Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,799 members, 7,810,078 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 PM

Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project (13659 Views)

Mixed Reaction Trail FG's Choice Of Ethiopian Airlines As National Carrier / Nigeria Air: 11 Things You Should Know About The New National Carrier / Nigeria Air… FG Unveils New National Carrier (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Kingspin(m): 6:10pm On Sep 19, 2018
Country with sense led by people without sense.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by AreaFada2: 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
For once a good decision. They should never have wasted our money on it to begin with. All that expensive London launch.

FG has no business starting any commercial venture to find investors later. It will become another conduit pipe and would never fly.

Our cumbersome and corrupt bureaucracy alone easily put off any honest investors.

Even corruption friendly Lebanese and Indian investors cannot see it making profits.

Most airlines run very tiny profit margins. Even the very best among them.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by sunkoye: 6:11pm On Sep 19, 2018
BruncleZuma:
grin grin grin grin

[img]https://i./150L.gif[/img]

Ajala don throway am inside lagoon.
grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Obierika(m): 6:16pm On Sep 19, 2018
The project was already dead-on-arrival!
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by bigtt76(f): 6:17pm On Sep 19, 2018
Suspended to those who had hope in it in the first place especially the domain name squatter grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by gaby(m): 6:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
DrHighchief:
Benin man....

Full compliments sir, your royal highness.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Zanas: 6:36pm On Sep 19, 2018
Buhariguy and sarkin will blame Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB for this now grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by FemiMaduka(m): 6:39pm On Sep 19, 2018
Should 'suspend' be the right word? From my understanding of the word, you can only suspend what is in progress (however little). Nothing tangible was really done about this, save the unveiling of the name and logo - with the accompanying fanfare. How long would it take a serious set of people to float an airline? 100 years? Take a certain Air Peace as an example. This company took off in 2013 (5 years ago), as a strictly private concern. Today, it flies to about 20 destinations and has a fleet of about 20 aicrafts (mostly Boeing 737s), and has recently ordered an additional 13 aircrafts (10 of which are NEW Boeing 737 Max 8; they will fly straight in from the Boeing plant in Renton, Washington D.C.) in an industry where most airlines actually operate aircrafts on lease, and where aircrafts as old as 15 years are considered relatively new! So what excuse does a nation have in not being able to operate a viable and profitable airline? Did Buhari not find time to go gallivant in Oshogbo? These guys just don't know what it takes...our priority scale is warped! So bleeping warped. It beats me how the alarm hasn't sounded yet in our heads, even with the way things have gone. This is no blind, uninformed criticism. I gave the Air Peace-example so that we can see that we aren't cursed or shackled, we simply are not bothered enough. Talk of blissful ignorance.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by COMPAQ(m): 6:40pm On Sep 19, 2018
I must confess that Nigeria is the most incompetent country in the world!!

The stupidity of our leaders is on an uncharted scale!! Why would a minister launch something as significant as a national carrier a few months ago only to announce now that it's been suspended.

I have always had hope for this country, but to be honest I am on the verge of giving up on this country. Middle class are now checking out to Canada in droves and I cant blame them.

Maybe my feeling this way is because I'm currently in Dubai and seeing what has been done with oil money and seeing structure and purpose in place, it just makes you angry!! From airport, to roads, to organised driving, to neat taxi's with meters, to organised city layout, to stable electricity, to working metro....!!! Just name it!!

Yet in Nigeria, we are not smart enough to clean our own gutters, clear drains, properly patch our roads, design our own city, get danfo drivers organised, get tanker drivers off the roads etc. Why are we so useless!!?? And to be honest, as bad as the government is, we ourselves have a problem. When you travel elsewhere, you just realize how much of a filthy people we are. Who born you to drop coke bottle for floor, or eat gala and drop wrapper for bus stop floor for dubai? Or to just be weeing on the side of the road anywhere. In Dubai since you know you cant wee anywhere, you make a note of weeing before leaving where you are to ensure you can get to your destination safe. But here a man leaves his house and in 10mins he's weeing on the road. I know we have multiple excuses (no public toilets, no this, no that), but even at times when govt has tried to provide, have we used it?

I once saw a woman driving an IX35 (so you would suppose she's a bit educated and learned) wind down the back window of her car while driving on Aba road in PH, for her kids who had bought takeaway from an eatery to throw out the foam pack with left over rice, chicken bone, coke bottle out on the road. If anyone had challenged her, she would even argue with you that wettin concern you and most passer by would even support her. That's the kind of people we have become.

Nigeria needs a military style of discipline and reorientation walahi!! With serious koboko for like 5 years so that we start to behave ourselves again. We had it before the first coup, started loosing our sanity during military era, was on the verge of gaining it back during Idiagbon, but unfortunately lost it for good. Now so many generations have been born without basic decency and civility that to go back to basic manners is almost impossible.

That's why I often tell people that this Democracy we are practicing cannot take us anywhere in like 100 years! We need a benevolent military leader to cause us to make progress swiftly by manhandling us into shape for some time. Unfortunately the same brutal power to change things immediately that we'd need this person to have, would likely corrupt him and he'd become a despot, unless God just wan help us. How can Kigali which was war torn like 10 - 15 years ago be a better organised, cleaner city than Lagos!!! What have we been doing since!!! Where is our own common sense to do things!!! Soon Monrovia and Freetown will be better organised than Lagos.

Why are we just an overall useless nation!!!!!

7 Likes

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by homesteady(m): 6:49pm On Sep 19, 2018
Here we go again.. .
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by andy4d2ofus(m): 6:55pm On Sep 19, 2018
How can you suspend what never existed. APC and scam are just like 5 and 6. Baba must go home 2019
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by ehissi(m): 7:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
Chai...... angry

Nigerians stiol waiting to be boarded on Nigeria Air in the air like..... undecided

1 Share

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by jeloraw: 7:29pm On Sep 19, 2018
suyamasta:
Na wa, why raise our hopes in the first place, this govt is just bent on doing anyhow, I pray them go see anyhow too,
Nigerians na oyo we dey o make we carry our load for head o this politricians no send us oooo

looking to be a highly paid Makeup Artist? Give your career a massive boost with this training course allows you to enhance your skills in Makeup application as a professional Makeup artist as well as been you own BOSS!

This is a 3-in-1 Training package that better introduce you to world of Makeup Artistry, Digitally Marketing as well as craft design branding for your business that we GUARANTEE YOU CANT FIND ANYWHERE ELSE!

MAKEUP ARTISTRY: Lean to make Makeup of any kinds!
DIGITAL MEDIA MARKETING: Market to your crowd and target audience!
GRAPHICS DESIGN – make your own logo, banners etc by yourself!

This full training that makes you job-ready - no theory, no textbooks, no copy and paste – simply 100% practical training program!

TRAINING CENTERS: 11, UNITY ROAD, OFF TOYIN STREET, IKEJA, LAGOS
TRAINING PERIOD: 3 WEEKS DATE: SEPTEMBER 12, 2018
TRAINING COST: N49,999 (Shoprite Price! ). This cost covers everything you will learn under ICT-centric Make-up training which also includes Graphics Design and Digital Media Marketing training – Value and Pricing we guarantee you CANT get anywhere else!

Requirement: Instructors will give you list of materials you will need to come along with for personal practical purpose ONLY for your Make-up training. Also, a working laptop will be essential for your Graphics Design and Digital Media Marketing Training

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Nobody: 7:45pm On Sep 19, 2018
We are late to the party here. What we should be thinking is a rail system across West Africa.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Str8talk21: 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2018
bad news for the university guy that purchased air ngeria domains.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Str8talk21: 8:03pm On Sep 19, 2018
bad news for the university guy that purchased air Nigeria domains.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Queenserah26(f): 8:27pm On Sep 19, 2018
Mtcheew undecided
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by idonhammer: 9:19pm On Sep 19, 2018
lamidebaby:
You dey do me longer throat.. abeg PM me make I tell you something.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Ideagatesauto: 9:32pm On Sep 19, 2018
All hail the lifeless one.
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by allaboutobed(m): 9:37pm On Sep 19, 2018
suyamasta:
Na wa, why raise our hopes in the first place, this govt is just bent on doing anyhow, I pray them go see anyhow too,
Nigerians na oyo we dey o make we carry our load for head o this politricians no send us oooo
wait o na wrap wey Snoop Dogg want smoke be dat?
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Zvong1: 10:25pm On Sep 19, 2018
i knew from day 1 that it was gonna be scam, lo & behold, it happened... is a pity for Nigeria & Nigerians.�����������
#Scam2018
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by stasius: 10:47pm On Sep 19, 2018
.... And all the billions of Naira quoted to acquire blablabla went where bikonu?
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by lexy2014: 12:18am On Sep 20, 2018
suyamasta:
na u give them ur hope make dem raise. Were u de when people de say APCs achievements are only social media, d more u look d less u c
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by lexy2014: 12:21am On Sep 20, 2018
buhariguy:
Ok
d scales haven't fallen from ur eyes yet?
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Nobody: 7:17am On Sep 20, 2018
stasius:
.... And all the billions of Naira quoted to acquire blablabla went where bikonu?
it's election year my brother, if you know you know tongue
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Carlyscales: 8:11am On Sep 20, 2018
Originality007:

grin me i will say, One Chance

Me na BOUNCED CHEQUE
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by suyamasta(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2018
allaboutobed:
wait o na wrap wey Snoop Dogg want smoke be dat?

Lol e be like o
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by suyamasta(m): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2018
lexy2014:
na u give them ur hope make dem raise. Were u de when people de say APCs achievements are only social media, d more u look d less u c
Baba na all of us dey d country d main thing be say Dem d play us too much ojoro and we need to wake up!!!Asap
Re: Nigeria Air: FG Suspends National Carrier Project by Horus(m): 8:46pm On Sep 20, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcSoFj8aPqk

FG suspends Nigeria Air indefinitely

The Minister of State for Aviation, Hadi Sirika, on Wednesday, announced the suspension of the planned national carrier, Nigeria Air

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Smartphones Have Disrupted The Way Nigerians Travel / Mozambique Visa & Cost.. Please Help ! / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.