Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,607 members, 7,809,219 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved (524 Views)

Is Baptism Necessary For Salvation? / Prophet Abiara And Grace Ojewande's Wedding Photo As He Remarries / What's The Difference Between Grace And Mercy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved by jesusjnr2020(m): 3:36pm On Aug 13, 2021
The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved

The grace for salvation could also be called the grace for a sinner, while that for the saved could be called the grace for the righteous, because the unsaved are called the sinners while the saved are righteous.

The grace for salvation is that which God gave to the world to save them from the consequence of sin, which is eternal death.

John 3:16 (KJV)

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

To receive this grace and not perish, one must believe in the only begotten Son of God which is Jesus, and believing in Him in the right interpretation, means to obey Him, in other words to keep His Word.

John 8:31 (KJV)

Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;

John 8:51

Verily, verily, I say unto you, If a man keep my saying, he shall never see death.

It is after anyone has believed in Jesus in the sense of keeping His Words, and consequently become saved, that the person would now be given the grace of God for the saved, even the righteous, which is the Spirit of God.

That is to enable the saved person to successfully carry out the assignment given to him by God, also to remain steadfast and unwavering in the faith.

Acts 1:8 (KJV)

But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

This grace is not given to the unsaved or sinners, but to those saved or the righteous even those who believe in Jesus and keep His Words.

John 14:17 (KJV)

Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

This was the Grace that came upon the disciples of Christ on the day of Pentecost as Jesus had said, which enabled to carry out the assignment given to them by God. Acts 2.

This is the grace that God spoke about to Paul when He said, "my Grace is sufficient for you". 2 Corinthians 12:9.

It's the Spirit of God hence the saying of God, "not by might nor by power, but by my Spirit" Zechariah 4:6

It is the help God provides for those who have done what was required to be saved, hence anyone who desires to have this Grace, must first do what it takes to become saved, because it's only meant for the righteous and saved, not the unsaved or those who were yet sinners.

John 1:12 (KJV)

But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

God bless.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved by KaideeGee(m): 4:04pm On Aug 13, 2021
The Grace for sinners is the grace to meet Christ?
That for Disciples is the grace to keep GOD'S commands?
Re: The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved by jesusjnr2020(m): 7:46am On Aug 14, 2021
KaideeGee:
The Grace for sinners is the grace to meet Christ?
That for Disciples is the grace to keep GOD'S commands?
Don't get your point
Re: The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved by jesusjnr2020(m): 8:34am On Aug 22, 2021
The world (the unsaved) cannot receive the Grace of God for the saved which is the Spirit of God. John 14:17 (KJV)
Re: The Difference Between Grace For Salvation And Grace For The Saved by Kobojunkie: 3:03am On Nov 22, 2023
KaideeGee:
The Grace for sinners is the grace to meet Christ? That for Disciples is the grace to keep GOD'S commands?
Huh? undecided

There is only two kinds of grace that are present in this life. The first is the temporary life you received when you were conceived. Everyone born into this world receives that life. undecided

The second grace is the Eternal Life which only those who are born-again can receive by way of Jesus Christ and it is neverending. Now ofcourse that is the same grace that those who will eventually end up in Eternal damnation equally possess. undecided

(1) (Reply)

. / Your Dreams And Spiritual Warfare / If There Is Freewill In Heaven Wouldn't Be Long Before Another Rebellion Starts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.