Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification (9807 Views)

INEC Make Up Result Been Exposed / Osun 2018: Two Governorship Candidates Emerge In SDP / Osun 2018: Tinubu Invites APC Aspirants To Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by faithfull18(f): 7:51am On Sep 19, 2018
PassingShot:

Some of you are just pathetic. Aren't you?

INEC is doing everything humanly possible to arrest the scourge of vote buying which is entrenched by people snapping their already thumb printed ballot as evidence of who they vote for, and you're here talking nonsense!
No.There are always different angles to look at issues from. You could have simply stated your view(s) without sounding abusive. undecided
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by PassingShot(m): 7:54am On Sep 19, 2018
faithfull18:

No.There are always different angles to look at issues from. You could have simply started your view(s) without sounding abusive. undecided
Ok, sorry for the word "pathetic".

What angle are you looking at it from then? cool
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by 119fortress(m): 7:56am On Sep 19, 2018
Vote buying started during Adams oshiomole second term governorship elections and since then remain a vital part of APC game plan.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by lawrence35(m): 7:57am On Sep 19, 2018
It won't stop vote buying, it will only make the people selling confused.... Good move.

Start dropshipping, see my signature.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 19, 2018
Hmm. Buhari's in-law as an INEC chairman
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Corrinthians(m): 8:01am On Sep 19, 2018
PassingShot:

Some of you are just pathetic. Aren't you?

INEC is doing everything humanly possible to arrest the scourge of vote buying which is entrenched by people snapping their already thumb printed ballot as evidence of who they vote for, and you're here talking nonsense!
When I saw the comment and the likes, i just shook my head. Some PDP supporters are just indescribably dumb.

1 Like

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Wantedmiller: 8:05am On Sep 19, 2018
saintgp:

Alas!judging from ur post you know so much or everything about politics.

Thank you Mr Politics
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Cirochukade: 8:32am On Sep 19, 2018
Wantedmiller:
Even if INEC said use HD camera or IPhone........ Wike the PDP chairman will still talk.

Oh, am sorry not wike. I mean Robot Uche Secondus will still go the opposite way. Wetin that one know for politics

Robotics!! grin grin grin
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Cirochukade: 8:35am On Sep 19, 2018
Btruth:
......whatever, everyone has the right to protect their votes. Say "NO" to rigging.

A car in front of me, had a bumper sticker on it that reads "PRAY FOR “AMBODE" psalms 109:8.

When l got home l opened my Bible, read it and started laughing.
Psalms 109:8"" Let his days be few and brief and let another take his office.

-- I fear Nigerians oooo!!!!

grin grin grin whose days?
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Cirochukade: 8:36am On Sep 19, 2018
Fabolousibk1:
Good one from Inec...
I think this will curb vote buying and selling in 2019
One love my people
Say no to buhari 2019 cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes to Buhari! tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by femmy2010(m): 8:46am On Sep 19, 2018
Nackzy:
They want to rigg without evidence

Vote buying business would reduce massively. Who wants to pay for what you are not sure of . Good move by INEC

1 Like

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by lawbabs: 8:46am On Sep 19, 2018
Nackzy:
They want to rigg without evidence

Oga read details before jumping to your keyboard. From Ekiti, evidence shows that PDP and APC were buying votes at the polling stations. The way it worked is once u get to the booth (cubicle), you will snap your ballot paper to show who u thumbed for, and then collect your money from the party agent.

This is the reason for the ban on bringing in your phone to the booth.

Unfortunately, you lot will always act before you read. Typical Nigerian!
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by ebunoluwa2063: 8:47am On Sep 19, 2018
good one, say no to vote buying

20 Likes

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by LZAA: 8:58am On Sep 19, 2018
engineerboat:
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) said it was not banning the use of Smartphone around the polling unit areas, but the moment a prospective voter entered voting cubicle to cast his or her vote.

The Chief Press Secretary to INEC Chairman, Rotimi Oyekanmi, made the declaration in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Wednesday in Abuja.

He stated this while reacting to the statement issued by the National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Uche Secondus, condemning the decision of INEC to ban the use of smart phones at polling booths.

Mr Oyekanmi said Nigerians were fully aware of the challenge of vote-buying and selling that reared its ugly head in recent elections.

He said that had prompted many stakeholders to call on INEC to devise innovative ways to tackle the problem.

“In consultation with other stakeholders, the Commission came up with new measures to solve the problem, one of which is to disallow the use of smart phones and other electronic devices in the voting cubicles on election day.

“In other words, INEC is not banning phones around the polling unit area, but the ban takes effect from the moment a prospective voter collects his or her ballot paper and enters into voting cubicle to thumb print and thereafter drop the folded ballot paper into the ballot box.

“After that, the voter can have access to his or her phone.”

Mr Oyekanmi urged Nigerians to disregard any attempt by any individual or group to politicise what was purely a preventive measure.

Mr Secondus had, in a statement by his Media Adviser Ike Abonyi on Tuesday in Abuja, alleged that the decision was to perfect rigging formula for the ruling All Progressives (APC).

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/284353-we-didnt-ban-use-of-phones-around-polling-units-inec.html
So nobody wee see the rigging
We are all aware grin
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by youngsahito(m): 9:00am On Sep 19, 2018
abc115:
grin
INEC KUDOS
Being dumped by a dark-skinned girl is the worst thing ever because anytime you get home and see charcoal, you become emotional.
lolz

1 Like

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by LZAA: 9:00am On Sep 19, 2018
lawbabs:

Oga read details before jumping to your keyboard. From Ekiti, evidence shows that PDP and APC were buying votes at the polling stations. The way it worked is once u get to the booth (cubicle), you will snap your ballot paper to show who u thumbed for, and then collect your money from the party agent.

This is the reason for the ban on bringing in your phone to the booth.

Unfortunately, you lot will always act before you read. Typical Nigerian!
No actually it's to stop undercover reporting which exposes rigging
Thanks to social media nobody waits for NBC controlled stations for news anymore
Even abroad newspapers are almost fading out(paperback of course grin)
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by faithfull18(f): 9:07am On Sep 19, 2018
PassingShot:

Ok, sorry for the word "pathetic".

What angle are you looking at it from then? cool

Alright, for the elderly, uneducated ones without camera phones that have been selling their votes, how have they been selling it?
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by mibutter: 9:07am On Sep 19, 2018
mtchew
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by harbeebtech(m): 9:11am On Sep 19, 2018
If INEC really want to fight vote buying, they should concentrate on fishing out those party agents that would come to pooling units with cash to buy votes and not infringing on my right both as a voter and as a human
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by mibutter: 9:11am On Sep 19, 2018
YOU HAVE A PASSION TO DEVELOP MOBILE APPS – IKEJA & IKOYI CENTERS

Learn how to design, build, and publish iOS and Android mobile apps from scratch using a variety of tools, such as XCode, Swift, and Java.

What You Get!

- Award of CERTIFICATION after completion of course
- 100% Practical Training from MOBILE APP DEVELOPMENT Experts
- Basics of GRAPHICS DESIGN Training
- Unlimited Internet Wi-Fi
- Weekdays and Weekends Trainings

PLUS MORE!

NOTE: THIS OUR GUARANTEE - WE WONT TRAIN YOU THE WAY EVEN SOME OF THE BIGGEST ICT TRAINING CENTERS & NAMES IN NIGERIA DO (THEY USUALLY TEACH NONSENSE, IF YOU KNOW, YOU KNOW) - WE WILL TRAIN AND IMPACT YOU TO BE AN ICT PROFESSIONAL WITH JOB-READY KNOWLEDGE DURING AND AFTER GRAD

Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Nobody: 9:15am On Sep 19, 2018
There's one thing I have noticed about this people they will say something without a clarity, leaving room for immediate adjustment should in case it didn't go well.

Rubbish goverment.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Shaev7(m): 9:15am On Sep 19, 2018
"Which kind talk be this?" "Animal talk wan start again" - Fela
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by seborrhic: 9:21am On Sep 19, 2018
fyneguy:

No. It will reduce vote-buying.

Voters snap their ballot papers as proof to sell their votes.
Rubbish.
The market women,women and villagers that voted in Ekiti governorship and Katsina senatorial bye election did they have smart phones?No.
All they did was one agent bribing INEC official and security operatives at the polling unit to have a access or view of a voter's thumb printed ballot to verify he/she voted for the agent's party,and the voter promptly gets paid.
INEC should instead have used the smart phone technology to counter rather than this dead on arrival idea of preventing vote buying.
If they Want to know how to outsmart vote buyers with technology,they should pay for the consult or continue encouraging rigging and vote buying that will as sure as night coming after day,happen again in Osun this Saturday.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Blitzerz: 9:26am On Sep 19, 2018
Trust
Just watch out
This law will only apply in Southern Nigeria

They know what they are doing.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Btruth: 9:39am On Sep 19, 2018
Cirochukade:

grin grin grin whose days?
grin grin grin
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by AlphLukau: 10:03am On Sep 19, 2018
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by bbxxxxxx: 10:21am On Sep 19, 2018
Good policy by inec, however they should ensure the NPF do not use this as an avenue to stop people from bringing their phone to the pooling unit. The inec official should be given the responsibility to ensure that no mobile phone is allowed in the cubicle by collecting the phones of the voters b4 issuing ballot paper. the NPF will abuse the process
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by nnaeyes6: 11:37am On Sep 19, 2018
Where will I insert my SIM CARD? ODE
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by faithfull18(f): 12:44pm On Sep 19, 2018
Corrinthians:
When I saw the comment and the likes, i just shook my head. Some PDP supporters are just indescribably dumb.
No, I think you just described yourself. Must everyone see things or think the same way? Anyone who doesn't agree to decisions/solutions proferred by the government must surely be a supporter of the opposing party. To you lots, it's all about being loyal to a party and never about proferring solutions for the general good/majority of Nigerians(N.B you can't satisfy everybody) and moving the nation forward.
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by FestusIrohigbe: 12:51pm On Sep 19, 2018
shocked
Re: OSUN 2018: Mobile Phone; INEC Make Clarification by Housing(m): 10:08pm On Sep 19, 2018
This is not the right way to fight vote buying

(1) (2) (Reply)

Restructure Nig. & Place Politians On Civil Service Salary Structure-nweze, Baje / Signature Forgery: Ann Nat. Sec Sues Fela Durotoye/emmanuel Dania / Wike: Those Plotting My Death Will Die First

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.