Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

The Truth About Our Inner Lies. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Truth About Our Inner Lies. (281 Views)

What Lies Beneath / Lies Torn Us Apart 18+ / Lies From Pretty Lips (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Truth About Our Inner Lies. by LiveWireForum: 1:03pm On Sep 20, 2018
In most cases our greatest enemy lies within us. Have you ever wondered how powerful our mind is and the big role it plays on what we become and what we can achieve in life. It's like our mind knows all our secrets because only the mind knows who we really are. Most people do sabotage their own careers and their progress or should I say success by those excuses and lies they keep telling themselves I'm trying to tell you this today that what we continuously tell ourselves unconsciously that is negative is more damaging to us than what someone else will say. Come to think of it some of us don't even have an idea that we are continuously feeding ourselves with lies that can be destructive to our future or present making us to be afraid of success or maybe we don't think we deserve it that's why we keep telling our subconscious that is not possible to achieve success.
Whatever the reason might be, once we get rid of all these lies we keep telling ourselves,it eventually start to move forward like an arrow with a direction, you will start getting what you want from life and I tell you today, self awareness is the first thing and the first stage you have to take towards making great change. I ask you today what lies have you been telling yourself that have stopped you from reaching your potentials. I have made a list of some certain points and see if you are familiar with any of the lies you keep telling yourself (me inclusive)

*Telling yourself that you're not good enough.
I know every one of us must have heard of the word self esteem, yes without it, it's easy to think that you're not worthy enough or not intelligent enough, maybe not beautiful enough and that you can't be a successful in life. The truth about us is when we want to make a drastic change we start looking around other options and the other people who have succeeded in it and will forget to realise that our minds subconsciously put that to record, and we come to all sorts of conclusions and reasoning trying to pick out one or two points why they have succeeded so as to lower down our self-esteem to tell us why we can't do the same.
The problem with us humans is that we often make mistakes by comparing ourselves with others and therefore end up deciding to ourselves that we do not have what it takes to succeed, but I tell you today that that's a big lie. We are higher beings and we are good enough evenClick hear to continue

(1) (Reply)

1: RHETORICS / About Us : Miss Face Of The World / Why Do People's Feelings Change? | Shontellybee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.