Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,320 members, 7,819,100 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO (10088 Views)

Coronavirus: Northern Italy Quarantines 16 Million People / A Deadly Influenza Virus Is Spreading Across America, 15 Million People Infected / Unsafe Abortion Kills Over 2,000 Nigerian Women Yearly- Dr Lamai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Ellapana: 5:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Another conspiracy theory: Tupac is ‘still alive and living in hiding in Cuba’
https://newsdey.com/2018/09/1193731-new-conspiracy-theory-claims-tupac-alive-living-hiding-cuba-html/
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by johnkey: 5:02pm On Sep 21, 2018
frankIzuchukwu:

Do you know effect of Marijuana on brain chemicals
do your home work properly
tell us abeg cause ain't nothing wrong with my brain chemicals in fact oshaproper after a nice blunt
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by anytexy: 5:04pm On Sep 21, 2018
it should read misuse of alcohol
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by lawrence35(m): 5:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Seriously?

Those are people who abuse alcohol.

We do ours with sense brother .
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by hardeytarhyour(m): 5:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
that is what we encountering nowadays,,
Somedays ago on this site, one doctor said that majority of man people nowadays are youth! future of the nation!! ohh my GOD

another result has out stating how far we are endangering our life by those hard drink

i can't it imagine, continuously take or just take what can benefit you than to expose you to disease,death, or other mis-comfort,

and the worse part of it is that they sees it as civilization, which is wrong

we have been informed of disadvantages of hard drink

MAY WE STAY OUT OF IT AND EMBRACE WHAT WILL GOOD FOR .OUR PART OF THE BODY, THAT WILL MAKE US LIVE LONG

AMEEEEENNNN
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by RedBororo(m): 5:09pm On Sep 21, 2018
drank alcohol from my teenage, was in school at 16, now am 40 and really paying the price, thank God i could afford good medication but i wish i knew early, no i ran from alcohol like a plaque

2 Likes

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
Alcohol is not for kings... Prov 31:4, Prov23: 25-29, Prov 20: 1, Prov 31:6, Isaiah 5:22, Isaiah5:11, Prov 23:20, Prov 21:17
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by hardeytarhyour(m): 5:12pm On Sep 21, 2018
hardeytarhyour:
that is what we encountering nowadays,,
Somedays ago on this site, one doctor said that majority of man people nowadays are youth! future of the nation!! ohh my GOD

another result has out stating how far we are endangering our life by those hard drink

i can't it imagine, continuously take or just take what can benefit you than to expose you to disease,death, or other mis-comfort,

and the worse part of it is that they sees it as civilization, which is wrong

we have been informed of disadvantages of hard drink

MAY WE STAY OUT OF IT AND EMBRACE WHAT WILL GOOD FOR .OUR PART OF THE BODY, THAT WILL MAKE US LIVE LONG

AMEEEEENNNN
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 21, 2018
I will send this link to one of my guy wey dey down eight bottles of beer in a daycheesy.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by oladele00(m): 5:15pm On Sep 21, 2018
adonismuller:
Where I stay I have never heard that alchohol killed anybody, but I have heard of thousands of people that has died because of Buhari in just one city!
childish comment
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by mikejj(m): 5:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
Drink but don't get drunk.but some people what they read is drink and get kill yourself.

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Trustme2(m): 5:21pm On Sep 21, 2018
lefulefu:
I will send this link to one of my guy wey dey down eight bottles of beer in a daycheesy.
Am sure you also found the article useful. But between you and I; how many cartoons you dey down per day grin ;DD Bros na joke I dey o
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
Trustme2:

Am sure you also found the article useful. But between you and I; how many cartoons you dey down per day grin ;DD Bros na joke I dey o
i love myself biko. Why i go dey pack poison put for bodycheesy. Beer na jus sugar full amcheesy.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Talknochip(m): 5:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
adonismuller:
Where I stay I have never heard that alchohol killed anybody, but I have heard of thousands of people that has died because of Buhari in just one city!
Hahaha
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 5:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ekitimadman:
Alcohol kill 3 million people yearly. Same goes to Cigarettes.

This silent killers are Legal in Nigeria

Marijuana/Weed doesn't kill. It helps health.

Marijuana is illegal in Nigeria

Who is fooling who?

#LegalizeWeed_NG
...Madman
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Amberon1: 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
You've seen that movie too?
Turks:
A lot more actually! Do you know the number of people who have bad kidneys and can’t afford dialysis let alone a transplant?

Awon ti Frank Gallagher!

If you know, you know wink cheesy

Something has to kill a man sha.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by asawanathegreat(m): 5:59pm On Sep 21, 2018
Abeg give me one bottle of beer there
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by sukij(m): 6:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
[quote author=Turks post=71400080]A lot more actually! Do you know the number of people who have bad kidneys and can’t afford dialysis let alone a transplant?

Awon ti Frank Gallagher!

If you know, you know wink cheesy

Something has to kill a man sha.[/quote

shameless one of the best series I av watched

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Silas0(m): 6:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
alright.

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Friend01(m): 6:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
edunwablog:
Alcohol is responsible for the death of around 3 million people per year, according to a new report by the World Health Organization.

The UN health agency’s latest report on alcohol and health pointed out that alcohol causes more than one in 20 deaths globally each year, including drink driving, alcohol-induced violence and abuse and a multitude of diseases and disorders.

The report, which comes out every four years, shows that about 2.3 million of those deaths in 2016 were among men, and that almost 29% of all alcohol-caused deaths were down to injuries – including traffic accidents and suicide.

The report reveals the continued impact of alcohol on public health around the world, and highlights that the young bear the brunt: 13.5% of deaths among people in their 20s are linked to booze, with alcohol responsible for 7.2% of premature deaths overall.

It also indicates that harms from drinking are greater among among poorer consumers than wealthier ones.
The agency alcohol control expert Dr Vladimir Poznyak, who was involved in the report, said the health burden of alcohol is “unacceptably large”.
Though 95% of countries impose taxes on alcohol, the World Health Organization expects more actions to be undertaken by countries, adding that fewer than half of them use other price strategies such as banning below-cost selling or volume discounts.
“Governments need to do more to meet the global targets and to reduce the burden of alcohol on societies; this is clear, and this action is either absent or not sufficient in most of the countries of the world,” said Poznyak.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/alcohol-kills-over-3-million-people.html

The only killer, sorry disease that is sold jn bottles advertised on TV and radios and get air plays and banners and posters on almost every corner in every Street.
And yet people still see it as normal and healthy consuming such thing.
All praises to Allaah for making me a Muslim.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Naijageak(m): 6:45pm On Sep 21, 2018
Even if everybody die finish alcoholis won't stop
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by mechanics(m): 7:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
And people will still keep drinking alcohol.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by donprincebigt(m): 8:08pm On Sep 21, 2018
Ekitimadman:
Alcohol kill 3 million people yearly. Same goes to Cigarettes.

This silent killers are Legal in Nigeria

Marijuana/Weed doesn't kill. It helps health.

Marijuana is illegal in Nigeria

Who is fooling who?

#LegalizeWeed_NG

I Know I will finally meet my omo iya from dz thread
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 8:37pm On Sep 21, 2018
donprincebigt:

I Know I will finally meet my omo iya from dz thread

I sight you bro

1 Like

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Godrocks: 9:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
Na palmwine and dog meat be my brand abeg that one dey kill too
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Augustap(f): 10:24pm On Sep 21, 2018
Better alcohol than police's stray bullet grin

Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by edichriss(m): 10:28pm On Sep 21, 2018
MufasaRebirth:
Something must kill a man

Make una no dey put fear for my mind angry
excess alcohol is wat dey mean not alcohol
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 21, 2018
edunwablog:
Alcohol is responsible for the death of around 3 million people per year, according to a new report by the World Health Organization.

The UN health agency’s latest report on alcohol and health pointed out that alcohol causes more than one in 20 deaths globally each year, including drink driving, alcohol-induced violence and abuse and a multitude of diseases and disorders.

The report, which comes out every four years, shows that about 2.3 million of those deaths in 2016 were among men, and that almost 29% of all alcohol-caused deaths were down to injuries – including traffic accidents and suicide.

The report reveals the continued impact of alcohol on public health around the world, and highlights that the young bear the brunt: 13.5% of deaths among people in their 20s are linked to booze, with alcohol responsible for 7.2% of premature deaths overall.

It also indicates that harms from drinking are greater among among poorer consumers than wealthier ones.
The agency alcohol control expert Dr Vladimir Poznyak, who was involved in the report, said the health burden of alcohol is “unacceptably large”.
Though 95% of countries impose taxes on alcohol, the World Health Organization expects more actions to be undertaken by countries, adding that fewer than half of them use other price strategies such as banning below-cost selling or volume discounts.
“Governments need to do more to meet the global targets and to reduce the burden of alcohol on societies; this is clear, and this action is either absent or not sufficient in most of the countries of the world,” said Poznyak.

http://www.akelicious.net/2018/09/alcohol-kills-over-3-million-people.html

Same way they claimed cholesterol kills millions every year till they later confessed it was all false.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by israelmao(m): 11:18pm On Sep 21, 2018
They say,it doesn't really matter.One stick of cigarette consumed makes you die 14minutes earlier than your real lifespan or reduces your lifespan by 14minutes.
Re: Alcohol Kills Over 3 Million People Yearly – WHO by meobizy(f): 12:45am On Sep 22, 2018
...and this is the reason I stopped drinking.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What The Advantages/disadvantages Of Bathing Hot Or Cold Water? / Health Benefits Of Moringa Leaves / A Lagosian’s Guide To Achieving Great Mental Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.