Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,901 members, 7,835,012 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? (283 Views)

COVID-19: FG To Get $750m Loan From World Bank For States — Zainab Ahmed / FG Seeks Fresh $1.2 Billion Loan From Brazil / Jonathan Also Collected Loan From China, Amaechi Replies PDP Chieftain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? by TalkItAll: 4:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
Well, I'm curious if anyone knows the details of the loan that the FGN took from China. Because from what's going on in some other African countries, where such countries couldn't repay their loans, I hope we don't wake up one day to the realisation that the Chinese government is taken over an airport, seaport, our oil or a state since we couldn't repay the loan.

I feel that leaders should make known to the citizens, details of whatever deal or deals they intend to get into or have gotten into. Or don't we have a right to know? Please, they should be open about the details so that we can be ready, I hate unpleasant surprises. Don't know if anyone feels what I feel. What do you guys think though? What's your take people?

1 Like

Re: Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? by cardoso514: 5:23pm On Sep 19, 2018
Nigeria as a country has muscles! We have huge foreign reserves so no fear
Re: Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? by TalkItAll: 3:25am On Sep 20, 2018
@cardoso514 so because we have muscles, we the citizens shouldn't know or have an idea about the details of the deal? At least if "our huge foreign reserves" are going to be depleted, we should know by how much. I still think we have a right to know what kind of deals they signed. For all you know our future and that of our kids may have been mortgaged.
Re: Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? by xbernardx(m): 3:34am On Sep 20, 2018
Google is your friend, find the details there, if that is not enough, you can invoke the power of FOI and request specifics from relevant authority
Re: Loan From China: Who Knows The Details? by CodeTemplar: 3:43am On Sep 20, 2018
No need for much details. We shared same amount recovered from abacha loot.

(1) (Reply)

Osun Rerun: Details Of Saraki’s Meeting With Adeleke Revealed / Osun Guber Update-inec Misplaced PDP Votes. / Afdb To Lift 1bn Out Of Hunger, Invests $24b In Agriculture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.