Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,302 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF (13239 Views)

COVID-19 Bites Harder As More Nigerians Die / Experts Want More Nigerians Tested For COVID-19 / UNICEF- South West Has Second Highest Number Of Stunted Children In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 19, 2018
Timewilltell2:

Dunce

Slum Hole nonetheless.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Yancy(m): 6:46am On Sep 19, 2018
A lot of Nigerians have really bad toilet habits even in their own homes. The toilets in some homes be like a horror movie scene. In public toilets, people ll prefer to pee or defecate on the floor around the seater. Nigerians and anyhowness are bffs abeg

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Bullhari007(m): 6:51am On Sep 19, 2018
Unicef you guys are very wrong , the caption supposed to be, more Yoruba has access to browsing phones than toilet because we all know average Yoruba man poo in the open ,
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by donqx: 7:57am On Sep 19, 2018
hmm
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Nobody: 8:28am On Sep 19, 2018
Gbam!
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by LZAA: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2018
Greenback:
Coneheads didn't give a damn,they don't care.
They can"berekete" any where,under bridge,road side,bush,..even sef,for public...
That picture was taken in either Oshogbo or Ogbomosho or Ibadan for sure
grin
Lzaa immhotep
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by slimdamatrix1(m): 9:12am On Sep 19, 2018
Sad fact!
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by musa7m(m): 9:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Sharpshooota:

They are here to defend the king of the zoo cheesy

Allah Akbar my Muslim friend cheesy
you Are a fool.....if time is not taking...you be afonja or flat head
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by chinekechu: 11:16am On Sep 19, 2018
unicef is right ,they always come through with statics, not just hear say

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 11:52am On Sep 19, 2018
coputa:
You have been brainwashed by what you watch on films,and videos of other countries especially those that uses us as bad examples,you no longer see anything good in your country
I for one refuses to swallow every crap that is thrown at us by our western neighbors who colonized us including our brains.
From independence till date Nigeria has made progress in various facet of the economy:the network of roads we have ,now, were not there in the sixties,other infrastructures like drainage,bridges,housing,water,health care,education has greatly improved.Even governance has not be left out,as the masses are fully aware of the workings of government through the mass media.This is just the beginning,there will be more progress in the years ahead.Stop living in delusion and face reality
I guess we would argue about who is "brainwashed", "living in delusion" and not facing reality.

No one is claiming Nigeria has not made progress since the sixties. The claim is that whatever progress we have made is insufficient. And nothing shows this lack of progress more than the fact that we have not built sufficient toilets in our homes!

In the sixties UK, many houses had toilets at the bottom of their gardens. But over time toilets were built indoors and now even houses of the sixties, having been converted into two or more flats, all have toilets in each flat. Water does not stop flowing from the tapes either, and if it so happens that it ever does stop, the water suppliers will deliver water to your home. Meanwhile, in my Orolu Kingdom of Ifon Osun, we get water from the tap once every six to eight weeks!

Are we inferior to those UK people such that we do not deserve to have what they enjoy? Or do we not know the health implications of not having those things? Life expectancy in UK is 81.60 years (2015). In Nigeria, it is 53.05 years (2015). That's a whole 30 odd years difference! Or maybe you think those figures come from "watch on films, and videos of other countries"!

No matter how good our country may be, we still have a lot more to do. And "living in delusion and not facing reality" and recognising and getting on with what we need to fix is just plain irresponsible, in my opinion. We should not rest on our laurels, if we have any that is, but strive for continuous improvement no matter how good we may currently be.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 11:56am On Sep 19, 2018
mandax:
But yet to hear Buhari government with serious talk about providing pipe borne water in Nigeria, so how does toilet work?

Buhari and Jonathan govts are about rail lines from Chinese.

Jonathan couldn't even provide water in Otuoke. He went to build standard rail gauge in Kaduna - selfish interest for north to vote him for second term.
We haven't exactly asked them to. When we do, they would say on the campaign trail "we will give you water". They'd be lying initially of course. But by the time we kick out three liars after their first terms, the next few would buck up or we vote them out too.

We Nigerians really need to understand that we are not as powerless as we have been made to think!
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 12:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
lonelydora:
Very true. Come to Kalabari or Okirika land, any available body of water is their toilet
Same in most places. I have this beautiful lake by my land in the Orolu Kingdom. Ah, so beautiful, except people use it as a public toilet and I caught spinal schistosomiasis that paralysed me from the waist down! I got healed, but imagine the number of people without access to the health care I have who die every year from contact with that water they themselves pollute with their very own piss and poo! For many, its the only source of water too, so they drink, cook and bath with it!

I cry for my country Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
Timewilltell2:

Your family stinks . Poor flatty
You family appears to have a sweat rich aroma.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Greatzeus(m): 12:05pm On Sep 19, 2018
budaatum:

There's "right thinking Christians"? If there are any, they'd have been calling the previous President and the one before him terrorist too. Or weren't "herdsmen and pythons" terrorising people then?

If you got out more, you'd know more Muslims are being killed in the predominantly Muslim North than Christians. But that wouldn't fit the narrative explaining why you don't have a toilet in your house I guess.

The only terrorism Bubu is doing is the depriving you of a free lunch.
Sir,you made great points,but there is no reasoning with these people,they hate the man's gut. I don't know if I have witnessed any man hated like the way they hate PMB. It has nothing to do with his performance,dont be deceived. That's just a cover up.
After 2015 election, before PMB was sworn in,I once stumbled upon a political discourse,I heard a man talked about PMB,with so much bitterness and hatred, though I never said a word,I just try, to no avail ,to picture what could have been his offence.
That's why I see their criticism has wailing not constructive,it has nothing to do with his performance,if he had turned Nigeria to London in 3years,their hatred wouldn't diminish by an inch.

1 Like

Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 12:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
Greatzeus:

Sir,you made great points,but there is no reasoning with these people,they hate the man's gut. I don't know if I have witnessed any man hated like the way they hate PMB. It has nothing to do with his performance,dont be deceived. That's just a cover up.
After 2015 election, before PMB was sworn in,I once stumbled upon a political discourse,I heard a man talked about PMB,with so much bitterness and hatred, though I never said a word,I just try, to no avail ,to picture what could have been his offence.
That's why I see their criticism has wailing not constructive,it has nothing to do with his performance,if he had turned Nigeria to London in 3years,their hatred wouldn't diminish by an inch.
The majority of people I have found wailing and hating are those whom he has taken the free meal they ate under previous governments from. They are now starving, as they rightly should, and don't like it, so they moan bitterly.

Please, whenever you can, reason with them. If the person you reason with does not get it, other readers and hearers might, just as you have done on here.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by darkmarky(m): 1:38pm On Sep 19, 2018
West people don't like toilets.
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by mike1994reds: 1:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
Lol, thanks to China for dumping all kinds of phones into Nigeria
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by budaatum: 4:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
mike1994reds:
Lol, thanks to China for dumping all kinds of phones into Nigeria
Lol. Should they have dumped toilets instead?
Re: More Nigerians Have Access To Phones Than Toilets - UNICEF by Timewilltell2(f): 2:10am On Sep 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Slum Hole nonetheless.

Poto republic right? undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAFDAC Intercepts And Seizes 4*40ft & 1*20ft Containers Of Fake Drugs At Apapa / Stem Cell STC30 Has Cured Various Ailments, See For Yourself / Dental Abscess: Causes, Symptoms And Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.