Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:46 AM

More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF (13237 Views)

COVID-19 Bites Harder As More Nigerians Die / Experts Want More Nigerians Tested For COVID-19 / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Nobody: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
grin
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by fasho01(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2018
Same thing Jay-Z said when he visited Nigeria when invited by the then Kwara state Governor, the current Senate President

He said it was SAD!

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by konkonbilo(m): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2018
Very correct........it's just unfortunate
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Sharpshooota: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2018
budaatum:

There's "right thinking Christians"? If there are any, they'd have been calling the previous President and the one before him terrorist too. Or weren't "herdsmen and pythons" terrorising people then?

If you got out more, you'd know more Muslims are being killed in the predominantly Muslim North than Christians. But that wouldn't fit the narrative explaining why you don't have a toilet in your house I guess.

The only terrorism Bubu is doing is the depriving you of a free lunch.

Not only that Bubu is a terrorist
He's the most corrupt politician ever
A liar and a fraudster

There were killings in the north by Boko Haram
He promised to lead from the front
Today... Boko Haram still hold sway on the nation's soil

He promised to cancel waste by the elites in public offices.... He obviously lied

The man is a certified dullard whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by wolewole200(m): 11:41pm On Sep 18, 2018
Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. During the course of my job, I encounter so many houses, markets, schools without toilet facilities. Within the last two weeks alone, I have sealed up five houses without toilets and am about to seal up many others for same.

You get to peoples houses where over five adults live and they all parade at least a phone worth nothing less than #30,000 and such has no toilet. It baffles me how we treat ourselves. We regard our lives as less important.

And yet some people will blame the government for that. Such people, when faced with sickness caused by lack of toilet and indiscriminate defaecation will beg doctors with huge amount of money, just to be treated. Talk about priorities.

Some make up looking babes and forming bros will come to nairaland to brag not knowing that their own houses don't even have toilets. Shame!

2 Likes

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by mandax: 11:46pm On Sep 18, 2018
Toilets Western World type.

Nigerians don't carry shit in their stomach.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by mandax: 11:50pm On Sep 18, 2018
But yet to hear Buhari government with serious talk about providing pipe borne water in Nigeria, so how does toilet work?

Buhari and Jonathan govts are about rail lines from Chinese.

Jonathan couldn't even provide water in Otuoke. He went to build standard rail gauge in Kaduna - selfish interest for north to vote him for second term.

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by baysol: 12:23am On Sep 19, 2018
ikorodureporta:

Source: https://www.thecable.ng/unicef-nigerians-access-phones-toilets

How's about joining a shitting club. Na the competition sweet pass. grin
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by 1Sharon(f): 12:43am On Sep 19, 2018
Lol. I word PRIORITIES.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 12:53am On Sep 19, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Not only that Bubu is a terrorist
He's the most corrupt politician ever
A liar and a fraudster

There were killings in the north by Boko Haram
He promised to lead from the front
Today... Boko Haram still hold sway on the nation's soil

He promised to cancel waste by the elites in public offices.... He obviously lied

The man is a certified dullard whose only achievement in office is to gallivant round the world and take pictures
Seems like you wanted a messiah instead! Or a miracle worker. He sounds like a politician to me. They always lie. As for me, the fact that lazy no-job people aren't filling their pockets with Nigeria's wealth is satisfying, considering all the greedy bastards of the past. Or when last did you hear of ghana-must-go bags full of money going missing? About, "the most corrupt politician ever"! Are you like 12 or something? Do tell, when did Nigeria ever have better governance! And don't say Murtala, that's if you know anything about him. His reign was rather too short to tell.

As to all that other rubbish you adding to his ineptitude (and he is inept but much less than many in the past), if he was as bad as you're making out, you wouldn't need to fabricate stories about him. Blaming my Bubu for your house not having a toilet! You must be 2! You sure should be ashamed of yourself! Give you the chance you'd poo too and ask for your ass to be wiped! Or perhaps you're just waking up to what's been going on around you for over half a century but you're just noticing now because your dinner got smaller?!

Until the likes of you realise no one is coming to fix your nation for you and that you are the wealth of the nation (well, perhaps not you exactly, since you can't even build the wealth of a toilet in your own home), and you get off your ass and do your bit too, instead of waiting for a miracle to be done by a messiah to fix Nigeria, I'm afraid that's the best you got, albeit and according to your like, a somewhat inept, lying, dullard, terrorist from Daura.

So, come on, you can do it. It can't be that hard. Just be honest a tinsy bitsy. Start with a whisper if you must, say, "Sai Bubu darling me!" He's the best you got, for now! And if you're good at it, I might ask him to throw you a toilet!
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 1:01am On Sep 19, 2018
wolewole200:
Unfortunately, this is the sad truth. During the course of my job, I encounter so many houses, markets, schools without toilet facilities. Within the last two weeks alone, I have sealed up five houses without toilets and am about to seal up many others for same.

You get to peoples houses where over five adults live and they all parade at least a phone worth nothing less than #30,000 and such has no toilet. It baffles me how we treat ourselves. We regard our lives as less important.

And yet some people will blame the government for that. Such people, when faced with sickness caused by lack of toilet and indiscriminate defaecation will beg doctors with huge amount of money, just to be treated. Talk about priorities.

Some make up looking babes and forming bros will come to nairaland to brag not knowing that their own houses don't even have toilets. Shame!
I owe you! You actually work in the field. Sounds like for the government. Might I be correct then in claiming you are asking homeowners to take responsibility and build shitholes in their houses? Ain't it funny that we then want to blame others for creating the very death that would kill only ourselves? Or does anyone seriously think a Buhari who travels to London to poo wouldn't have a toilet in his house in case he couldn't fly abroad to one?

My people, please continue to sit down there blaming my Bubu and don't build toilet in your homes. When suffer reach plenty more I'm sure your eye will see!

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by coputa(m): 1:15am On Sep 19, 2018
Thebabenextdoor:
There is no need for toilet, the country is already a shithole
Why is Nigeria a shit hole,why do you like calling yourself the derogatory name given to you by your western slave masters.If you travel round the world,those countries you think that are heaven on earth have many shanties,but they will never show it to the world.Keep on destroying what you have.You think America is your father's land.Mental slavery!.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by mubeela(m): 1:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Sharpshooota:

Bubu is in the business of sending herdsmen and pythons on defenseless Christians... Let's no talk about the Shiites too...

No right thinking Christain will associate with a chronic terrorist... I think you need the getting out more

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Newboss(m): 1:23am On Sep 19, 2018
Sleekfingers:
Of course, they are right. In Lagos if you go to Lagos badagry express , people go just open yansh dey shit anyhow.
Other areas are ijora, makoko, badi, ajegunle, ikorodu,alagbado, bariga, iyana oworo, ajah, obalende, Lagos island, orile
angry

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by coputa(m): 1:30am On Sep 19, 2018
Common,Nigerians,take hate and tribalism out of the way so as to make a clear judgement.
Nigeria has greatly improved compared to the past sixties and seventies when you hardly find a decent toilet in a whole community,but now the condition has greatly improved.Nearly all hhouses now have Water closet except some negligible few in the rural areas.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 1:39am On Sep 19, 2018
coputa:
Common,Nigerians,take hate and tribalism out of the way so as to make a clear judgement.
Nigeria has greatly improved compared to the past sixties and seventies when you hardly find a decent toilet in a whole community,but now the condition has greatly improved.Nearly all hhouses now have Water closet except some negligible few in the rural areas.
That's not true. It's true we are much better than we were in the sixties and seventies, but we still have a long way to go and toilets and water are the very basics.

I'm from Osun State. Many houses don't have water, and many more don't have toilets. Even in Lagos there are houses with, well not exactly toilets, though I must say, the public toilet at Ojota was a pleasant surprise. 50 Naira for a piss it was. Nice, clean and the attendant was courteous.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 1:44am On Sep 19, 2018
coputa:
Why is Nigeria a shit hole,why do you like calling yourself the derogatory name given to you by your western slave masters.If you travel round the world,those countries you think that are heaven on earth have many shanties,but they will never show it to the world.Keep on destroying what you have.You think America is your father's land.Mental slavery!.
It's not "given to us by .... western slave masters"! We have eyes and can see for ourselves. The only slavery is not realising the Nigeria we have is the one we created. Hopefully, soon as we can't stand the stench of our own poo anymore, we, Nigerians, would clean up our act.

Meanwhile, let not silly sentiment stop us stating the obvious. Nigeria stinks (despite my love for the place).
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Nobody: 1:53am On Sep 19, 2018
coputa:

Lol!
Boy channel your frustration to the appropriate quarters!

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Kingspin(m): 3:36am On Sep 19, 2018
Lar over to you
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by tinktanker: 4:44am On Sep 19, 2018
Oya presidency come an debunk it. Call it opposition sponsored talk
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Timewilltell2(f): 4:49am On Sep 19, 2018
PrecisionFx:
Slum Hole.

Dunce
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Timewilltell2(f): 4:51am On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

It's not "given to us by .... western slave masters"! We have eyes and can see for ourselves. The only slavery is not realising the Nigeria we have is the one we created. Hopefully, soon as we can't stand the stench of our own poo anymore, we, Nigerians, would clean up our act.

Meanwhile, let not silly sentiment stop us stating the obvious. Nigeria stinks (despite my love for the place).

Your family stinks . Poor flatty
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Waffarianman(m): 5:49am On Sep 19, 2018
Shallanger things. Lol
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by ikorodureporta: 5:51am On Sep 19, 2018
For my area, public toilet is now a biz due to d number of abbokkis wey dey squat outside... Jst attach one to your outside shop, & see d number of clients wey u go get per day cheesy
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Greenback: 5:54am On Sep 19, 2018
Coneheads didn't give a damn,they don't care.
They can"berekete" any where,under bridge,road side,bush,..even sef,for public...
That picture was taken in either Oshogbo or Ogbomosho or Ibadan for sure
grin
Lzaa immhotep

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by coputa(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

You have been brainwashed by what you watch on films,and videos of other countries especially those that uses us as bad examples,you no longer see anything good in your country
I for one refuses to swallow every crap that is thrown at us by our western neighbors who colonized us including our brains.
From independence till date Nigeria has made progress in various facet of the economy:the network of roads we have ,now, were not there in the sixties,other infrastructures like drainage,bridges,housing,water,health care,education has greatly improved.Even governance has not be left out,as the masses are fully aware of the workings of government through the mass media.This is just the beginning,there will be more progress in the years ahead.Stop living delusion and face reality

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by coputa(m): 6:00am On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

You have been brainwashed by what you watch on films,and videos of other countries especially those that uses us as bad examples,you no longer see anything good in your country
I for one refuses to swallow every crap that is thrown at us by our western neighbors who colonized us including our brains.
From independence till date Nigeria has made progress in various facet of the economy:the network of roads we have ,now, were not there in the sixties,other infrastructures like drainage,bridges,housing,water,health care,education has greatly improved.Even governance has not be left out,as the masses are fully aware of the workings of government through the mass media.This is just the beginning,there will be more progress in the years ahead.Stop living in delusion and face reality
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by lonelydora: 6:10am On Sep 19, 2018
Very true. Come to Kalabari or Okirika land, any available body of water is their toilet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Iran Reports 49 New Coronavirus Deaths, Highest Single-day Toll / NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa / Stem Cell STC30 Has Cured Various Ailments, See For Yourself

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.