Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,224 members, 7,822,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk (13711 Views)

Best City In Nigeria To Live In? / My Journey From Nigeria To Dubai With Pictures / 10 Most Affordable Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by 2Legit2Qui: 3:07pm On Oct 13, 2009
I have lived in the UK for 11 years. I recently spent three months non stop in Abuja, Lagos, Ekiti, Aba, Nigeria. I am now back in the UK, it then beats me, why will someone sell all he has to want to come and live in a boring place as the UK?

You dont just fit in. No matter what you say, it is not necessary, all you have to do is to understand what living in Nigeria is all about, you dont have to go thru the cold, the racism, the stereotype, the joblessness, the loneliness, no family, no relations kind of life, why do Nigerians do these?

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by BabsT1: 3:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
thts tru ma guy then i suggest u also come back home people in glass house dont trow stones

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by hadexman(m): 3:51pm On Oct 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

I have lived in the UK for 11 years. I recently spent three months non stop in Abuja, Lagos, Ekiti, Aba, Nigeria. I am now back in the UK, it then beats me, why will someone sell all he has to want to come and live in a boring place as the UK?

You dont just fit in. No matter what you say, it is not necessary, all you have to do is to understand what living in Nigeria is all about, you dont have to go thru the cold, the racism, the stereotype, the joblessness, the loneliness, no family, no relations kind of life, why do Nigerians do these?

Guy, you are not making sense at all. The same reason why you are in the UK is the same reason why people are selling their properties to be there.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by mantote: 4:26pm On Oct 13, 2009
come and suffer small.u will know yyyyyyyyyyy

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by justwise(m): 5:23pm On Oct 13, 2009
@ 2Legit2Qui .

Why are u still here? Move back to Nigeria and live there. Silly thing.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by iice(f): 5:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
LOL
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 6:19pm On Oct 13, 2009
that's your own personal opinion
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by hadexman(m): 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2009
Lol, the poster didn't find things easy in the UK and came back home hopefully things will be better. He saw black out, bad roads, e.t.c and flew back cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by chiogo(f): 8:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
Chei!!!!! Na wa oo

@poster, so are you now back in naija? If you're not, then I don't know what to tell you. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by skfa1: 8:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
Well to me, Nigeria is a good place to live when u have money to spend conveniently, while UK is boring even if u still have money. No place like home .
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by chic2pimp(m): 8:54pm On Oct 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

I am now back in the UK.

Shey una dey hia dis guy sha? cheesy

2Legit2Qui:

It then beats me, why will someone sell all he has to want to come and live in a boring place as the UK?

Stop contradicting yourself jare. If it's that boring,why did you comeback? undecided
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 10:05pm On Oct 13, 2009
skfa1:

Well to me, Nigeria is a good place to live when u have money to spend conveniently, while UK is boring even if u still have money. No place like home .

dats what you think, well i advice u to go out more
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by MrCrackles(m): 10:09pm On Oct 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

You are severely daft!
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by skfa1: 10:21pm On Oct 13, 2009
r231:

dats what you think, well i advice u to go out more

Ofcourse im always out trust me, sometime its just shitt.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 10:29pm On Oct 13, 2009
skfa1:

Ofcourse im always out trust me, sometime its just shitt.

it depends on where you go and stuff
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by skfa1: 10:35pm On Oct 13, 2009
r231:

it depends on where you go and stuff

Well its alright but u just dont feel the whether sometimes
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 10:57pm On Oct 13, 2009
skfa1:

Well its alright but u just dont feel the whether sometimes

which one would u choose bad weather or armed robbers chasing you around cus u are out l8 well think about it
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by OAM4J: 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2009
2Legit2Qui:

@ Poster.

So why are writing this out of Nigeria? Who/what is stopping you from living in Nigeria?

Don’t be deceived, you enjoyed the three months because you went to Naija with lots of money. Go back to Naija without money and see if you will survive 1 week. Even your relations will desert you if they know you don’t have owo/ego/kudi in your pocket. You are dead without money in Nigeria.

Go and check, those who are making real money are not leaving Nigeria. They may travel for holiday or businesses, but they remain in Naija.

3 Likes

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Tats(m): 11:43pm On Oct 13, 2009
At least I can wake up at 1 am and drive to Tesco to shop without any fear! grin grin

Life is full of compromises, so it depends on what is important to you/your family.
Firstly, not everyone face joblessness, loneliness, e.t.c like you seem to suggest. If you are lonely, I suggest you spend your sunday around peckham market. grin grin. If you work fulltime from monday to Friday, you should be looking forward to resting during the weekend, visiting friends, going to church (if applicable) e.t.c. Afterall also, Lebara and phone card never finish! So you can jist with Family and friends back home.

You can be in naija and have millions in your account or be here and have only a few hundreds or thousands in your account and enjoy the facilities that this place provides. Whatever is priority for you or of importance. You can earn much and pay through your nose to have your kids go to Private schools in Nigeria or you can have them go to very good state schools here for virtually free if you live in a good area. Its all your choice. I dont mind the about 6 months of freezing weather, cos at least i can pad myself. I prefer it to heat. Is it all the time that I am outside during the cold weather?

Anyway, why you come back here sef?

2 Likes

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 11:46pm On Oct 13, 2009
Tats:

At least I can wake up at 1 am and drive to Tesco to shop without any fear! grin grin

Life is full of compromises, so it depends on what is important to you/your family.
Firstly, not everyone face joblessness, loneliness, e.t.c like you seem to suggest. If you are lonely, I suggest you spend your sunday around peckham market. grin grin. If you work fulltime from monday to Friday, you should be looking forward to resting during the weekend, visiting friends, going to church (if applicable) e.t.c. Afterall also, Lebara and phone card never finish! So you can jist with Family and friends back home.

You can be in naija and have millions in your account or be here and have only a few hundreds or thousands in your account and enjoy the facilities that this place provides. Whatever is priority for you or of importance. You can earn much and pay through your nose to have your kids go to Private schools in Nigeria or you can have them go to very good state schools here for virtually free if you live in a good area. Its all your choice. I dont mind the about 6 months of freezing weather, cos at least i can pad myself. I prefer it to heat. Is it all the time that I am outside during the cold weather?

ma point exactly
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by mamagee6(f): 12:42am On Oct 14, 2009
Personally I love London. cool
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by surveyProf(m): 10:14am On Oct 14, 2009
@Postal, could u pls explain ur self! Lol
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by Davedavy: 10:15am On Oct 14, 2009
Tats:

Gbam!

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by redsky1: 1:18pm On Oct 14, 2009
the poster is foolish - u live in London returned to London and then asked the question.

at least as a woman i can get up and go to tescos at 11pm or 3am without the fear of getting raped or kidnapped.

nonsense

if you don't have money in Nigeria do u think u can survive - or are u forgetting the NHS. get sick in naija without money - ur arse will be back at heathrow b4 u can turn ur head.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by freeview(f): 2:54pm On Oct 14, 2009
With a pound u can eat chicken and chips,which is a luxury to an average nigerian citizen.

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by snowdrops(m): 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2009
Poster only wants to generate a reaction by throwing an obviously silly question.
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by tjadeba(m): 5:28pm On Oct 14, 2009
Tats:

Thats the gist man!
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by unix4real1(m): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2009
What the poster is trying to say was that it doesn`t make any sense to sell properties to travel abroad because it doesn`t worth it and thats the truth but most people that are mean`t to die in another man`s country will find it hard to accept.  All the excuses about no light, bad roads e.t.c will be meaningless if you are financially ok in nigeria but if you are abroad with millions without valid papers to remain there then you`ill understand what the poster is talking about.  I spent close to 2 years in London before i decided to settle down back at home and am enjoying every seconds i spent in naija after a year of my arrival. I will just be going once in a while to visit but i will never think of settling down there.

Some are spending close to 10 years abroad without seeing their mum, dad, wife, husband, kids and closest families all in the name of having a good time abroad undecided to me thats not a good life but if you have what it takes to travel down here and visit them or have the chance to take them along with you and live a peaceful life then it will be another different story. Rape,robbery,kidnapping e.t.c are happening everywhere in the world. i could remember december 2007 when i was robbed by the jamaicans on my way back from work and it happens to my my friends and housemates too on different occasions so it makes me believe that its only God that can safe you from all those bad things not the country you stays or where you live.

Life is good in the UK no doubt about that and thats how it is here in Naija as well if you have what it takes. Why should i be complaining of heat if i have my money to buy fuel to my Generator, AC in my home and also in my car. why should i be complaining of bad roads if i have a nice jeep to tackle all the port holes and also the bad roads and i can see my family anytime anyday i want so whats the fuss about the good life abroad. For those that believe in dying abroad, keep on but whenever am coming for the next visit i will deliver the message sent to you by your Grandma that you`ve last seen for 10 years grin
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by redsky1: 9:24pm On Oct 14, 2009
so in nigeria do you have house mates as well. U are comparing different levels of life with that of naija and the UK, why are u living in an area where jamo go mug u, thats says it all really.

where u driving jeep in london - does the average nigerian have money for gen and fuel for gen - does the average nigerian drive jeep.

does the average nigerian have access to goo healthcare in nigeria - i guess when u get really ill u will be one of those coming here to use the free NHS. nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by r231(m): 9:37pm On Oct 14, 2009
^^^^don't mind the so called big man jare na so so mouth,,,,,,,,,,,so jus cus pple are not rdy to go bck home now means they don't have paper abi hisssssssssss
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by ikeyman00(m): 9:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
@@@

and when is becorich finally gona leave canada
Re: Why Will Anyone In His/her Right Senses Want To Vacate Nigeria To Live In The Uk by shotster50(m): 10:13pm On Oct 14, 2009
The poster is simply seeking attention. It is pointless debating this matter because its pretty obvious.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Much It Cost To Charter A Private Jet / Tanker Drivers Cause Traffic Gridlock In Lagos This Morning (Photos) / A Nigerian, Adebayo Ogunlesi,  has Acquired The London Gatwick Airport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.