Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel (963 Views)

Court Awards N5m To Ezuku Emmanuel Anenih Who Sued MTN For Illegal Deductions / Telecom Firms Get Five Days To Stop Illegal Deductions / How To Add & Remove Family And Friends Numbers On Airtel, MTN, Glo, 9mobile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by mrNEMZY(m): 12:20pm On Sep 21, 2018
It started about a month ago, I noticed that #20 is being deducted daily from my line. Actually, it might have started earlier, but that was when I noticed. So I called airtel customer care, and I was told that I was suscribed to one service that my phone did the automatic subscription while browsing on the net (apparently, my phone can just redirect to a site and subscribe itself to a service without my notice). Well, not to argue with them I did what they told me to, in order to unsubscribe.
After I noticed that the deduction continued and and I called again, I was given other procedures which I followed. mind you in all this deductions I never received a direct message, I just received message
from airtel saying "thank you for subscribing to airtel data".
To cut the long story short, I have sent stop to 8841 for like a million times, sent to 902 and a bunch of other useless numbers I can't quite recall. But they keep deducting me.

I have recorded 2 calls with the customer care agents, and am quite sure I can record more because am certain, I would be deducted still.

What do you think I should do?
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by madridguy(m): 12:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Call Nigeria Communication Center on 622.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by ITbomb(m): 12:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
I think most people complaining of Airtel deductions are using Airtel to browse
Also Opera mini is another culprit

Solution? Leave the two

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by mrNEMZY(m): 1:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
madridguy:
Call Nigeria Communication Center on 622.

please shed more light on this
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by madridguy(m): 3:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
Call NCC and make your complain to them.

mrNEMZY:

please shed more light on this

1 Like

Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by mrNEMZY(m): 4:38pm On Sep 21, 2018
madridguy:
Call NCC and make your complain to them.
Thanks bro
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by stephens2012(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
Op u r nt alone. For those saying its d browser u r wrong, some people said its because of d tarriff plan u r using but that's wrong too. It happened on my line and i complained to ncc n d deduction stopped. At the beginning of this week i discovered the deduction has started again. This is just daylight robbery. NCC is fully aware of this deduction perpertrated by Airtel Ng but refuses to do anything. This doesnt happen anywhere else even in India it doesn't happen. I think d only solution is if victims of this robbery come together n file a combine lawsuit that will chase dem away from Nigeria. Its really bad that NCC fails to checkmate them.
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by hardeycute(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
Airtel NG is a dubious entity. I am already tired of their deductions.
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by mrNEMZY(m): 7:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
stephens2012:
Op u r nt alone. For those saying its d browser u r wrong, some people said its because of d tarriff plan u r using but that's wrong too. It happened on my line and i complained to ncc n d deduction stopped. At the beginning of this week i discovered the deduction has started again. This is just daylight robbery. NCC is fully aware of this deduction perpertrated by Airtel Ng but refuses to do anything. This doesnt happen anywhere else even in India it doesn't happen. I think d only solution is if victims of this robbery come together n file a combine lawsuit that will chase dem away from Nigeria. Its really bad that NCC fails to checkmate them.
I have heard a lot of people complain about airtel, I never cared till it hit me. I have called NCC and I hope the thing stops.
As for the combined lawsuit, it can't be such a bad idea if we'd all keep valid evidence against them.

Imagine getting #20 from 1 million Nigerians, that's 20 million daily.
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by stephens2012(m): 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
mrNEMZY:

I have heard a lot of people complain about airtel, I never cared till it hit me. I have called NCC and I hope the thing stops.
As for the combined lawsuit, it can't be such a bad idea if we'd all keep valid evidence against them.

Imagine getting #20 from 1 million Nigerians, that's 20 million daily.
I swear its nt a bad idea. I can finish dem with the evidence i have. To recharge when i dont need call card they fear me cos b4 u knw it everything is gone. Stupid and illiterate customer agents wil now be telling u that u activated VAS service while browsing. One even told me that my sim is unregistered yet i was recharging and calling (i blast the guy).
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by mrNEMZY(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
stephens2012:

I swear its nt a bad idea. I can finish dem with the evidence i have. To recharge when i dont need call card they fear me cos b4 u knw it everything is gone. Stupid and illiterate customer agents wil now be telling u that u activated VAS service while browsing. One even told me that my sim is unregistered yet i was recharging and calling (i blast the guy).

Those agents are mostly useless, I think most of what they do there is guess work. If you argued too much, they would end the call on you
Re: How Do I Handle This Incessant Deductions On Airtel by stephens2012(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
mrNEMZY:

Those agents are mostly useless, I think most of what they do there is guess work. If you argued too much, they would end the call on you
Lol. Sometimes u will be wondering if they were ever trained at all. Zero customer care.

(1) (Reply)

Icloud Unlock Phones Can't Be Unlocked Unless!! / Download And Install Latest Gbwhatsapp Version 6.85 (2019) / How To Get Free 150mb From MTN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.