Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,228 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:20 AM

Monuments To Failure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Monuments To Failure (886 Views)

Ndigbo: The Director Of Radio Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu Will Lead You To Failure. / Flags, Coats Of Arms, Symbols And Monuments Of Nigerian States. / Tunde Bakare Pushed Buhari To Failure With Ambition - Acn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Monuments To Failure by Chxta(m): 1:59pm On Jul 06, 2010
[img]http://3.bp..com/_b68JDf34_sQ/TDMZ4OZZZwI/AAAAAAAAAMk/tTIWQP8x6eM/s1600/2010-07-03+08.16.48.jpg[/img]

The harsh reality is that despite the fact that Bola Tinubu has become an albatross on the neck of Tunde Fashola, both of them have set a standard for governance in Nigeria. Projects started by the Tinubu administration (most notably the BRT transport service) were completed by the Fashola administration, and are being run creditably. Sadly, this example is not been replicated elsewhere and particularly not in Yenagoa, where the picture of this building was taken.

Source,
Re: Monuments To Failure by DisGuy: 2:13pm On Jul 06, 2010
Wetin be this? CHXTA back from exile!!
Re: Monuments To Failure by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2010
my sentiments exctly

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

been hearing you on smooth fm's freshly pressed
Re: Monuments To Failure by youngies(m): 2:44pm On Jul 06, 2010
Chixta, back in the days of yore cool

Welcome back!
Re: Monuments To Failure by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jul 06, 2010

The harsh reality is that despite the fact that Bola Tinubu has become an albatross on the neck of Tunde Fashola, both of them have set a standard for governance in Nigeria. Projects started by the Tinubu administration (most notably the BRT transport service) were completed by the Fashola administration, and are being run creditably. Sadly, this example is not been replicated elsewhere and particularly not in Yenagoa, where the picture of this building was taken.

offtopic - i have always stated that tinubu deserves some of the accolades fashola is receiving for the simple reason that some of the ongoing projects were conceived/conceptualised/blueprinted during tinubu's adminstartation

the bane of nigeria is continuity. practically no project survives beyond the concieving administaration

gas fired power plants were being constructed during obj's tenure - now they are all on hold. virgin nigeria got a license and a form of mou during obj's tenure - now they have been hounded out of nigeria. even the business of transcorp

on the surface, one may laud governnments for cancelling contracts and reversing sales - but the real story is no if your investnment does not roi during the administration it is concieved in, it is dead.

which is another reason why nigeria is an econmic basketcase
Re: Monuments To Failure by Chxta(m): 4:33pm On Jul 06, 2010
Thanks people. Yes, I'm back to this end. Had a long talk over the weekend that changed my stance on returning, so you'll be seeing some from me from time to time.
Re: Monuments To Failure by texazzpete(m): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2010
Chxta:

Thanks people. Yes, I'm back to this end. Had a long talk over the weekend that changed my stance on returning, so you'll be seeing some from me from time to time.

Dumbass. Coming back without calling me. I shoulda be the one to break the good news grin

ah well, one more forum for you and i to argue grin

(1) (Reply)

Tribal Scars Custom Drying Up In Nigeria ! / Jos Crisis: Yoruba Demand 100bn Compensation, National Conference / Obj Inducts Daniel Into The Ibo Papahood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.