Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,243 members, 7,953,923 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 08:57 AM

Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. (1762 Views)

Woman Shows Off 28 Big Snakes, Calls Them Her Best Friends (photos, Video) / Is This How Big Monitor Lizards Are? / "My Kinsmen Are Killing My Snakes" - Ebonyi Man Cries Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 1:23am On Sep 21, 2018
In an unassuming house on France's River Loire, a cobra lives on the coffee table, a 50kg tortoise roams the garden and a two-metre (seven-foot) alligator sleeps in the owner's bed while another keeps watch at the door.
Over two decades, 67-year-old reptile enthusiast Philippe Gillet has amassed a collection of more than 400 phobia-inducing animals, including rattlesnakes, tarantulas and lizards in his home in western France near the city of Nantes.
Gillet says the two alligators, named Ali and Gator, were rescued from a leather farm but most of the animals are pets that outstayed their welcome elsewhere and have been abandoned or donated.
"I think it's unfair to treat these animals the way we do because we don't understand them," he said after feeding chicken to his alligators.
"We don't understand them, we hate them, we think they're horrible. But when we get to know them, you can call them over, tell them to come and eat something for example."
Gillet says he has all the necessary permits to keep and transport the animals for roadshows which he runs to raise awareness about reptiles. He insists the locals do not mind their unusual neighbours and regularly pop in for coffee, safe in the knowledge that the most dangerous snakes are kept in a room behind two sets of doors.
But the local fire department is more cautious: they are under instructions not to enter his house in an emergency.

Cc; lalasticlala , mynd44
Source: https://m.khaleejtimes.com/international/europe/man-shares-home-with-400-snakes-lizards

Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 2:11am On Sep 21, 2018
More Pictures
lalasticlala

Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 2:12am On Sep 21, 2018
More Shots
Seun

Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by crossfm: 2:35am On Sep 21, 2018
He should continue.all can say is that we need stories that touches the heart grin grin
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by ouzo1(m): 2:39am On Sep 21, 2018
Me likely some day.. I just love reptiles
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Emvico34: 2:51am On Sep 21, 2018
he who lives with the snake, shall die by the snake. continue

1 Like

Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by markidoo(m): 4:37am On Sep 21, 2018
for we shall thread over snakes and scorpions and no harm will befall us.
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 5:39am On Sep 21, 2018
crossfm:
He should continue.all can say is that we need stories that touches the heart grin grin
hahaha! He's safe with his pets sir
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 5:42am On Sep 21, 2018
Emvico34:
he who lives with the snake, shall die by the snake. continue
die kor die ni.. Snakes are lovely pets in case you don't know, most especially Pythons... Find time to study them then try getting one (python) you'd actually love the experience.
Note: I don't advise that you go for a venomous snake like Cobra... Python is just better. Best of luck!!!
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 5:44am On Sep 21, 2018
yes ooo @markidoo
Actually, they are quite submissive to humans and lovely pets they are.
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 5:45am On Sep 21, 2018
ouzo1:
Me likely some day.. I just love reptiles
get one soon sir and do created a thread for it... Hahaha!!!
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by crossfm: 6:58am On Sep 21, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
hahaha! He's safe with his pets sir
himm.if u say so,but God knows that I can't even be a neighbour to such fellow.
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by dbos11(m): 7:14am On Sep 21, 2018
Chaai. i just don't know why people like buying death insurance for themselves
Please what companionship does reptiles have with humans
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 10:53am On Sep 21, 2018
crossfm:
himm.if u say so,but God knows that I can't even be a neighbour to such fellow.
lols! That's your nature.
I love Pythons sha... Come join the gang mehn
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by crossfm: 10:56am On Sep 21, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
lols! That's your nature.
I love Pythons shla... Come join the gang mehn
lol.thanks
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by rumenase(m): 12:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
die kor die ni.. Snakes are lovely pets in case you don't know, most especially Pythons... Find time to study them then try getting one (python) you'd actually love the experience.
Note: I don't advise that you go for a venomous snake like Cobra... Python is just better. Best of luck!!!

wow I thought you loved just dogs well I have a python for you if you need I can give to you at no cost at all.
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 12:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Johnsainty(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2018
Hmmm na once e dey happen, later u will hear owner got killed by his reptiles... Dis animals no know the difference between owner and food..all na chop.. grin
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Gallantchrist(m): 5:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
I see
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 6:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
Johnsainty:
Hmmm na once e dey happen, later u will hear owner got killed by his reptiles... Dis animals no know the difference between owner and food..all na chop.. grin
grin grin they are harmless and nice pets ooo when given proper trainings tongue... The only situations they can be dangerous is when you just go into the wild to capture them with the mind of training them as pets, omo that can be really dangerous grin.... But once they have been domesticated from when they were few weeks old then I can say they'd make a very good pet grin cheesy

I know of a vet here in Lagos who has about 3pythons and he has been rearing them for years, his name is Mark Ofua... The Pythons are children friendly sef there has been no casualties ever since he started breeding the Pythons wink
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Johnsainty(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
grin grin they are harmless and nice pets ooo when given proper trainings tongue... The only situations they can be dangerous is when you just go into the wild to capture them with the mind of training them as pets, omo that can be really dangerous grin.... But once they have been domesticated from when they were few weeks old then I can say they'd make a very good pet grin cheesy

I know of a vet here in Lagos who has about 3pythons and he has been rearing them for years, his name is Mark Ofua... The Pythons are children friendly sef there has been no casualties ever since he started breeding the Pythons wink
Ok I hear you but as a Nigerian...na death sentence o..d day wey e go happen hmmmm..perhaps Mr mark should acquire a black mamba... kiss
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Nobody: 12:06am On Sep 22, 2018
LALASTICLALA'S MENTOR.
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 4:41am On Sep 22, 2018
R2bees:
LALASTICLALA'S MENTOR.
lalasticlala na one kind novice snake eater jare... If snake show for hin domot he go tear race nii na after 30minutes he go come run back sey he wan kill d snake... Smh grin grin
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 22, 2018
AfricaNigerian:
lalasticlala na one kind novice snake eater jare... If snake show for hin domot he go tear race nii na after 30minutes he go come run back sey he wan kill d snake... Smh grin grin
LMAO!!! he can only get better shaa..
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by AfricaNigerian: 9:27am On Oct 13, 2018
R2bees:
LMAO!!! he can only get better shaa..
abi na grin
Re: Man Shares Home With 400 Snakes, Lizards. by ciro11(m): 10:01am On Sep 03, 2020
Probably what lalasticlala would do in the future

(1) (Reply)

Can Anyone Help Me Identify The Breed Of This Dog / Book Your Puppy / Fairly Trained Male Gsd Waiting For The Lucky Buyer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.