Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,180 members, 7,845,873 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. (335 Views)

Reno Omokri: Obidients Are Not Capable Of Seeing Reason Except It Favours Them / Fuel Subsidy Favours The Rich More Than The Poor – Tinubu / Dokpesi, Others Sells Atiku One-Term Presidency, Explains How It Favours SE (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. by Festy8: 8:10pm On Sep 20, 2018
"Certificate Dichotomy in my country,how it favours the Political class"

I have been resisting the temptation to write on this topic.

The people who wrote the Nigeria constitution did so to favour the political class, if you had studied the constitution you will agree with me without cause to reservation.

The Nigeria constitution affirmed "Certificate dichotomy" as a concession to the political class, how did the constitution do this? By stating the "SSCE" as the minimum requirement into the highest elected offices in the land.

“A person shall be qualified for election to the Office of President if: (a) He is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) He has attained the age of forty years; (c) He is a member of a political party and is sponsored by that political party; and (d) He has been educated up to at least SCHOOL CERTIFICATE LEVEL OR ITS EQUIVALENT .” – Section 131 of the 1999 constitution.

The constitution did not however state that a candidate must pass the exams.

For us on the other side, we are required by law not to only seat for the exams but to ensure will have a credit in 5subjects including Mathematics and English language to get admission into the tertiary institutions.

When we are seeking for jobs there is dichotomy in our classes of degrees,the society discriminate the nature of awarding institutions e. g University vs Polytechnic Dichotomy.

But the constitution was silent on grades of candidates seeking elective positions,meaning if one had F9 in nine subjects,he or she is still eligible to vie for an office.so far there is an evidence he or she sat for the exams.

If one wants to dwell on the NYSC certificate and the issues surrounding it, that will expose another concession to the political class.

In a country,whose constitution gave priority to some group of persons that country is not expected to grow.

Okosun Osemudiamen.
Uromi Voice Ambassador/Moderator.

Mynd44

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. by Omololu001: 8:23pm On Sep 20, 2018
Millions of money has been released by the APC,they wanna spend a lot of money to win the governorship election.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. by Festy8: 8:50pm On Sep 20, 2018
Omololu001:
Millions of money has been released by the APC,they wanna spend a lot of money to win the governorship election.
Politics in Nigeria is a serious business my brother
Re: Political Dichotomy In My Country,how It Favours The Political Class. by Festy8: 9:34am On Nov 14, 2018
Omololu001:
lol

(1) (Reply)

New Minimum Wage: NULGE Joins NLC To Commence Nationwide Strike Tomorrow. / #osundecides2018: Woman Caught With PVC Of Another Unit Attempting To Vote / 2019: ‘i’m Nigeria’s Next President’– Kwankwaso Declares In Plateau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.