Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,171 members, 7,815,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 AM

8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry (1030 Views)

I Dated My Ex-husband For 10 Yrs But Our Marriage Lasted Just 1 Yr — Ronke Ojo / Video: Big Brother Naija Tacha First Sex Lasted For 30 Mins (18+) / Comedian Princess Finally Opens Up On Why Her Marriage Lasted Only Two Weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by Peterdredd(m): 10:18am On Sep 21, 2018
Dreddsworld

[img]https://3.bp..com/-G3yaNWEUzy4/W6SNf62jykI/AAAAAAAABnU/hJXu5n1uJL4Ghw3RDHf2fjr8YZcPDl-RgCLcBGAs/s1600/images%2B%252838%2529.jpeg[/img]

Olamide Adedeji popularly known as badoo, also the CEO of YBNL Record Label. The self acclaimed Voice of the street is no stranger to all lovers of music in Nigeria and across.

Olamide stole the heart of many young Nigerians with his debut single ‘Eni Duro' Produced by Id Cabasa under Coded Tunes Record and he has since been delivering up to expectations if not beyond.

He rose to fame in 2011, and now in 2018, he remains a great force to reckon with. During this period many artiste has lost their way and have become irrelevant in the Industry.

Here are 8 reasons Olamide lasted this far in Nigeria Music Industry. Upcoming artists could make use of them.

1. Originality : Olamide came into the Industry as he, himself and nothing more.. A young talented bariga boy hungry to be heard. He showed he has a lot to give rap lovers in the country. He isn’t shy to say he is from the slum and he kept giving the hood a voice in the Industry.

The industry been filled with giants that rose to stardom with enough support both financially and reputable influence. It is right to say coming up as an underdog isn’t an easy task. Olamide’s originality made the street love him. Seeing one of their own rapping and giving a voice for them is a thing of joy. Undoubtedly, Olamide won the heart of the street with his originality.
He is not intimidated with the belief that Rap can be most delivered in English. He keeps making it known that language is not a barrier and he has proven it.

We can also say Olamide is the most successful indigenous rapper in Nigeria and has cleared way for many other young talents.

2. Consistency : Ever since he came to the limelight with his hit single ‘Eni Duro' He didn’t relent his effort, he went ahead to give more lovely sounds. Rapping both in Yoruba and English mixed with pidgin English.

He dropped his first album ‘Rapsodi' and then the following year. Badoo dropped the game changing album ‘YBNL’ which most people still consider as his best album of all. In one of his songs he said ‘after my first album, ‘won ro pe won ni ri mo' meaning ‘A lot of people think he’ll be gone after his first album’

He kept dropping hot tunes from ‘Durosoke' to ‘Badoo Love and loads of others. His consistency makes him drop an album every year with tonnes of singles and collaborations. He is no doubt the most consistent rapper in the music industry.

3. Versatility : Olamide understands what the music lovers want and he knows how to dish them out hot hot. He mixes rap with Afro pop and he knows when is best to switch.
He flows well on love songs just as he does on his street bangers. An example of this is ‘badoo love ‘ Yemi My Lover ‘ Melo Melo ‘ and some others. Versatility has made him stand out amongst his pairs.
You would probably say he delivers swiftly with his ‘Ijebu' accent the same way he does with the central ‘Yoruba'
He is also known for the way he plays on songs adding spice to tracks and laughing hilariously on songs. Not to forget he is known for using abusive words also on tracks.

4. Slangs : Badoo has dropped more lines turn slangs in songs than any other artists. There are notable lines from his songs that turned to anthem in the country at large.
Starting from ‘eni duro' ‘hello, how are you?’ one or two polopolo (from interview with tools) fast forward to ‘science students ‘ (drug abusers) You can add yours
Adding this saucy tones to his lyrics has also made him stand out and remain relevant in the Industry.

5. No Longtime Enemy : Olamide on his road to success knowingly and unknowingly stepped on some people and he took his time to clear the beef with them.
His first manager ‘Toni Payne’ accused him of playing smart by going to shows with her notice. Just to have the money all to himself. She dropped him and things seems not to be cool between them. When fame and money came, Olamide didn’t lash her for dropping him, he showered her praises for supporting him in the difficult times.
His alleged beef with ID cabasa after leaving Coded Tunes didn’t make any sense when he kept ID Canada close to him when he made it. He still record songs from him and always say he is the backbone behind his success.

His alleged beef with Veteran rapper M. I also came to an end when he was caught on camera during a Star Trek event whispering ‘I’m sorry into M.I’s ear. He started receiving support from M.I after the video surfaced
He had a twitter fight with popular blogger ‘Linda Ikeji’ when she listed him among the celebrities that had a child out of wedlock.
He cleared the air when he sent birthday wishes to her on her birthday adding that there is no bad blood.
His feud with Don Jazzy also ended well when both sides was called by Dangote. And they’ve been cool afterwards.

6. He Paved Way For Others : When God bless you, endeavor to bless others too. This is why Olamide remains highly acknowledged. He has signed quite number of people and a lot of upcoming artists made their first hit single by featuring Olamide.
The likes of Lil kesh, Adekunle Gold, Chinko Ekun, Viktoh all rose to stardom with the help of their label Boss , Olamide paved way for high numbers of artists in the Industry now.. We don’t need to mention names.

7. Uniqueness : Olamide is known for his simple dressing. Less blings, RayBan glasses and hilarious hairstyles. His love for the Oduduwa heritage and Ankara attires. When you hear badoo.. And you see a young man in Ankara with a red cup on his hand. You know what times is it.

8. Hardwork : This list won't be complete if 'hardwork'is not included. Olamide is known for putting in work every year to remain at the top of charts. Hardly will you point out a year whereby olamide flopped or find it difficult to dish out some hot bangers.

He releases an album every year with numerous collaborations as said earlier. This has also been confirmed by some other artists like Wizkid, Davido, M.I e.t.c regarding him as an hardworking artist.

In summary, Olamide is an hardworking artist that has remain consistent over the years. Other upcoming acts looking up to becoming a success like him can make use of these qualities.

Written by Peterdredd

Article Source : https://www.dreddsworld.com/2018/09/8-reasons-why-olamide-lasted-long-in.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by DABREEZYTOS(f): 11:43am On Sep 21, 2018
The Guy is sooooooo UNIQUE and DYNAMIC....I rep him big time

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by Peterdredd(m): 12:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
DABREEZYTOS:
The Guy is sooooooo UNIQUE and DYNAMIC....I rep him big time

Team Badoo

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by DABREEZYTOS(f): 12:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
Present SIR grin
Peterdredd:

Team Badoo

1 Like

Re: 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by priccelessgurl(f): 2:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
Peterdredd:

Team Badoo
��
Re: 8 Reasons Olamide Lasted Long In The Music Industry by Peterdredd(m): 3:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
priccelessgurl:

��

Any question grin

(1) (Reply)

Alagba Okestral Sees A Bigger And Better Nigeria- Independence Special / 10 Reasons Why Having A Side Guy Is Dangerous For Women - Viralmula.com / Rapper A.K.A Tattoos His Favorite EPL Club’s Logo On His Arm

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.