Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,600 members, 7,809,182 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:29 AM

Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano - Music Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Music Business / Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano (17723 Views)

Learn How To Play The Keyboard/piano For Free / Learn How To Play The Keyboard And Guitar Within 2months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 9:24am On Jan 06, 2006
I have to learn to play the piano in just 2 months.Got to make a performance in easter. I just got a yamaha PSR -275. Apart from getting lessons, does anyone know any website where i can get materials on teach yourself piano?

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Seun(m): 3:46pm On Jan 07, 2006
I think you definitely need a tutor especially since you have a tight deadline. Get one, and we will regularly ask about your progress and try to encourage you.

Report to this thread every day and tell us how far. Good luck! smiley
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by otokx(m): 3:55pm On Jan 07, 2006
how much did u get the PSR 275? do u know the cost of a PSR 2000? good luck
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by luridguy(m): 4:57pm On Jan 07, 2006
if you were in Nigeria I could have introduced you to a good piano teacher who is teaching me. Well just type teach yourself piano on google and you will see lots of online training links but most of them are not free. Good luck! wink

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Missworld(f): 10:43pm On Jan 07, 2006
Hello dear, I'm sorry I don't have any help to offer but listen to the fellow members cos they are reasonable. I know that playing a keyboard(Piano) takes years of practices. It takes about 3 months to get comfortable with the finger placements. It's really not that easy especially when u have so little time. Nonetheless, I believe that one can do whatever he/she aspires for if they put there heart into it. So my dear, I believe that u will be close/there if u give it ur best.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Missworld(f): 10:45pm On Jan 07, 2006
Error post
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by smartsoft(m): 4:14pm On Jan 08, 2006
@Oto Well hummm.. A PSR..2000 Keyboard cost .. 300,000 Naira.. and lowest keyboard now is kind of about 20,000 up...Why We just bought a new Keyboard PSR 3000.. 400,000Naira.

@MissWord. Well to me.. I will say.. i'm a prefessional Keyboardist..this is not a fowl play but  not perfect, because nobody is Perfect.. Everybody rehers every blessed day But i know my stand on the keyboard.. See i got a tutor who taught me for just about 2weeks.. though they are not willing to teach me either.. And Ever since i have been learning it all by myself.. know best way to learn keyboard expect you learn and you pratice for your self and you score foreign Songs listen to how they played there keyboard because that will help you..Cos that helps me alot.. I can play to any foreign song...those Once hae scored.. Mind you,  exactly.. how it was played..

@Lioness You need a keyboard to Practice with.. without that men.. u not going to learn anything...
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by DEKING3(m): 9:30am On Jan 09, 2006
Hey my dear if you could get someone to coach you daily and then practise on your own because practise makes perfect, then you might be able to make it depending on your interest and determination. Keyboard learning varies for individuals. Some learn fast while others don't. It's a matter of interest, seriousness and focus. If you're a beginner, then you've got a lot of work to do. I'm not trying to scare you but simply saying the fact.

Try out some advice given in this thread. Search the internet.

Don't forget, be determined.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 12:12pm On Jan 09, 2006
Thanks a zillion everyone for all the response. i appreciate it cheesy cheesy

Those sites where helpful too. I called a tutor but she's goin to charge hourly and its expensive. Anyway, i got some materials from the teach+yourself+piano and others. I already have a basic foundational knowledge of the keys/notes and i practise every evening. There are also online lesson practise too.

So i guess am making progress grin
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 12:23pm On Jan 09, 2006
@ otokx, PSR 2000 is really hi-tech and dam expensive. If u just want to learn to play, ill suggest u go for a less expensive one, except your gettin a studio, musical centre or church. I got mine for GBP 170 which shd be abt NGN 44,000. Are you learning to play

[how much did u get the PSR 275? do u know the cost of a PSR 2000? good luck/quote]
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Missworld(f): 3:12pm On Jan 09, 2006
U know I have keyboard at home but I don't know anything about the product just that I can play a little with it. I'll check someday.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by otokx(m): 5:19pm On Jan 10, 2006
am perfecting my bass (which cost me about 30, 000) while learning drums at church.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 9:37am On Jan 12, 2006
I've got to play a piece for my folks at Easter cry,
I've been able to play a song i wrote but i havent perfected it yet.
A friend of mine is coming over this weekend to show me some stuff grin

I 've got to learn how to place my fingers on each key without being confused. They say its like typing on the keyboard , but i dont know undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by smartsoft(m): 2:57am On Jan 13, 2006
Bravooooo ! grin
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 9:31am On Jan 13, 2006
Thanks alot smartsoft wink
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Nobody: 12:45am On Jan 17, 2006
hey guys, does anyone know how long it takes to learn to play an electric guitar? i'm planning to buy one in the next few weeks, and maybe someone knows where i can get materials to learn huh?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 9:22am On Jan 17, 2006
Hi David,

I dont know much about the guitar but you cld try
www.guitarforbeginners.com
www.guitartips.com.au

All the best
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by Icon(m): 1:17pm On Jan 21, 2006
Go to Ikeja Computer Village. Ask the software boys. You'll get enough CDs on Piano and Guitar tutorials.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by dammybee(f): 10:06am On May 15, 2006
@Lioness, we've not been hearing from you again, how far about your proposal, let me know on time, to become a keyboardist with a short period of time is not too difficult, so far you have your own Keyboard, but not much on NOTES, but you can dispay on practical.

Let me know your view.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 8:43am On May 16, 2006
oh yeah, grin alot has happend since i got off this thread, i got a great keyboardist. He got teaching me about chords and notes bla bla. I cant say for sure that am an expert at it since i still have problems memorising all 'em white keys and black keys. undecided But i could say that i have been able to play several notes and a whole striaght note/song.

Guess am making progress. cheesy
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by nateone(m): 6:19pm On Jun 01, 2006
hi there naira;landers, pls i want some one to tell me the best music school in lagos where i can learn to play the piano and the guiter, i really need to learn this two instrument,urgent reply pls,i stay in sururlere, cheers
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 12:19pm On Jun 02, 2006
hey i wish i knew undecided
I had a thread about learning the piano. I got a piano of my own and had a tutor come over to my place once a week for 3 hrs lessons.
Maybe u shd consider that. Atleast that way, u can practise on ur own too. wink
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by smartsoft(m): 10:09pm On Oct 26, 2006
have you seen Korg M9, Korg OASYS huh ? that paino is thy bomb you can produce,mix,voice,master and burn striaght to CD why not check it out www.korg.co.uk
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 8:45am On Nov 08, 2006
Thanks man grin
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by macalurs(m): 8:42pm On Nov 12, 2006
Lioness:

I've been in music for 11yrs now. I started playing when I keyboard when I was 11. I'm a bassist now.

If you have any questions, ask; we're here. smartsoft n I.

1 Like

Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by smartsoft(m): 8:12pm On Nov 13, 2006
@Macalus what kinda materials do you listen to huh ? listen song like Intergrity music, like Marvin sapp ? e.t.c ?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by macalurs(m): 12:39am On Nov 14, 2006
smartsoft:

@Macalus what kind of materials do you listen to huh ? listen song like Intergrity music, like Marvin sapp ? e.t.c ?

i honestly would hate to brag. I know those guys, they're reeealy good. But there isnt anything they play I haven't, I'm past that. I listen to victor wooten, Jaco pastorius (some of his stuff not all) stanley clark, marcus miller. All of these guys are renowned world class bassists, abraham laboriel isn't good at all (compared to these guys), all of them have their distinguishable styles.

I'm working on my inventing /originating my own style of play. It's a blend of soft rock (intergrity music style) with jazz, all improvised on the bass guitar (as in holding chords, making drum beats, and adlibbing/ fingering, all on the bass guitar.)

I created my own thread on this, why don't u check in there let's talk music.https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=30416.msg701706#msg701706
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 9:36am On Nov 14, 2006
thanks a zillion. I appreciate it. grin
I started learning in January and my instructor says am doing quite well.

I havent played for awhile cos i was in port harcourt and i didnt go with my keyboard, but am back now. smiley

macalurs:

Lioness:

I've been in music for 11yrs now. I started playing when I keyboard when I was 11. I'm a bassist now.

If you have any questions, ask; we're here. smartsoft n I.
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by JustGood(m): 10:04pm On Jan 20, 2007
you don sabi play am now?
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by lioness(f): 8:57am On Feb 08, 2007
i don dey try small small wink

I still have temptations of looking at my keys while playing.
Am trying to play without havig to be conscious of the keys. cheesy
Re: Learning To Play The Keyboard/Piano by mekoyo(m): 9:49am On Feb 12, 2007
I play the keyboard too. But i'm still learning it. I have a private tutor though.

You have to learn music to be abl to play musical notes. I can play them.

But all i need to learn now is how to play cord.

Anyone with useful info on how to play cord please holla at me.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Record Producer In Need Of Singers And Rappers / Whatsapp Group For Instrumentalists And Musicians. / Good News Kennis Music Finally Consider Helping New Artist Are U Intrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.