Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,223 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:43 PM

You Need Grace For Praise - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / You Need Grace For Praise (278 Views)

Osinbajo Preaches Mercy, Grace For Nigeria In Christmas Day Message / Grace For Living Daily Devotion / The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

You Need Grace For Praise by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 7:39am On Sep 21, 2018
You Need Grace For Praise

Every benefit we receive from God is by grace; and you can't see grace and not praise Him.

But there is something that stops the flow of God's grace to you – Sin! 

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? Romans 6:1

Paul's quick response to this question was, "God forbid." 

The grace of God is made available, to help you out of sin.

You need to be free from sin for your praise to be acceptable to God, because the praise of "the wicked" (sinner) is noise in the ears of God.

The Bible tells us in Psalm 7:11 that God is angry with the wicked every day. Praising someone who is angry with you gets him even more angry.

Now that you have encountered a great insight on praise, to enjoy the benefits it carries, you must first deal with every enmity between you and God.

The same God that responds to prayer is the same One that responds to praise.

If when you hide iniquity in your heart, He does not hear your prayers, will He now celebrate you in praise?

The Bible describes God thus: 
Thou art of purer eyes than to behold evil, and canst not look on iniquity...  Habakkuk 1:13

This attribute of God is what provoked the Psalmist to ask: 

Lord, who shall abide in thy tabernacle? who shall dwell in thy holy hill?

He that walketh uprightly, and worketh righteousness, and speaketh the truth in his heart.

He that backbiteth not with his tongue, nor doeth evil to his neighbour, nor taketh up a reproach against his neighbour.  Psalm 15:1–3 

Righteousness is your gateway to enjoying any benefit from God.

Since He won't behold iniquity, your praises to Him in iniquity won't be acceptable before Him.

He couldn't even behold His only begotten Son on the cross when He bore the sins of the whole world upon Himself how then would He listen to you when you praise Him in sin?

Every grace of God thrives on righteousness.

Praise provides an access into the presence and blessings of God; but it is righteousness that secures it.

Every blessing from God requires righteousness to be released.

Similarly, every principle of God produces on the platform of righteousness, which is God's foundation (2 Timothy 2:19).

Jesus came to this earth, full of unction and wonders; and His cardinal mission was contained in His name – to save His people from their sins (Matthew.1:21).

Redemption is principally the healing of the sin–sickness.

So, the price for righteousness has been fully paid. Every slavery to sin now is by the individual's choice.

The reason why God will punish any Christian that continues in sin is because it is his choice to sin.

Jesus already fully paid the price for sin, hence the Bible tells us:

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for ye are not under the law, but under grace. Romans 6:14 

If you were helpless against sin, it would be wicked for God to punish you for what you are not capable of controlling.

But the victory over sin was accomplished two thousand years ago on Calvary!

So, if you are in adultery today, it is because you choose to remain in it. You are not helpless against sin. It is your choice to steal, that is why you stole.

I would like you to see the subject of sin as a choice. Only then can you exercise dominion over it.

Every sin you commit after you have accepted Christ is purely by choice. Satan is not to be blamed and neither is the circumstance you find yourself.

James said:
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:

But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.

Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death. James 1:13–15 

So look at that thing that is trying to lure you away from your Father's house and say to it, "I have the final say, Satan shut up!" 

New birth turns your helplessness into helpfulness. It makes you a man of choice. New creation makes you a creature of choice.

You have escaped the kingdom of darkness and are now resident in the kingdom of His own dear Son (Colossians. 1:13).

The kingdom of choice, where everything that happens to you is by your choice (Deuteronomy. 30:19).

As long as you live in sin, your praise has no access to God. The melody therein is nothing but a croaking noise in the ears of God.

But when you sign in for righteousness, your praise will deliver amazing results to you any day!

The foundation of God for prosperity is, "Depart from iniquity" (2 Timothy.2:19). 

He that covereth his sins shall not prosper... Proverbs 28:13

The foundation of God for answered prayers is, "Depart from iniquity." 

If I regard iniquity in my heart, the Lord will not hear me: Psalm 66:18 

The foundation of God for peace is, "Depart from iniquity." 

There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked. Isaiah 57:21 

The foundation of God for success is, "Depart from iniquity." 

Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.

But his delight is in the law of the Lord; and in his law doth he meditate day and night.

And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. Psalm 1:1–3 

The foundation of God for every form of grace available to us in redemption is the same – "Depart from iniquity."

I curse whatever it is that is deceiving you and making you think that you are helpless against sin and that deadly habit, in Jesus' name!

The moment Jesus said, "It is finished" on the cross, sin lost its dominion over humanity.

So, when a man gives his life to Christ, sin becomes helpless, and he becomes a man of authority, walking in absolute dominion over sin!

Every sin is a choice, every habit is a choice. May you make the right choice!

When your choice is made, Satan is finished. Make the right choice, and you'll live the right life.

You need grace to praise God acceptably. You cannot see grace and not praise. But you cannot see grace, if you continue in sin.

And the less grace you see, the less praise you can offer, and afflictions soon takes over.

Grace is the stimulant for praise; and sin is the enemy of grace. So, if you must continue in praise, then you must continually embrace righteousness.

You won't miss God anymore! I see sin loose its grip off your destiny! You won't suffer afflictions in life any more!

Amen!

#Understanding The Power Of Praise.

However to enjoy these benefits you MUST be born again...

A Sinner's Prayer for Salvation and Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Heavenly Father, I come to You in the Name of Jesus. Your Word says, "...whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved" (Acts 2:21).

I am calling on You. I pray and ask Jesus to come into my heart and be Lord over my life according to Romans 10:9-10.

"If thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved." I do that now.

I confess that Jesus is Lord, and I believe in my heart that God raised Him from the dead.

I am now reborn! I am a Christian—a child of Almighty God! I am saved!

You also said in Your Word, "If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: HOW MUCH MORE shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?" (Luke 11:13).

I'm also asking You to fill me with the Holy Spirit. Holy Spirit, rise up within me as I praise God. I fully expect to speak with other tongues as You give me the utterance (Acts 2:4).

(Begin to praise God for filling you with the Holy Spirit. Speak those words and syllables you receive—not in your own language, but the language given to you by the Holy Spirit. You have to use your own voice. God will not force you to speak.)

Now you are a Spirit-filled believer. Continue with the blessing God has given you and pray in tongues each day. You'll never be the same!

Please share❤

I C M...

We Are The Liberation Army, Reloaded!

Helpline, +2348126401351

Jesus is Lord!
Re: You Need Grace For Praise by PastorDavidAwuj(m): 5:51am On Sep 22, 2018
Review...

(1) (Reply)

God Has Not Been Answering My Prayers Because My Wife Is A Devil - Pastor Cries / This Is Reality - 2nd Oct 2018 / Prayer Points On Today's Open Heavens: Tuesday, October 30,2018

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.