Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,743 members, 7,955,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 04:31 PM

EFCC Hates Me - Fayose - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Hates Me - Fayose (428 Views)

Ekiti 2018: Fayose Reacts To Buhari’s Statement On Fayemi’s Victory / Buhari People Will Unleash Terror On Fayose Soon - Dele Momodu / Fayose Thanks APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Hates Me - Fayose by Ekiti360(m): 7:08pm On Sep 18, 2018
The Governor of Ekiti State, Mr. Ayodele Fayose, has said Economic and Financial Crimes Commission of having hates him and insisted that he would not appear before its officials for questioning before October 16.

The outgoing governor whose tenure is set to expire on October 15 had earlier written to the commission that he would be available to answer questions from the operatives of the commission on the said date.

However, the commission in its reply told the governor to make himself available on Thursday, September 20, 2018.

But Fayose, in his reply on Tuesday, cited the danger of violating Section 308 of the 1999 Constitution (as amended) which vested immunity on him as a sitting governor.

Fayose said he was moved to write the commission after reading in the media of its directive to the Nigeria Customs Service and immigration to arrest him on fears that he could run away from the country before the expiration of his tenure.

In the letter addressed to acting Chairman of the EFCC, Mr. Ibrahim Magu, a copy of which was made available to journalists in Abuja on Tuesday, Fayose chided the commission for what he called the “unprovoked personal hatred and malice against my person”.

The governor said in consideration of events in the past few months, the EFCC had “Presumed my guilt even prior to the commencement of an investigation.”

He added, “This raises a serious question about the impartiality, independence or neutrality of the commission in the matter,” adding that he felt “harassed, intimidated and embarrassed by the imputation of crime and the innuendos of criminality underlining your correspondence which has been maliciously circulated widely.”

Source: http://kikiotolu.com/efcc-hates-me-ayodele-fayose/

Lalasticlala, Mynd44

Re: EFCC Hates Me - Fayose by Konisewu: 7:12pm On Sep 18, 2018
Funny Man .

.Ayo fayose .*fear no more* God dey ur back
#konisewu#
Re: EFCC Hates Me - Fayose by hisgrace090: 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2018
They just want you for questioning.
Re: EFCC Hates Me - Fayose by thunder74(m): 8:02pm On Sep 18, 2018
Very obvious even to the blind.
Re: EFCC Hates Me - Fayose by Lajet: 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2018
Ok

(1) (Reply)

Buhari Overrules IGP On Sen. Adeleke Malpractice / Bosun Ogunleye / Africa Bank Shareholders Sue EFCC, INEC Over APC Senatorial Aspirant, Echocho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.