Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,806 members, 7,820,820 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:30 PM

I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? (4197 Views)

How To Create Android Apps From Scratch / What's Tools Do I Need To Start Building A Messaging App / Check These Two Interesting Android Apps I Developed From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by samzy(m): 6:59pm On Oct 01, 2018
Olalekank:
Hey there. I'm so glad you're interested in learning how to write android apps!

First off, I was using a laptop of 4gb, Intel Pentium and 500gb internal memory. I was able to write code for android using this. Android development over the years have evolved that with JavaScript, C#, java, you can now write android apps. After my laptop crashed due to hard disk problem, I switched to a core i5 7th gen, 8gb ram and 1tb. They were both able to serve me well.

I'd recommend Flutter because you can write your code in vscode as well as the fact that it's from Google themselves. The installation of android studio is needed though but you'd hardly ever use it.

To start, you'd need to visit flutter.io then you'd need to install android studio, vscode, download the flutter SDK.

Kindly head on to flutter.io to learn and read about how to get started. Once you have the tools up and ready, you can head on to udacity to watch their flutter tutorials.

You can pm me for more details as well as for a link to download some high grade videos.

Good luck and wishing you the best, hopefully I'd start the flutter community here on nairaland soon if it doesn't exist yet.

i need your help on the installation process abeg whatsapp: 08065057564
Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by Olalekank(m): 10:14pm On Oct 01, 2018
Olalekank:

First off, I was using a laptop of 4gb, Intel Pentium and 500gb internal memory. I was able to write code for android using this. Android development over the years have evolved that with JavaScript, C#, java, you can now write android apps. After my laptop crashed due to hard disk problem, I switched to a core i5 7th gen, 8gb ram and 1tb. They were both able to serve me well.

I'd recommend Flutter because you can write your code in vscode as well as the fact that it's from Google themselves. The installation of android studio is needed though but you'd hardly ever use it.

To start, you'd need to visit flutter.io then you'd need to install android studio, vscode, download the flutter SDK.

Kindly head on to flutter.io to learn and read about how to get started. Once you have the tools up and ready, you can head on to udacity to watch their flutter tutorials.

You can pm me for more details as well as for a link to download some high grade videos.

Good luck and wishing you the best, hopefully I'd start the flutter community here on nairaland soon if it doesn't exist yet.

For those in Lagos, I've a video series here in Lagos.
Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by Ayodele951(m): 11:57pm On Oct 01, 2018
Olalekank:

How can i get it. I stay in Ikorodu.
Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by YorubaEmir: 11:50am On Oct 03, 2018
Olalekank:

Interested! I stay in Yaba. How do I get it
Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by YorubaEmir: 11:02am On Oct 24, 2018
OK guys. I went for Android studio because of the videos and reviews I saw on different platforms. Android studio seems to be loaded with enough features... Too many one may not finish exploring. I would say the most complex of apps can be done on Android Studio and yes Android studio is Google's own software. They make use of Gradle technology which means if you make changes to your code, the compiler doesn't need to compile all the codes again... It'll just compile the changes you've made . The whole idea is just to make compilation faster.
Anyway, because of too many features loaded in the software, you need a real good system to handle all the Gradle building and emulator stuffs.
I had to dispose my two systems which were terribly slow and got another PC... A core i7 (2.8 GHz can clock above 3.1GHz on turbo boost ), 8 Gb RAM , 500 GB HDD with a Radeon graphics card.. #100k is too cheap for a system with these specs and I forgot to mention it came with fingerprint sensor . It's a refurbished Toshiba.

I'd say Android Studio just became as fast as notepad grin

Eazycash was right afterall. If you're on core i5 , depending on the gen, you might want to use a 10 GB RAM. A graphics card (GPU) is also a plus as it will speed up the emulator processes

With a much lower system, you can develop Android apps. Flutter doesn't require much resources.. an average system can handle it. Flutter codes works for both Android and iOS ..

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by Snwokenk: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2018
Try Dart 2 language with flutter framework

or React Native.

you can build both android and ios with one codebase

1 Like

Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by YorubaEmir: 9:22am On Nov 11, 2018
Nice
Re: I Want To Start Building Android Apps. What Kits Do I Need? by Olalekank(m): 7:09am On Nov 13, 2018
Olalekank:

So we are officially LIVE and our first study jam is coming up soon.
You can join the WhatsApp group here

https://chat.whatsapp. com/Eaxh7gh2jN33D678s3FMvw

Close the space between the "." And the "com"

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Can I Get Books On Programing In Lagos / [advice request]Would You Recommend Mini Laptop For Programming? / Let Share Codes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.