him. There are several other talents over here that would still manifest in this era and they won't say they can't help Nigeria. #GodBlessNigeria

Nigeria looses more. Nigerian irresponsible leaders are not interested in investigating and reviewing policies that will help Nigerians, Nigerians are expected to have unrealistic allegiance to Nigerian while their children feed fat.

Congratulations to the young man, what does Nigeria have to offer? Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, APC, PDP, epileptic power, what can Nigeria really do for him?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by lavenjcrown(m): 10:31am On Sep 19, 2018
Now, my question here is that, could he be this famous and productive if he has actually spend his career here in Nigeria?
Newshelm:
26-year-old Nigerian, Silas Adekunle is now the highest paid in the field of Robotic Engineering. Adekunle, credited for building the world’s first gaming robot, achieved this feat after signing a new deal with the world’s reputable software manufacturers, Apple Inc.

The mouthwatering deal is worth Millions of Dollars.

Leadership reports that the robotics engineer was also named as “Someone to Watch in 2018” by the Black Hedge Fund Group. Adekunle is currently the founder and CEO of Reach Robotics, a company developing the world’s first gaming robots.

He also recently graduated with a 1st class degree and has four years’ background in robotics. Born in Lagos, Nigeria, Adekunle studied in Nigeria before relocating to the UK as a teenager.

After completing his secondary school education, he proceeded to the University of the West of England where he graduated with a first class in Robotics. In 2013, he founded Reach Robotics and developed a lot of experience on robotics within a space of four years.

Adekunle was also a team leader of Robotics In Schools programme, a programme which encourages and pays attention to students in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM). The programme encouraged him to develop robotics to make education more entertaining for STEM students.

In 2017, MekaMon, he released the world’s first gaming robot, with the special ability to customise the gaming bot to perform personalised functions.

The initial launch of Mekamon sold 500 bots, generating $7.5 million, according to The Guardian. Following this feat, Adekunle received support from various organisations including London Venture Partners ($10 million) and in the same year, his company, Reach Robotics signed a deal with Apple securing exclusive sales in Apple stores.

http://www.metronaija.ng/photos-nigerian-becomes-worlds-highest-paid-robotics-engineer/

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Turantula(m): 10:33am On Sep 19, 2018
olujastro:

This should be enough reason (to drive a demand for a review of the nysc act.)
For Nigeria every thing is about politics. All wailers were excitedly celebrating Adeosun's exit forgetting the wider implication for Nigeria, that we're set to lose skilled hands based overseas to an unnecessary one year sex scheme called NYSC.

Imagine Elon Musk was Nigerian but can't be appointed into our Space Development Agency because of NYSC, whereas a governor needs not pass Waec
NEPA certificate nko?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Sirmuel1(m): 10:57am On Sep 19, 2018
flyca:
Claimers!

Can Nigeria employ him? Can Nigeria give him with UK is giving him? The money, the environment, the peace of mind, the inspiration, the electricity, access to the internet, the unlimited data to research his work?

Nigeria is really a shit -hole, but some people don't want to accept it.

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by foreshore(m): 11:09am On Sep 19, 2018
Kinggnicole:

Actually he's representing the UK that enabled him, not Nigeria.

Na UK born am?
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Kaysalas(m): 11:59am On Sep 19, 2018
stevedre:
Congrats. He would have been making toy cars due to limited support and resources if he did not leave Nigeria.
Would he even be able to make toy cars? I mean uf he were in nigeria
God help us

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by IkennaAyiga: 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
sadcry
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Rhaspody(m): 1:15pm On Sep 19, 2018
Mcweber:
Some people from the east won't like the this cos the guy is Afonja...

tribalists like you should etahdick
Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by Mcweber(m): 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
Rhaspody:

tribalists like you should etahdick
Someone can not play with you?

Re: PHOTOS: Nigerian Becomes World's Highest Paid Robotics Engineer by kurlarday: 11:14pm On Sep 19, 2018
The same question I asked myself after discovering the way you used 'looses' instead of 'loses'. Could that have been a typographical error? What has your English Language teacher really done for you?

naijaseeker:

Nigeria looses more. Nigerian irresponsible leaders are not interested in investigating and reviewing policies that will help Nigerians, Nigerians are expected to have unrealistic allegiance to Nigerian while their children feed fat.

Congratulations to the young man, what does Nigeria have to offer? Boko Haram, Fulani herdsmen, APC, PDP, epileptic power, what can Nigeria really do for him?

Ccna And Ccnp Testking And Pass4sure / Meet Ekene Obayi, Herdswoman From Enugu Who Is A Graduate Of UNN (Video) / TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN