Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,814 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu (25629 Views)

2023: Tinubu’s Action On Ambode Haunts Campaign / Tinubu To Adeboye: My Hands Are Tied On Ambode’s 2nd Term / 2019: Tinubu Adamant About Decision On Ambode (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by NaijaMutant(f): 7:44am On Sep 20, 2018
grin
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by itchie: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Why? Is it because he's a christian? First time a christian is a governor of Lagos and all these travail despite the man is performing. Apcheat indeed.
Buhari, a good man with bad intentions.
Sanwo- olu is also a Christian. I am against imposition and godfatherism though
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by diebuhari1: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2018
The travails of Yoruba Christians in the South Wàste.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by hollah123: 7:45am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Why? Is it because he's a christian? First time a christian is a governor of Lagos and all these travail despite the man is performing. Apcheat indeed.
look at u,so that is the sympathy card ambode is trying to play right?this is not about religion it's about politics and politicking

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by tj4luck(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2018

This what I hate about you people bringing religion to everything that's what is killing this country. Jide Sawo-olu is a christian if you don't know check his profile

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Firefire(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:

The party called APC is best known as “A party of cut & share”

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by youngbabaj(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2018
Tinubu like it or not I still prefer Ambode to him
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by PassingShot(m): 7:46am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

Sanwolu is confirm muslim
LIAR!
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by StivLee(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2018
Fashola right now

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by tj4luck(m): 7:47am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:

This what I hate about you people bringing religion to everything that's what is killing this country. Jide Sawo-olu who is being prepared to over throw Ambode is a christian if you don't know check his profile
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Quidquopro: 7:50am On Sep 20, 2018
Tinubu has no choice but to back Ambode.
And with that his political doom is sealed.
Lagos will be free.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by hollah123: 7:52am On Sep 20, 2018
Awol1:
If Ambode goes down without a fight, I will personally seek his children out and tell them not to ever forgive their coward father because he's a fowl.

Ambode has always looked cowardly in my eyes until he started performing, then I began to think that appearance is sometimes not actually reality. But events of past days has confirmed he truly is a coward.

What does he want to gain from this cowardice? A senatorial seat? Security for his investment? Does anyone know what?
y fighting a war u know for sure that u will lose all in the course of trying to form brave man,thats stupidity now cos he will b thoroughly dealt with n he will lose his political career.u have to get the fact that this is politics n the case of godfatherism.Ambode knows for sure that he will lose the primary for sure if he contest without the backing of political big wigs.adk yourself who was ambode in 2014?n also ask yourself who was tinubu in 2014 n u will know d difference for sure,even obj no fit humble tinubu back then when he was governor so that is to tell u that tinubu Na old meat

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Toosure70: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

This is humiliation of the highest order
They have turned Ambode to a house boy, Ambode made a big mistake by not building his own political structures the moment he came in as governor so he won't pushed around, that was what Fashola did by creating a JUSTICE GROUP in Lagos APC to rival Tinubu's Mandate group, that's why Tinubu has no option but to back Fashola for second term, cos Fahsola had structure on Ground to defect to PDP and win his re-election in 2011

If Ambode is not allowed to come back as governor , he should wreck havoc on Tinubu by aligning with Fashola, the opposition and other lagos APC members who want to set lagos free from Tinubu madness
Then he will become history.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Lekas12111: 7:53am On Sep 20, 2018
Apc and evil are 5&6 if lagosian should allow apc to rule them again then it's obvious all lagosian are dumb and fool

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Akolawole(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2018
Total thrash!

Of what use does he need to step down?

Will they put gun on his neck to support Sanwoolu ?

Which ministerial role? Will APC even win federal again?

The other group only need to get him out of power by voting against him in the primary. Why all these lies?
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by MetalJigsaw(m): 7:54am On Sep 20, 2018
In my honest opinion, without intending to oppose anyones stance and perspective. The way I see this serious matter and what I have to contribute is absolutely from a neutral, sincere and unbias manner and aproach which is completely devoid of any intention to counter or generate argument on anyones perspective。

IN MY humble opinoin, I cannot recall what i wanted to say。
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Basseybruce: 7:55am On Sep 20, 2018
Jagaban should forgive Ambo completely now..... He should let go of the rift btw them jeree.... He has learnt his lesson. Ambo once more.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by chiefolododo(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2018
Elayna:
I will advice Ambode to rush and obtain state assembly form
He can go for Counstitency in 2019 election
Money no dey sweet for one man's pocket
baba Jide should contest for councillor

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by vulpeslopez(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

They have turned Ambode to a house boy, Ambode made a big mistake by not building his own political structures the moment he came in as governor so he won't pushed around, that was what Fashola did by creating a JUSTICE GROUP in Lagos APC to rival Tinubu's Mandate group, that's why Tinubu has no option but to back Fashola for second term, cos Fahsola had structure on Ground to defect to PDP and win his re-election in 2011

If Ambode is not allowed to come back as governor , he should wreck havoc on Tinubu by aligning with Fashola, the opposition and other lagos APC members who want to set lagos free from Tinubu madness
is it the Fashola that Ambode messed up publicly?all becos he wasn't Fashola choice....Ambode is a dullard he deserves whatever he is getting.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by willoski(m): 7:55am On Sep 20, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
Useless power drunk old men holding the people of Lagos hostage.

I spit on this generation

I spit on Lagos state

I spit on APC

I spit on PDP

We need what happened in Rwanda precisely in Nigeria
My dear i would have agreed with your spitting even when it sounded irritating. But for you to say what happened in Rwanda to happen in Nigeria my brother i beg you in the name of whatsoever you hold sacred to denounce that statement. It will cause more harm than good to the seemingly poor masses because all this people you spat on will move with there families. If i lie make your research on the RWANDA GENOSIDE
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Buhari2019: 7:56am On Sep 20, 2018
mightguy:
The almighty governor Ambode whom the lagosians ave been making mouth about suddenly turned incompetent. Chai. I pity yorubqs
Just weak oh.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by sholatem(f): 7:58am On Sep 20, 2018
*Ambode's Face-Saving Presence At Osun APC Mega Rally:
Too Little, Too Late!*
*By Adeoba Michaels*
Only a naive political observer will not decipher the mission of the embattled outgoing governor of Lagos State, Mr Akinwunmi Ambode at the Osun APC governorship mega rally in Osun today.
Ambode was not there to rally support for Gboyega Oyetola, the party's flagbearer but rather to try his luck if the cul-de-sac on his re-election bid can be averted.
Is it not astonishing that a governor whose image loomed larger than life could take his wife along with him to Osogbo ostensibly to beg for forgiveness.
The last minute efforts of the governor to create a false impression of a Comrade and a committed partyman was little and late too.
Governor Ambode had missed not a few critically rallies in the south west region in the past.
Without any tenable excuse, Ambode was conspicuously missing at the grand finale rally of the APC in Ekiti and was nowhere to be found at the flag off of Oyetola's rally about two weeks ago.
The governor should be reminded that he had lost gold opportunities to save his crown.
Governor Ambode should know that what was bound in Lagos cannot be loose in Osogbo.
What miracle is he expecting at this eleventh hour when gate had already been shot against him and another man had been anointed to takeover his throne.
Who will beg for Ambode in Osogbo? Is it Rauf Aregbesola he reportedly treated like a trash when he visited him at his office in Lagos.
I am sure the arrogant and vindictive governor is not expecting the bellwether minister, Babatunde Fashola that he humiliated publicly to intervene for him.
The Lagos elders who could have helped him in this challenging time had been insulted by the governor.
Respected Musiliu Smith and Chief Femi Okunnu had a nasty experience while trying to save Ambode's head from hammer.
If Ambode is a good man, while is he suddenly deserted by so-called supporters, not even a single commissioner in his cabinet had spoken in his support so far.
The reason is simple. He has been treating them like slaves. They dare not challenge his position on issues during Executive Council Meetings.
They have no powers to act. They were just occupying space as lame ducks!
How many Ambode's commissioners can Lagosians recall their names offhand. This writer can only remember three. They have all been muzzled under the reign of terror of the emperor.
That was not the case during Bola Tinubu and Babatunde Fashola administrations.
Average Lagosians can reel out the names of star commissioners like Muiz Banire (Environment), Kayode Opeifa (Transport), Wale Edun (Finance), Ben Akabueze (Budget and Planning), Kadri Hamzat (Works) among others.
The reason was that these great talents were allowed and empowered to explore their potentiaties for the overall development of the state.
But Ambode's leadership style is worrisome. He wants to be a lone star who will solely take credit for all collective feats.
In their closet, Ambode's commissioners and other aides will be gloating over the governor's fate because they know he is not a team player.
Is it the local government chairmen whose allocations from Federation account were used to build roads in their respective councils and Ambode claimed the roads as his achievements.
Ambode is now a pariah because of his high-handedness and vindictiveness. He should carry his cross and face the ignominy alone.
Ambode's disgrace had started since Sunday when the preferred candidate, Babajide Sanwo-Olu formally declared.
Party members and chieftains taunted him openly as a man who was consumed by greed and pride.
The same disgraceful treatment was meted to him in Osogbo today, the Fuji King, K1 the Ultimate failed to recognize him when he waxed melodious songs for dignitaries.
What a shame. Ambode crashed from being an Alpha governor to a pariah!
He should stop wasting his time and prepare for imminent defeat if he won't withdraw from the direct primaries.
Don't weep for the governor. He is reaping the reward of his wickedness.
*Adeoba Michaels, is a Public Affairs Analyst writes from Lagos*

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by hollah123: 7:59am On Sep 20, 2018
willoski:

My dear i would have agreed with your spitting even when it sounded irritating. But for you to say what happened in Rwanda to happen in Nigeria my brother i beg you in the name of whatsoever you hold sacred to denounce that statement. It will cause more harm than good to the seemingly poor masses because all this people you spat on will move with there families. If i lie make your research on the RWANDA GENOSIDE
don't mind those small boys with data,despite d fact that we had Biafra war where thousands were killed,did it solve our problem?

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by TrueNigerian300: 8:01am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:

SMH!!! Was Otedola's father not a christian when he was a governor?

Now, is this Sanwo that is endorsed by the party not christian?

I hope the wise ones can see what it will take Nigeria to be great if it is ever going to be great. As christian what did abode do for you that Fashola didn't. Ambode even fought with the chaplain just because his wife was ignored. Why do people attach religion and ethnicity to everything?

Nigeria has a long way to go people!!!

6 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by tbliss22(m): 8:02am On Sep 20, 2018
With the way things are going Tinubu should know for once that he didn't own lagos state.

2019 election will shock him if he refuse to drop the other guy, cos as for me I still prefer ambode cos the devil you know is far better than the angel you don't know.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 20, 2018
willoski:

see from my point of view we need Revolution let the poor masses descend on all the evil and corrupt politicians
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by spokesboy: 8:10am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:
Why are you bringing religion sentiment into this discourse? I hope everyone won't think like you. Why focus on things that divide us rather than what unites us. If it's not Christian Vs. Muslim, it will be Hausa Vs. Yoruba Vs. Igbo or North Vs. South. Be warned!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by divinelove(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2018
Lomprico2:
If he steps down, that will be the end of his political career. He wont be looked as as a man again!

If na me hmm! I go throw shit for ceiling fan and make sure e touch everybody!

Ambo should contact ngige for lessons on how to say NO to god fatherism.

When you don't have foot soldiers and strong political group you can't do shit
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by frugal(m): 8:11am On Sep 20, 2018
ChangetheChange:

He tried that. That's what led to all this. After Fashola, I guess Tinubu took precautionary measures. Ambode doesn't have the smarts of Fashola. He's not Saraki either. That said, I expect him to fight and stop begging or just go home if he's unwilling to.
Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by Dootty(m): 8:14am On Sep 20, 2018
ShobayoEmma:

Same Christian governor that sacked a pastor and sent him out of quarters under 24 hours which no Muslim governor not even military attempted because of his wife.
Besides there years is more than enough to complete projects instead of littering the whole place with uncompleted construction and turning Lagos to Syria.
Don't even get me started on mountain of refuse everywhere with it's attendant health implication. and fertile ground for epidemic.

Constructing a bus stop when the roads are bad not make any reasonable sense and building bus garages without buses and locking it up for two years does make sense.

Besides nobody has told him not to contest he wants automatic ticket like PMB.
How much is really spending on each bus stops we need to know cause it's ain't his father but Lagos money so cut out all this crap and bullshit about him been a Christian governor or working.

The fact is Lagos has always been lucky with Muslims governors from Jakande the first muslim civilian governor to military administrators Raji Rasaki and Buba Marwa and BAT and BRF whereas tenured of late Aigbe and even Oyinlola were marked with out any land mark changes.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu, APC Mount Pressure On Ambode To Step Down, Endorse Sanwo-olu by ukabam: 8:17am On Sep 20, 2018
I want to make it clear to everyone tinubu is not the only deciding factor for ambode, so even if tinubu should go on and endorse ambode by the end of the day he ambode may still not win the primary cause of the APC elders are not with him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Babachir Lawal In Villa, 13 Months After Sack / Tomorrow's Election: John Bray Addresses Nigerians In Pidgin / Buhari Cancels Scheduled Appearance Before House Of Reps

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.