Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,572 members, 7,823,491 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu (25633 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by TrueNigerian300: 8:20am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

This is humiliation of the highest order
They have turned Ambode to a house boy, Ambode made a big mistake by not building his own political structures the moment he came in as governor so he won't pushed around, that was what Fashola did by creating a JUSTICE GROUP in Lagos APC to rival Tinubu's Mandate group, that's why Tinubu has no option but to back Fashola for second term, cos Fahsola had structure on Ground to defect to PDP and win his re-election in 2011

If Ambode is not allowed to come back as governor , he should wreck havoc on Tinubu by aligning with Fashola, the opposition and other lagos APC members who want to set lagos free from Tinubu madness

The same Fashola he rubbished!!! SMH!!!

You think political structure is built over night even Fashola couldn't built one as you said. His performance spoke for him and the party has no choice but to bow to his leadership. Fashola is a leader in all ramifications an excellent leader. If you don't know Fashola is the greatest public administrator Nigeria has ever seen.When people see a leader they naturally bow even if they dont want to and that was Fashola case.

Do you know how many people lost their jobs by replacing Lawma with a foreign company. Most of those people are local politicians if you don't know or those recommended by the local politicians. Now what is he supposed to build the structure with if not those people.

Ambode must be a very dull person to have failed both ways: politically and performance wise. He failed woefully based on performance as far as I am concerned. And for him to have issue with his party shows he failed politically as well.I don't care if he fails politically that is not my business. Fashola didn't pass well politically too but his performance overrode that and the party has no choice but to bow for him.

Ambode is a FAILURE!!!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Sleekfingers: 8:21am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Why? Is it because he's a christian? First time a christian is a governor of Lagos and all these travail despite the man is performing. Apcheat indeed.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.

Religion the major problem of Nigerians. Who all these useless religion help. We are talking of good governance. Some people still talk about religion craps. In this century. No wonder this country is like this .we have millions of educated illiterates roaming around.

Ambode should stop crying like a baby. He should test his popularity. Apc is using direct primary. So what the fuss about. Is it a must for him to win? But he has a better chance winning.
Ambode have stepped on many toes. And he is now crying, when the head is off. Is either he contest or step down. That is his choice. The party leaders are angry with him. Whose fault is that?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Mccullum: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Why? Is it because he's a christian? First time a christian is a governor of Lagos and all these travail despite the man is performing. Apcheat indeed.

A Christian religion fanatic sighted! It's not about religion, it's clash of interest between political actors.

Stop relating political issues in Western Nigeria with religion because Yoruba doesn't discriminate themselves on how one wish to worship its God.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by lazeal: 8:30am On Sep 20, 2018
Awol1:
If Ambode goes down without a fight, I will personally seek his children out and tell them not to ever forgive their coward father because he's a fowl.

Ambode has always looked cowardly in my eyes until he started performing, then I began to think that appearance is sometimes not actually reality. But events of past days has confirmed he truly is a coward.

What does he want to gain from this cowardice? A senatorial seat? Security for his investment? Does anyone know what?

You are truly a man.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Lomprico2: 8:39am On Sep 20, 2018
divinelove:

When you don't have foot soldiers and strong political group you can't do shit

He don't need all that to do what he got to do!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Housing(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

They have turned Ambode to a house boy, Ambode made a big mistake by not building his own political structures the moment he came in as governor so he won't pushed around, that was what Fashola did by creating a JUSTICE GROUP in Lagos APC to rival Tinubu's Mandate group, that's why Tinubu has no option but to back Fashola for second term, cos Fahsola had structure on Ground to defect to PDP and win his re-election in 2011

If Ambode is not allowed to come back as governor , he should wreck havoc on Tinubu by aligning with Fashola, the opposition and other lagos APC members who want to set lagos free from Tinubu madness

Ambode is a not an indigenous Lagosian, he did not have the support of 4 divisions out of the 5 divisions in Lagos because of his bitter politics and clannishness. He should not take his luck too far
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by divinelove(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2018
Lomprico2:

He don't need all that to do what he got to do!

Well except he only wants to raise dusts but if winning is part of the plans then he cant do without a formidable support group, that is what is going well for tinubu.

Ambode may be hardworking but he is very dull n lacks courage. A politician should be a fighter not a cow like ambode someone with excess courage even if he is dull he can borrow brain but can't borrow courage. Excessive courage is the number one attribute of a politician DTS what buhari has and Jonathan lacks
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by FarahAideed: 8:45am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Exactly, he trusted Tinubu too much , just Imagine a whole governor without any single loyal local govt chairman or house of assembly member ...This will be a lesson to the next governor of Lagos
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Jeezuzpick(m): 8:48am On Sep 20, 2018
Awol1:
If Ambode goes down without a fight, I will personally seek his children out and tell them not to ever forgive their coward father because he's a fowl.

Ambode has always looked cowardly in my eyes until he started performing, then I began to think that appearance is sometimes not actually reality. But events of past days has confirmed he truly is a coward.

What does he want to gain from this cowardice? A senatorial seat? Security for his investment? Does anyone know what?

When you refuse to fight a man who is not only stronger than you are but also has you by the balls, you ain't no coward, you're smart.

Tinubu has a hold on this dude.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Lomprico2: 8:50am On Sep 20, 2018
divinelove:

Well except he only wants to raise dusts but if winning is part of the plans then he can do without a formidable support group, that is what is going well for tinubu.

Ambode may be hardworking but he is very dull n lacks courage. A politician should be a fighter not a cow like ambode someone with excess courage even if he is dull he can borrow brain but can't borrow courage

Its not about winning. Like I said if it was me, I will throw shìt to a rotating fan!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by danie25: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2018
Elayna:
I will advice Ambode to rush and obtain state assembly form
He can go for Counstitency in 2019 election
Money no dey sweet for one man's pocket
Haba state Assembly ke?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by kunmiiii: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
see from my point of view we need Revolution let the poor masses descend on all the evil and corrupt politicians

A point of view where u endorsed genocide, who does that?
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by divinelove(m): 9:04am On Sep 20, 2018
Lomprico2:

Its not about winning. Like I said if it was me, I will throw shìt to a rotating fan!

Ok i see, more like not dying like a chicken. You want to fight dirty before dying

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by divinelove(m): 9:05am On Sep 20, 2018
Lomprico2:

Ok i see, more like not dying like a chicken. You want to fight dirty before dying. Ambode is a political goat, he probably thinks his re election depends only on his performance lol
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by goslowgoslow(m): 9:12am On Sep 20, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Useless power drunk old men holding the people of Lagos hostage.

I spit on this generation

I spit on Lagos state

I spit on APC

I spit on PDP

We need what happened in Rwanda precisely in Nigeria
Do you know what happened in Rwanda? Sorry for you!!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Dailyway: 9:24am On Sep 20, 2018
Who will bell the cat? Can somebody advise Gov. Ambode to align with Ex. Gov. Fashola now and liquidate Tinubu' s hold on Lagos State?
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 20, 2018
hollah123:
y fighting a war u know for sure that u will lose all in the course of trying to form brave man,thats stupidity now cos he will b thoroughly dealt with n he will lose his political career.u have to get the fact that this is politics n the case of godfatherism.Ambode knows for sure that he will lose the primary for sure if he contest without the backing of political big wigs.adk yourself who was ambode in 2014?n also ask yourself who was tinubu in 2014 n u will know d difference for sure,even obj no fit humble tinubu back then when he was governor so that is to tell u that tinubu Na old meat

If I tell you I don't understand you, know I'm lying.

It's even one of the laws of power, to use the surrender tactics instead of giving ur opponent the chance to celebrate victory over you.

But get my point; Ambode has not done anything except sitting on the money pipe that fed old lazy men who depend on public fund to feed. That's why he should react. And realizing that the masses are with him. Don't underestimate the power of the masses. There masses is known to have brought down the most powerful monarchs through history.

Why is Ambo not seeing that side?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2018
lazeal:

You are truly a man.

Sight you
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by 13october: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
13october so sir Michael Otedola was muslim oga think very well
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by House2Ikeoha: 9:35am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Ambode, quietly and smartly dump APC and get PDP ticket. We need to change Lagos for good.
During Jonathan's regime, it was said that Lagos could not get Federal support because it is PDP, now under APC trailers and tanker drivers is the order of the day in Lagos.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Lomprico2: 9:41am On Sep 20, 2018
divinelove:

Ok i see, more like not dying like a chicken. You want to fight dirty before dying. Ambode is a political goat, he probably thinks his re election depends only on his performance lol

Gbabeeh!! cool
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by House2Ikeoha: 9:41am On Sep 20, 2018
Ambode, quietly dump APC and smartly get PDP ticket. We need to change Lagos for good.
During Jonathan's regime, it was said that Lagos could not get Federal support because it was PDP, now under APC trailers and tanker drivers is the order of the day in all roads across Lagos State.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Morbeta11(m): 9:50am On Sep 20, 2018
Since Saraki said he knows how to bring down that man called Tinubu.... Ambode already has a man Friday... grin
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Pacesetter123(m): 9:52am On Sep 20, 2018
MetalJigsaw:
In my honest opinion, without intending to oppose anyones stance and perspective. The way I see this serious matter and what I have to contribute is absolutely from a neutral, sincere and unbias manner and aproach which is completely devoid of any intention to counter or generate argument on anyones perspective。

IN MY humble opinoin, I cannot recall what i wanted to say。

U no well at all!!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by RALPHOW(m): 10:03am On Sep 20, 2018
Ambode should pick ADC ticket, he will have Lagosians votes, them humiliate Tinubu.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Geesaintagape: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2018
Ambode go to Willi obiano n learn don't fool urself
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by baysol: 10:05am On Sep 20, 2018
happney65:
"The battle on who gets the governorship ticket of the All Progressives Congress in Lagos State continued on Wednesday with the party leadership mounting pressure on the incumbent Governor Akinwunmi Ambode, to drop his second term bid and endorse his opponent, Babajide Sanwo-Olu.

Sanwo-Olu came into reckoning in Lagos politics after he obtained the state governorship form last Tuesday and immediately got the backing of the Mandate Movement in the Lagos APC.

The Mandate Movement is led by the National Leader of the APC, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, who was Ambode’s political godfather.

The chairmen of the 57 councils had also declared support for Sanwo-Olu.

The governor and Tinubu have been in the news in the past few days because of an alleged rift over the second term bid of Ambode.

Tinubu had refused to back Ambode’s second term ambition despite pleas by notable people in the state and the country.

Sanwo-Olu, a former commissioner in the state, on Sunday formally declared his intention to vie for the Lagos State governorship ticket of the APC, promising to restore the glory of the state when he was voted in as the governor.

Notable APC leaders in the state, who were either allies of Tinubu or his followers, were at the declaration.

On Monday, Ambode’s wife, Bolanle had tried to save her husband’s job when she met with Tinubu in Osun State and tried to pacify him to change his mind. The meeting did not yield positive result.

Our correspondent learnt that both the state and national leaders of the party met on Wednesday and mounted pressure on the Lagos governor to accept the decision of the state party leaders.

It was gathered that Ambode, however, told them that he would prefer to go ahead with the direct primary option of the party in the state.

A source said, “Ambode was told to step down and forget his second term ambition. He was told to publicly endorse Sanwo-Olu as his successor. He was promised a ministerial appointment after the APC might have won the presidential election. He was even told to pick a ministry of his choice.

“But Ambode seemed not to be pleased with the directives of the leaders as he declined the ministerial dangle. He also told them to allow the APC primary process to continue as planned. For now, the meeting is still continuing and there is no compromise in sight.”

Our correspondent also learnt on Wednesday that Ambode had instructed his camp not to speak to any journalist and wait for the electoral process to pan out.

“We told him that he might likely lose if he decided not to fight back, but he just smiled,” another source said.

However, it was gathered that the state APC leaders were still insisting that Ambode must go as of Wednesday evening.

Also, it was gathered that the meeting of the Governor’s Advisory Council, the APC’s highest advisory political organ, which held in Lagos, did not discuss Ambode’s issue.

It was gathered that the body was supposed to advise the party on the choice between Ambode and Sanwo-Olu and its implication for the party.

There had been reports that the verdict of the body would seal the fate of both Ambode and Sanwo-Olu.

A source said the meeting merely took briefing on the three aspirants – Ambode, Sanwo-Olu and Dr Femi Hamzat – and later discussed Osun State governorship election.

The body was also said to have advised the party to shift the primary to September 29, 2018, instead of the September 25 it planned to hold the primary.

The source said, “Asiwaju, the governor, as well as the two other aspirants, were not present at the meeting. A briefing on the profile of the aspirants was taken and advice was given that the primary be shifted to September 29.

“The body will meet again on Saturday when members will discuss more on the aspirants.”

Pro-Ambode demonstration holds in Lagos

Meanwhile, some residents of Lagos State took to the street on Wednesday to protest against Tinubu’s refusal to back Ambode

The protesters, who stormed the secretariat of the Ikeja Local Government Area in Ikeja, said the incumbent governor deserved automatic ticket.

One of the protesters, Mr Charles Akube, said Ambode’s infrastructural development projects were enough to earn him a second term.

He said, “Tinubu should not use politics to spoil the development going on in Lagos. Ambode has done enough to get a second term.”

https://punchng.com/tinubu-apc-mount-pressure-on-ambode-to-step-down-endorse-sanwo-olu/

Igbos una don start again as you did during the last election, unrepentant people from yamayam republic yall can never be relevant in Lagos no matter the amount of blackmail.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by DemonUnderSiege: 10:26am On Sep 20, 2018
Elayna:

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Fawklicant: 10:28am On Sep 20, 2018
Psychology departments in Nigerian universities should do well to include APC as a case study for mass hypnotism in their curriculum.
Yesterday Ambode was doing well and the best performing governor in Nigeria, today he is a nonentity not because of his failures, but because baba said so. They cite LAWMA saga as one of his misgivings for " removing food from boys' mouth to chop". But visionscape employs thousands of people at the same time.
This isn't about good governance, but a revenge mission by those who feel he hasn't allowed them free access to the till. Yet they are the first to scream corruption in other quarters. The sad thing is that, the majority of the supporters are zombies with no benefits whatsoever coming to them from their denial of good governance. All that matters to them is that Baba from buordillon has decreed it.

APC supporters are the walking dead. Their brand or specie of zombieism is yet to be determined.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by zoedew: 10:39am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:

Don’t play the religion card here! Of what benefit? His wife played God in church and threw out the Pastor! Ambode let that pass!! Of what benefit!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by hollah123: 10:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Awol1:

If I tell you I don't understand you, know I'm lying.

It's even one of the laws of power, to use the surrender tactics instead of giving ur opponent the chance to celebrate victory over you.

But get my point; Ambode has not done anything except sitting on the money pipe that fed old lazy men who depend on public fund to feed. That's why he should react. And realizing that the masses are with him. Don't underestimate the power of the masses. There masses is known to have brought down the most powerful monarchs through history.

Why is Ambo not seeing that side?
he knows for sure that the views of the masses were ignored to bring him to power so that means the views of the masses will also b ignored to take him out
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Maxcollins042(m): 10:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Elayna:
He should pick the state house of assembly nomination form when he rejected the ministerial dangle?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Abubakar Donates 500k To Kate Dekpe Lady With Poetic Pidgin English / Babachir Lawal In Villa, 13 Months After Sack / Presidency To Spend N114m On Feeding In 2016 – Document

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.