Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ (22852 Views)

Imoke To PDP Members: Ben Ayade Was A Mistake, Please Forgive Me / Liyel Imoke: APC Collapsing, Not The Best Place To Go / Donald Duke, Liyel Imoke And Gershom Bassey Throwback Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Escravos(m): 4:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

I don't know whatever Imoke must have exposed about Duke but that doesn't change the fact that Duke is one of our brightest politician.

Though I do not support Duke running his mouth, I don't think Imoke should assassinate his character
bright how ? Pls what exactly has Donald duke done to get all this praise or maybe it's just his fine accent and good looks that keep deceiving ppl
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Grayxme: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
And this is same Donald Duke that thinks he can rule Nigeria...I laugh in Arabic
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by poseidon12: 4:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tchalz:
Imoke failed Cross River State...
T-Mart and Airtel were already tenants of Tinapa..
What about Obudu Ranch resort?
He did not stick to the plan, yet caused Cross River to be stagnant over his years of reign as governor

Claiming Donald Duke is failure is laughable...
Come to Cross River and ask between Imoke and Donald Duke, who touched the lives of the ordinary citizen

Go read the full interview. Did you realize that Duke left the State with 100billion Naira debt to struggle with?
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by poseidon12: 4:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
exposition:

you lie bro! ask people what went down when obasanjo went to commission the bridge in ediba!

Tell us what went down.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Michaelfen: 4:50pm On Sep 21, 2018
adeniyi3971:

and you have sense? F00l

One sense you dont have
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by poseidon12: 4:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
Chikpat:
This interview is analytical enough for anybody who reads to know the truth and make his judgements. For me, I stand with Liyel Imoke.
#ProbeDonaldDukeGovernorship

Imoke made a lot of sense in the interview.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by CyberWolf: 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
I read the full interview and if what Imoke said were true, then this Duke is a scam and fraud than I thought. His egoistic attitude is also very stinking.

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by IBBG(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
from this excerpt, after weighing the both sides, i think Liyel imoke was the best governor cross river ever had. His projects had a huge impact on the common man. During his time we had 24 hours of clean water supply from water board. And cross river water board was rated the best in nigeria. other states sent delegates to come and study the cross river state model and replicate it in their state. Our streets were exceptionally clean, with good dumpster. But under Ayade every thing is dead. nothing is really working. Imoke was a silent worker, who didn't like to blow his trumpet while working behind the scene. It was after he left office when i travelled to some rural places in cross river then i saw his good works and was thirlled and became sorry for tagging him a sleeping governor. Out of them all Ayade is the worst. i pray he loses 2019 polls massively. since 1999 we have never had it this bad like under ayade presently. the guy is a huge definition of failure

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by IBBG(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
poseidon12:
Having read the full interview to hear Imoke's side of the story, it seems to me that Donald Duke is overrated. I am convinced more by Imoke than Duke.
God bless. Same thing with me. i am a cross riverian, i must confess imoke was a silent achiever. i was never a fan of his because we used to call him sleeping governor. But i travelled to some rural part of cross river and saw what he did. I became remorseful for being among those who were villifying him. Imoke never had the benefit of huge allocation like donald duke from oil, because the FG had ceded bakassi to cameroon and oil wells were gone and no revenue from oil he was still able to perform and not abandon the rural areas like donald duke did. The truth is Duke is over rated. period. While the present governor in the state is an undertaker and a monumental failure

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Myself2(m): 5:23pm On Sep 21, 2018
I know Donald Duke well and Ii agree with Liyel on his point number 1, Duke is a freaking egotistic prick

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Dee60: 5:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tinapa is like planting a dam in the middle of a desert without water!

Mr Imoke is so damn right.

Donald Duke likes to admire himself so much!

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 5:53pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tchalz:
He did not stick to the plan, yet caused Cross River to be stagnant over his years of reign as governor

Come to Cross River and ask between Imoke and Donald Duke, who touched the lives of the ordinary citizen

I think you should keep shut if you have nothing to say. I can bet my last dime that you didn't read the article. Imoke is a thousand times better than Duke. Permit me to school you.
1) while Duke was busy borrowing money for elephant projects Imoke constructed roads across the entire state
2) imoke installed street lights across the whole calabar even building roads into people's bedrooms
3) 178 communities where electrified by imoke
4) every ward had a health center with solar power, so much that general hospitals were complaining of no patients
5) over 90% of schools were renovated
6) odukpani power plant was built by imoke
7) imoke built the convention center that has seen more traffic than the useless Tinapa

You stay in whatever city you are eating yam,garri etc from the hintherland of Cross River all because imoke constructed access roads to enable farmers get their produce out. Yet your so called messiah Duke said it will take the entire state budget to construct a single road in this places. Mtschew

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by IBBG(m): 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Knightcrawler1:

I think you should keep shut if you have nothing to say. I can bet my last dime that you didn't read the article. Imoke is a thousand times better than Duke. Permit me to school you.
1) while Duke was busy borrowing money for elephant projects Imoke constructed roads across the entire state
2) imoke installed street lights across the whole calabar even building roads into people's bedrooms
3) 178 communities where electrified by imoke
4) every ward had a health center with solar power, so much that general hospitals were complaining of no patients
5) over 90% of schools were renovated
6) odukpani power plant was built by imoke
7) imoke built the convention center that has seen more traffic than the useless Tinapa

You stay in whatever city you are eating yam,garri etc from the hintherland of Cross River all because imoke constructed access roads to enable farmers get their produce out. Yet your so called messiah Duke said it will take the entire state budget to construct a single road in this places. Mtschew
baba you are right. you did not mention water board that imoke made very functional, such that there was 24 hours supply of clean water across the city metropolis. Security was tight under imoke. refuse evacuation was seamless. Seriously based on works, i must say imoke was the best governor, compared to all including the incumbent who is a humongous failure.

3 Likes

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 6:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
exposition:

it's not village people o! liyel imoke deliberately killed it ,including the obudu cattle ranch and the whole structures we would built upon in cross river state! just like what is happening in Lagos state today!

Stop exhibiting crass ignorance, go and read the interview. I am sure you an Efik that is why you keep defending your star criminal Duke
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
IBBG:
baba you are right. you did not mention water board that imoke made very functional, such that there was 24 hours supply of clean water across the city metropolis. Security was tight under imoke. refuse evacuation was seamless. Seriously based on works, i must say imoke was the best governor, compared to all including the incumbent who is a humongous failure.
My brother you are right! Infact security was so tight that if you are caught for cultism you were treated worse than an armed robber. Pot holes were duly fixed, commissioners were all up and doing, Everybody was brought to the table to work. Ayade is an Apology.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by IBBG(m): 6:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Knightcrawler1:

My brother you are right! Infact security was so tight that if you are caught for cultism you were treated worse than an armed robber. Pot holes were duly fixed, commissioners were all up and doing, Everybody was brought to the table to work. Ayade is an Apology.
my brother me and ayade we are from the same local govt. But we are really embarrased by his style of leadership and failure in the state, and is malgovernance is giving obudu people a bad name. I will never vote that clown as a governor, because he is not fit to govern a state. Majority of obudu people are ashamed of him. I will not support a total failure simply because he is from my place and i don't care whether the person is my brother. All i want is good governance, which imoke handed over to ayade, but what do we have now, cultism everywhere, refuse littered across the state, pot holes every where, water board is dead. street light is dead also, tourism is dead. And yet the clown of a governor keeps frolicking outside the country at any given opportunity signing dubious MOU with no intension of implementing them. I am still wondering how we ended up with that con artist as a governor. He has to sent packing in 2019. i never imagined cross river state will be this bad.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by exposition: 7:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
Gershom Bassey is an appointee of Donald Duke he has been the chairman water board long before liyel became governor! the world bank project was initiated by Donald Duke! it was a project that was part of the urban development framework conceived by Donald Duke starting with calabar metropolis Ikom and ogoja for the first phase! Bros don't claim it for liyel please
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by exposition: 7:25pm On Sep 21, 2018
Tchalz:

it is only politicians and abeg we want egunje people will see everything wrong with Donald Duke because he did not allow money to flow into their hands money that was the common wealth of all cross riverians! Liyel rode to government house with a slogan of monkey dey work monkey dey chop,I remember politicians in their euphoric state during that period because they felt their time has come and indeed it happened! so many people became road construction engineers over night collecting contracts to build sub standard rural roads! for the record Donald duke only used well established road construction companies in his urban development drive and inspected the work done personally
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by donnie(m): 7:41pm On Sep 21, 2018
@Blue3k2 You people think you're talking to kids.

How wouldn't Imoke call them poorly planned projects when D.D. didn't factor in his cut?

Donald Duke was and is still accessible; what stopped you from consulting and synergising for the better good? Everyone wants to start his own thing so he can loot the State treasury.

With all due respect Sir, you are without conscience.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Youngzedd(m): 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
lastempero:
Duke is far better than u, Atleast he has alot of signature projects.What can u present as your legacy imoke?

Our one time sleeping Governor grin grin grin
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by D1zion: 8:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
Awol1:

I don't know whatever Imoke must have exposed about Duke but that doesn't change the fact that Duke is one of our brightest politician.

Though I do not support Duke running his mouth, I don't think Imoke should assassinate his character
why won't he. He's been quiet for sometimes so it's now better he air out his mind. Now that duke is relax thinking he has no skeleton in his Cardbord.you know, it's true. they say revenge is best & sweet when it's Sarved cold.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Bluezy13(m): 8:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
D1zion:
why won't he. He's been quiet for sometimes so it's now better he air out his mind. Now that duke is relax thinking he has no skeleton in his Cardbord.you know, it's true. they say revenge is best & sweet when it's Sarved cold.
Haba!!!

Bro, you for kukuma use pidgin like me na.

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2018
exposition:
Gershom Bassey is an appointee of Donald Duke he has been the chairman water board long before liyel became governor! the world bank project was initiated by Donald Duke! it was a project that was part of the urban development framework conceived by Donald Duke starting with calabar metropolis Ikom and ogoja for the first phase! Bros don't claim it for liyel please

You are very funny.so Governors now initiate projects for world Bank?. My friend a certain woman in cross River who's husband works in world Bank was the one who pencilled Cross River for the water project as well as dualization of Marian road. Ikom ogoja development has nothing to do with RUDA(rural urban development A) that was making roads in interior villages. Please give Imoke Credit

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 8:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
donnie:
@Blue3k2 You people think you're talking to kids.

How wouldn't Imoke call them poorly planned projects when D.D. didn't factor in his cut?

Donald Duke was and is still accessible; what stopped you from consulting and synergising for the better good? Everyone wants to start his own thing so he can loot the State treasury.

With all due respect Sir, you are without conscience.

Is reading an article so difficult for Nigerians? Imoke completed everything Duke couldn't finish including the amber hotel Tinapa and water park,these two became the only thing attracting people to Tinapa.

Before you ask why Duke was not consulted let me inform you that Duke operated a retail outlet called Tmart in Tinapa rent free, yet it still failed. Even the almighty Donald Duke could not make his retail outlet work within Tinapa

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Emrz(m): 9:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
Wind blow fowl ynash open. Some bigots would be there blaming Ayade.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Knightcrawler1: 9:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
IBBG:
my brother me and ayade we are from the same local govt. But we are really embarrased by his style of leadership and failure in the state, and is malgovernance is giving obudu people a bad name. I will never vote that clown as a governor, because he is not fit to govern a state. Majority of obudu people are ashamed of him. I will not support a total failure simply because he is from my place and i don't care whether the person is my brother. All i want is good governance, which imoke handed over to ayade, but what do we have now, cultism everywhere, refuse littered across the state, pot holes every where, water board is dead. street light is dead also, tourism is dead. And yet the clown of a governor keeps frolicking outside the country at any given opportunity signing dubious MOU with no intension of implementing them. I am still wondering how we ended up with that con artist as a governor. He has to sent packing in 2019. i never imagined cross river state will be this bad.

Ayade has really disgraced his people. May God help Cross River and Bless you for being an honest person.

1 Like

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Emrz(m): 9:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
Wind blow, fowl ynash open. Some bigots will be there blaming Ayade.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Arielle: 10:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
IBBG:
from this excerpt, after weighing the both sides, i think Liyel imoke was the best governor cross river ever had. His projects had a huge impact on the common man. During his time we had 24 hours of clean water supply from water board. And cross river water board was rated the best in nigeria. other states sent delegates to come and study the cross river state model and replicate it in their state. Our streets were exceptionally clean, with good dumpster. But under Ayade every thing is dead. nothing is really working. Imoke was a silent worker, who didn't like to blow his trumpet while working behind the scene. It was after he left office when i travelled to some rural places in cross river then i saw his good works and was thirlled and became sorry for tagging him a sleeping governor. Out of them all Ayade is the worst. i pray he loses 2019 polls massively. since 1999 we have never had it this bad like under ayade presently. the guy is a huge definition of failure

Thank you. Donald is all flash and not much substance. It's easy to deceive Nigerians who are gullible and impressionable. Everything Imoke said is 100 percent truth. The debt burden alone would have crippled an already poor state like cross river. Donald is a showman who needs to be liked. Thrives on accolades. Imoke is a silent performer who isn't interested in winning a popularity contest. His focus was developing the rural areas. Projects that because they are not in the main city of Calabar would go unnoticed and not cause people to sing his praises. Projects for the very people who needed them the most. Projects that donald would not touch.I don't support either of them and I have my own personal reservations that have nothing to do with governance. But Imoke has achieved more than Donald ever did, with much less.

2 Likes

Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by nijabazaar: 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
No matter what u say...i still love Donald..

Hes thr best politician, after Peter Obi anywsy
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by Oktane: 11:11pm On Sep 21, 2018
exposition:

This post reveals the lack of depth in your understanding of the World bank Water board project. I am not from CRS but can attest to the fact the project predates 1999 when Donald Duke emerged as Governor.
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by exposition: 1:32pm On Sep 22, 2018
Oktane:

This post reveals the lack of depth in your understanding of the World bank Water board project. I am not from CRS but can attest to the fact the project predates 1999 when Donald Duke emerged as Governor.

so why is liyel imoke claiming to have brought clean and portable water to calabar metropolis?
Re: Liyel Imoke To Donald Duke: ‘You Are A Serial Failure!’ by yom2(m): 12:29am On Sep 23, 2018
Blue3k2:

He's also an ex governor and besides duke called him a failure first.

He didnt even bother getting approvals millions in loans. Nairaland commenters should read full interview for a clear picture. People celebrate project but it doesnt make the state any money. The dude even lied about signing walmart on.
may be his vision was ahead of his time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Arise TV Interview: I Am In The Race To Win - Peter Obi / Why Was Che Guevara Killed By The CIA? / Can A Woman Be The President Of Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.