Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,036 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:15 AM

Why 57 LG Chairmen In Lagos Are Behind Me – Sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why 57 LG Chairmen In Lagos Are Behind Me – Sanwo-olu (320 Views)

“So You Won’t Greet Me?” - Sanwo Olu Jokingly Asks Mr. Macaroni At An Event -Vid / Emmanuel: My Mum Told Me Sanwo-Olu Is My Father, Says 27-year-old Man / Ambode Faces Impeachment As 57 LG Chairmen Endorse Jide Sanwoolu For Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1)

Why 57 LG Chairmen In Lagos Are Behind Me – Sanwo-olu by edunwablog: 8:19am On Sep 21, 2018
The All Progressives Congress (APC) Lagos State governorship aspirant, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, on Thursday confirmed that he has the support of the 57 local government chairmen.

He, however, refuted speculations that they were doing so for monetary gains.

The former commissioner is being backed by the Mandate Movement, a group loyal to APC national leader, Bola Tinubu, who had allegedly endorsed Babajide Sanwo-Olu to succeed Governor Akinwunmi Ambode.

A statement by the Media Director of Babajide Sanwo-Olu Campaign Organisation (BOSCO), Olusesan Daini, said it welcomed various endorsements and support with excitement.

The statement said: “We are reading all sorts of lies, distortions of facts and some falsehood posts on social media aimed at disparaging our movement and our leader.

“But we have decided not to respond to them because most of the posts are without authors. Rather than dissipate energy on all that, we have concentrated work on mobilising our base and preparing everyone for the election.

“Some party leaders who have openly identified with Mr. Sanwo-Olu include former minister and notable politicians, Mr. Ademola Seriki, Senator Gbenga Ashafa (Lagos East Senatorial District), former House of Representatives member Monsuru Owolabi (Bertola) and several current House of Representatives members; a one-time Commissioner for Finance, Mr. Wale Edun, frontline politician Mr. Shakirudeen Sola Giwa, Cardinal Omolaja Odumbaku (Baba Eto) among others.

“We expressed joy and excitement at the outpouring of love from Lagosians, particularly the torrent of endorsements from various political and socio-economic groups across the state and several Lagosians living in the Diaspora. It is a confirmation that the people of Lagos are fully in support of my aspiration to administer the state as governor.”

“Apart from Conference 57, which listed the sterling qualities of the aspirant and stood behind him from the beginning, many other political associations and groups have come out to declare their support for him ahead of the party primary elections.

“We have received calls from hundreds of notable politicians from across Lagos State, declaring their love for the choice of Sanwo-Olu. Some have actually written us letters to pledge their support and to endorse our man. Just yesterday (Wednesday), the Private Sector Participants (PSP) operators in Lagos issued a statement to applaud the choice of Sanwo-Olu, whom many have described as a great administrator, a listening leader and a man of character.”

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/why-57-lg-chairmen-in-lagos-are-behind.html

Re: Why 57 LG Chairmen In Lagos Are Behind Me – Sanwo-olu by Baawaa(m): 8:24am On Sep 21, 2018
*:::FEYIKOGBON 2019:::*

When opportunity fall right infront of you like a fruit and whole lot of people contributed to your achievement, do not neglect them because you might need them back and they will certainly remind you of your antecedent.

Politics in Nigeria is designed to serve three classes (the people, the party members and yourself). Do not not fail in any of the three because you can be consumed with it and also do not try to be perfect in them because you can be consumed either.

Let me urge office holders and seekers of offices, *"Oh yee in power remember three things while in office; The people�‍�‍�‍�, The members of your political party and Yourself". ENI TI O BAA NI ETI��KI O GB'O OUN TI EMIN NSO FUN AWON IJO*

1.�The people are the electorates who voted for or against you. Do what will affects their lives directly or indirectly positively so that when you seek reelection you will have what to point to.

2.�Members of your political party closer or far to you should not be neglected because they campaign, mobilize, and canvases for votes in their various polling units during raining/sunshine time. Remember them irrespective of their different ideology and caucus. Party members do a lot to help candidates win even when some of them don't like the candidate.

3.�When I say, do for yourself, not what everyone is thinking it beyond that. Certainly politicians know how to satisfy themselves while in office but when they leave office most of them begin to loose skin and colour like snake that ate poison.
*Abooro L'aso F'omo lua'bi.*

Some politicians only do horserace when elections come around because they have neglected their community, party members but only take good care of themselves alone.

No man is perfect, do your best and leave the rest.
*ATI NAN PETEPETE NI POPA ENI TOBA TA'BA KOMA FI SE IBINU*

*JUST TO MOVE MINDS*
Re: Why 57 LG Chairmen In Lagos Are Behind Me – Sanwo-olu by Mynd44: 8:29am On Sep 21, 2018

(1)

Tragedy: Kidnapped Catholic Priest Dies Four Days After Release In Delta(pics) / An Account Of The Trials Of Atiku The Son Of Abubakar / Osun Decides:aga Candidate Appreciate His Supporters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.