Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,754 members, 7,831,419 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal (27437 Views)

Sokoto Senator Elect, Governor Tambuwal Collects His Results Sheet (Pics) / Governor Tambuwal Celebrates Victory With Family And Friends At Government House / Governor Tambuwal's Convoy Attacked In Sokoto, Man Killed (Graphic Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by kingjoe(m): 1:16pm On Sep 20, 2018
I don't know but my spirit prefers this man to all others
he is not controversial, calm and composed. relatively young and believes in project Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by wink2015(m): 1:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Nigeria need fresh ideas

Governor Aminu Waziri Tambuwal, presidential aspirant under the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) said that he forfeited his second term as a governor under the APC because of his commitment to the unity and development of Nigeria.

He made this known Ibadan, Oyo state during his campaign to the south west geo-political zone were he promised to provide purposeful and visionary leadership that will unite the country.

Tambuwal, who is also the governor of Sokoto state, told a mammoth crowd of PDP supporters and delegates at the Osun state party secretariat on Wednesday that there is the urgent need to provide a credible alternative that will oust the All Progressives Congress (APC) led government of Muhammadu Buhari which has failed in all ramifications.

“This country is at a cross road. We need leaders that can bring people together and reunite us, bring the country together and secure it.”

Tambuwal, who is also the immediate past speaker of the House of Representatives said: “ We need to also provide jobs for our teeming youths and women; there is a lot of poverty all over the land.

We know how PDP left the economy of this country and we know what is happening today. Don’t mind what they are telling you is just simple lie. The economy is not doing well. The fight against corruption is selective and indeed there are no jobs for our people. So have they not failed on their promises to our people?”
“I assure you that this ticket by all standards and by all measures is not going to be compared to that of Muhammadu Buhari. We have understanding of the dynamics of the Nigerian state, there is no part of this country that I have been to. We shall promote national unity and harmony”

He told the delegates that “I have a very good understanding of what it takes to provide leadership in Nigeria. I have the energy, the capacity in terms of experience I have been a member of the National Assembly for 12 years four of which I was the speaker, and I am now governor of Sokoto state I have garnered enough executive experience to pilot the affairs of this country. Not only that I have been very close to Nigerian judiciary I have been a lawyer who has practiced in many courts in this country so I have understanding of the workings of both the executive, legislature and the judiciary.”

“We will provide leadership in such a way that every Nigerian will be proud of the country. The security of this country has never been this bad, we shall also work to ensure that every Nigerian live in peace and harmony.”

Responding, an elder statesman and PDP stalwart, Alhaji Shuaibu Oyedokun who is also a member of the party’s BoT described Tambuwal as a legislative wizard, dynamic and patriotic person.

“He respects elders said the saddest day in his life was when Tambuwal left PDP and that one of his happiest day was when he heard that Tambuwal has returned to PDP. And that he came back stronger,” he said.
In Ibadan, Oyo state, governor Tambuwal told PDP delegates and journalists that he took the decision to forfeit his second term as a governor under the APC because of his commitment to the unity and development of Nigeria.

Why I forfeited my second term as a governor
“Yes, I am serving my first term as a governor of Sokoto state with the probability of winning a second term by 60-70 percent but because of my patriotism and commitment to the development of this country, I decided to not only volunteer but also heed to the calls of Nigerians not just to run for the presidency but also leave the APC which had majority in the north west and that is not a small decision that I decided to take because of my commitment to the unity of this country because things are not going well in Nigeria and we are all aware of it and we need to do something. It is for us to rally round and effect a change of government at the centre and that is my motivation.”

He acknowledged that Nigerian security services cannot protect the country because they understaffed and ill-equipped.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/09/why-i-forfeited-my-second-term-as-a-governor-tambuwal/

Governor Aminu Tambuwal must be high on CODEINE AND TRAMADOL!

He wants to be Nigeria President! That is laughable!

What track record does he have judging from his tenure as governor of Sokoto state.

Even Ex-President Shehu Aliyu Shagari have not come out to the public to give him the needed home support to become President.

Tambuwal does not believe in restructuring of the Nigeria federal structure or federalism.

He is a northern far right politician like Tanko Yakassai, El Rufai, Kwankwaso, Sule Lamido etc

If governor Aminu Tambuwal believe in the unity of Nigeria and its diversity he must be prepared to accept restructuring of the federation.

I call governor Aminu Tambuwal a JOKER as far as the office of the President which he is seeking for is concerned.

Tambuwal should retrace his step and go and seek for a second term as governor of Sokoto state if ever he can even win as a governor.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by IPassYahoo(m): 1:18pm On Sep 20, 2018
chrisxxx:

Tambuwal is just some few months older than you. What have you achieved?

How old do you think I am?.. the system favours Tambuwal so what is your say
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by ITbomb(m): 1:19pm On Sep 20, 2018
The Mole
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Adefemiaderoju1: 1:22pm On Sep 20, 2018
IPassYahoo:
Oga Tambuwal have you United the people of sokoto? Na the whole of Nigeria you want to unite.. you can never win in primary talkless of wining my local government
Don't mind the slowpoke
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Drabrah(m): 1:25pm On Sep 20, 2018
Wu's fooling wu?
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by georgelilian154(f): 1:27pm On Sep 20, 2018
This is pure PASSION.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by PassingShot(m): 1:28pm On Sep 20, 2018
HIGHESTPOPORI:
Says people without voters card,real voters are wise now
Year, real voters are truly wise now.

The more reason they deserted PDP in Ondo, Edo and Ekiti.

Osun will be worse for PDP grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by AODT(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
vecman22:

D country has been doom since the days of the drunked GEJ..

Nigeria will get better, better and ...GREAT. This is irrespective of your desire to see her fail.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Nobody: 2:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
excomarow:
Look at this Failure, Betrayal and selfish PDPigiot.

Wike don put this one for one chance. And the Mumu never seem to realise that.

Those that told you to run against Buhari are your enemy. I hope you know that.

After 2019, you will be forgotten like Namadi Sambo

Don't deceive ur self any further.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Quality20(m): 2:04pm On Sep 20, 2018
I really wonder how other aspirants would feel by d time wike chooses ds guy as d presidential flag bearer of PDP
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by excomarow(m): 2:09pm On Sep 20, 2018
PrecisionFx:

Don't deceive ur self any further.

You start seeing results from Osun Election
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by akdjr(m): 2:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
Make all the PDP aspirant help the less privilege with their money instead of wasting it to contest against Buhari that they can't even defeat even in their own state.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by adams123: 2:34pm On Sep 20, 2018
hmmmm. just missing late president Yar'Adua.
He was a good man, very detribalised! may his gentle soul rest in the highest part of paradise.

1 Like

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by adams123: 2:36pm On Sep 20, 2018
I don't have anyone in mind to vote for again.... am very disappointed in all of our so called political leaders galvanizing for our votes.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by hahn(m): 3:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Pavore9:
Why I forfeited my second term as a governor
“Yes, I am serving my first term as a governor of Sokoto state with the probability of winning a second term by 60-70 percent but because of my patriotism and commitment to the development of this country, I decided to not only volunteer but also heed to the calls of Nigerians not just to run for the presidency but also leave the APC which had majority in the north west and that is not a small decision that I decided to take because of my commitment to the unity of this country because things are not going well in Nigeria and we are all aware of it and we need to do something. It is for us to rally round and effect a change of government at the centre and that is my motivation.”
.......... cheesy cheesy

Bros how far na?
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Archbishop88: 3:46pm On Sep 20, 2018
In Jerry Hana's voice Am representing the youths. Tambuwal and others belongs to aged group
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Nobody: 3:51pm On Sep 20, 2018
vecman22:

D country has been doom since the days of the drunked GEJ..
Thank you for the observation and that is why we need to free ourselves and take our destinies into our hands at the more compatible regional levels. We must restructure!
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Pavore9: 3:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
hahn:

Bros how far na?

Hello, it has been a long while and am good ....how is your end?
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by hahn(m): 3:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
Pavore9:

Hello, it has been a long while and am good ....how is your end?

I am doing great o. Just wanted to reach out to my boss cheesy grin
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Pavore9: 4:02pm On Sep 20, 2018
hahn:

I am doing great o. Just wanted to reach out to my boss cheesy grin

Boss ké? shocked Na una be our chairman nah! cheesy cheesy
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by chrisxxx(m): 4:39pm On Sep 20, 2018
IPassYahoo:

How old do you think I am?.. the system favours Tambuwal so what is your say
If you r older than Tambuwal u have no right to abuse him. If you are younger aspire to achieve what he has.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by IPassYahoo(m): 5:01pm On Sep 20, 2018
chrisxxx:

If you r older than Tambuwal u have no right to abuse him. If you are younger aspire to achieve what he has.

Is there any meaning to what you have typed here ?

1 Like

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by chrisxxx(m): 5:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
IPassYahoo:

Is there any meaning to what you have typed here ?
It will make no meaning because of the differences in our bandwidth of rationalization.
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by dahmie2013: 5:14pm On Sep 20, 2018
U'll regret dis!
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Alanzazani: 5:55pm On Sep 20, 2018
Mehn this Buhari supporters are so aggressive. Politically immature. Everybody has the right t aspire to any office in the land. The man has expressed his constructional right them they hurl insults na wah o
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Justinah4real(f): 6:31pm On Sep 20, 2018
PassingShot:
PMB will win and win big.
Frustration of looters and their supporters will only increase.
Kokanye! grin grin

Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by hahn(m): 8:17pm On Sep 20, 2018
Pavore9:

Boss ké? shocked Na una be our chairman nah! cheesy cheesy

I like the humility but your secret has been exposed wink
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by Pavore9: 9:42pm On Sep 20, 2018
hahn:

I like the humility but your secret has been exposed wink

I hope say I neva enter gbege with my boss o!
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by searchlight: 11:53pm On Sep 20, 2018
the way zombies attack any presidential aspirant one wonders if they want the dullard to go unopposed
Re: Why I Forfeited My Second Term As A Governor – Tambuwal by hahn(m): 11:00am On Sep 21, 2018
Pavore9:

I hope say I neva enter gbege with my boss o!

Lol. Not at all. I thought about you and I am just checking up on you that's all.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Campaign Rally Held Today By Lagos State Gorvernor Akinwunmi Ambode And APC Memb / Rita Daniels Rallies Support For Lauretta Onochie, Decries Attacks / Police Arrest Cow For Murder In Ogun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.