Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,223 members, 7,953,857 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 07:51 AM

Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). - Islam for Muslims (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). (44633 Views)

Abdukareem Abdullah Is Dead: Igbo Muslims In Enugu Mourn Death Of Chief Imam / Lagos Lockdown: Muslim Worshippers Shout 'Allahu Akbar'', Attack Officers / Bloodbath As Muslims In Oyo Fight Over Praying Ground In Igboora, Ibarapa East (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by abduljabbar4(m): 5:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
ngadaAwo:
grin abduljabbar4
Cowardgrin
Once im done exhausting my 5gig i will open your chapter
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by ollah2: 5:22pm On Sep 21, 2018
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
shatap

AN OVERVIEW OF THE CHRISTIAN GOD

1. Creates Adam and Eve
2. Creates the Devil
3. Populates the world through incest
4. Surprised the Devil exists
5. CLueless about how to Deal with the Devil (He created)
6. Drowns the entire planet, saving just one family of a very very skilIful ship builder (Noah's family)
7. Populates the world through incest... Again
8. Sends diseases, starvations, plagues, tsunamis, etc
9. Still bewildered by the Devils existence
10. Blames the Devil... That he created
11. Rapes a married virgin, so she will give birth to himself as his own son, so that people can torture and kilL him/his son... So that he can forgive us from sins...
(Sins in which he created)
12. Claims to love us all unconditionally, but threaten us with helI if we don't Love him back... what kind of confused and irresponsible God is this?

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by ollah2: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
ngadaAwo:
[s][/s]
trash trash trash

allahu akubar

jesu is lord boom destroyed Iraq

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by tasteofcash: 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
abduljabbar4:

All those words remind me of the time when your dog sent david to massacre all the canaanites but spare and rrape the virgins (and live some for him to fvck). Even jehova likes puccigrin
77 virgins waiting for u as reward for being a terrorist, murderer, rapist, hahahahahahahahaha. islam religion of piss, illiterate 17th century set of folks
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by budaatum: 12:13am On Sep 22, 2018
mynairaland2018:
There was a time in the late 90's oro worshippers attacked christians in iseyin too.

I think people are missing the point. I don't believe in violence, but when oro is declared by the king, everyone should stay home as instructed. That is also their own religious practice and they believe the town & their families will be cursed without it. All these clashes never happened in the days of our fore fathers. People nowadays want to be confrontational on purpose, just because.

Christians and muslims need to be respectful and learn tolerance. No one complains when christians get Christmas holidays & preach in public spaces or muslims block the whole road during their Friday prayers. It's an inconvenience to their non adherents too.
Thank you o. After all oro is done in the middle of the night when everyone is in bed and after much warning. But since when did Muslims start doing midnight Mosque?

The oro people should not have gone so far too though, unless people were disregarding their warnings, and even then!
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by Empiree: 3:11pm On Sep 23, 2018
La Hawla walaquwata ila bilah

Pathetic
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by tintingz(m): 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2018
mynairaland2018:
There was a time in the late 90's oro worshippers attacked christians in iseyin too.

I think people are missing the point. I don't believe in violence, but when oro is declared by the king, everyone should stay home as instructed. That is also their own religious practice and they believe the town & their families will be cursed without it. All these clashes never happened in the days of our fore fathers. People nowadays want to be confrontational on purpose, just because.

Christians and muslims need to be respectful and learn tolerance. No one complains when christians get Christmas holidays & preach in public spaces or muslims block the whole road during their Friday prayers. It's an inconvenience to their non adherents too.
Oro practice should be ban, it's against freedom of movement.

Christianity and Islam festivals don't force people from going to thier various places, why is Oro doing it opposite? Is that tolerance?

I'm not a Christian nor a Muslim, but this archaic practice that's against human right should be ban.

I wonder why the government is doing nothing about this nonsense.
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by tintingz(m): 3:38pm On Sep 26, 2018
budaatum:

Thank you o. After all oro is done in the middle of the night when everyone is in bed and after much warning. But since when did Muslims start doing midnight Mosque?

The oro people should not have gone so far too though, unless people were disregarding their warnings, and even then!
Oro is against human right, wether it's done in the night or day, it's not an excuse. There is freedom of movement in the country, why is that being overlooked when it comes to Oro practice?

Nigeria is govern by the Constitution not some ancient law.
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by budaatum: 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2018
tintingz:
Oro is against human right, wether it's done in the night or day, it's not an excuse. There is freedom of movement in the country, why is that being overlooked when it comes to Oro practice?

Nigeria is govern by the Constitution not some ancient law.
Good point. Just that that same constitution guarantees the freedom to practise ones religion, except oro went way too far and should be arrested and charged.

Any updates?
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by tintingz(m): 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2018
budaatum:

Good point. Just that that same constitution guarantees the freedom to practise ones religion, except oro went way too far and should be arrested and charged.

Any updates?
Yes, there's freedom of religion but that freedom shouldn't affect people's affairs.

Muslims and christians also have their own.

And what updates bro?

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by Empiree: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2018
This is why Yoruba version of oba can not be in ilorin with this type of foolishness. Some of the Yoruba practices are outdated. Therefore, the idea of agemo in ijebu and Oro (whereever it is practiced) should be scraped.

Muslims and Christians don't have the idea of forcing folks from movement but they do have what is called "road block".

Therefore, Oro should keep their festival within compound of their leaders not the community. If they can't, then, such religion should be ABOLISHED.

We only complied with Agemo rules back then out of respect for them, which is, women can not go outside or see their rituals. They need to do their Oro and Agemo in the bushes. Abi no be Igbo Oro dey live again?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by yemoxy: 11:06am On Sep 27, 2018
otherway:

Over the years i have realized one fact about many Muslims.

They know there is something wrong about Islam and Muhammad but many of them find it hard to liberate themselves but those who are fortunate to do that agreed that there is a peace that comes from within the moment they found Jesus, that peace surpasses any human understanding and you can never e oerience that peace as a follower of Muhammad, but it is found only in christ Jesus.

Like I said earlier. One of the greatest mistake anyone could make is to speak out of ignorance. The truth remains that you know very little about Jesus Christ as compared to KNOWLEDGEABLE Muslims. Only Muslims by name fall for all your antics
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by Firebomber: 2:03pm On Sep 27, 2018
abduljabbar4:
Let's see what our hypocritical christian brothers will say about this now

what concern Christian in this one.

I guess you people cannot comment without mentioning Christian. Troll.
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by ejiodi: 8:48am On Sep 30, 2018
If we are saying that Oro practice is against freedom of movement, what about Churches blocking the road to Lagos every week? Not against freedom of movement? What about Muslim Jumat which leads to blocking of major roads in cities every week? that not against freedom of movement? What about public holidays because of Islam and christianity? Those public holidays that debar people from transacting in the banks and other places of importance are not against freedom of movement? Christian and muslims festivals don't force people to stay at home when they were supposed to be at schools and other places? If Oro practice is archaic, Is christianity wich is over 2,000 years not archaic? What about Islam, not old enough? Let us tell our religiously sentimentally government in Nigeria to treat the followers of traditional religion in Nigeria the same way they treat muslims and christians.
tintingz:
Oro practice should be ban, it's against freedom of movement.

Christianity and Islam festivals don't force people from going to thier various places, why is Oro doing it opposite? Is that tolerance?

I'm not a Christian nor a Muslim, but this archaic practice that's against human right should be ban.

I wonder why the government is doing nothing about this nonsense.
Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by ejiodi: 8:51am On Sep 30, 2018
The muslims attacked oro people first. The muslims are only lying that the oro people attacked them
budaatum:

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by ejiodi: 8:58am On Sep 30, 2018
The muslims have started night vigil for long just to emulate the traditionalists. Traditional religion's practice of night vigil was condemned as evil thing in Nigeria by muslims and christians. Lol. Today, muslims and christians have stolen night vigil. And they do not call their own secret cult practice. Hypocrisy.
budaatum:

1 Like

Re: Oro Worshippers Attack Muslims In Iseyin, Oyo State (viewer discretion). by tintingz(m): 9:07am On Sep 30, 2018
ejiodi:
If we are saying that Oro practice is against freedom of movement, what about Churches blocking the road to Lagos every week? Not against freedom of movement? What about Muslim Jumat which leads to blocking of major roads in cities every week? that not against freedom of movement? What about public holidays because of Islam and christianity? Those public holidays that debar people from transacting in the banks and other places of importance are not against freedom of movement? Christian and muslims festivals don't force people to stay at home when they were supposed to be at schools and other places? If Oro practice is archaic, Is christianity wich is over 2,000 years not archaic? What about Islam, not old enough? Let us tell our religiously sentimentally government in Nigeria to treat the followers of traditional religion in Nigeria the same way they treat muslims and christians.
I've mentioned that christians and Muslims also have thier own in my post above, this thread is not about that. There's even a thread I even condemned christians and Muslims blocking roads because of thier worship.

The public holidays doesn't stop people from transacting in the bank, the banks didn't open because there's a public holiday but the ATM is thier if you need cash, it's a thing of choice not force, there are businesses, companies, traders working on Muslims and christians public holidays, ofcos it's an archaic festival.

As for the traditional festive call Oro, it deprive people from freedom of movement, anyone caught especially women will be taking away, only nature knows what they do to them, the government should ban any form of oppression in the society, I wonder why this things is still allowed when the country is govern by the Constitution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Islam's Prophet Muhammad's 'Timeless' Pandemic Advice Goes Viral In 2020 / 21-Year-Old Destroys Mosque In Jigawa (Pictures) / Igbo Woman Reveals The Lady Who Made Her Convert To Islam. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.