Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,540 members, 7,823,369 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:11 AM

APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu (20148 Views)

The Men Behind The Lagos Metro Rail. Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo Olu. Picture / Tinubu, Fashola, Ambode, Sanwo-Olu: 12th,13th,14th &15th Governors Of Lagos / Ambode, Sanwo-olu And Gbagada General Hospital’s Breach Of Hippocratic Oath (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Malawian(m): 7:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Miniso:
Y will a man just one person that calls him self jagaban determine the governor of a whole state...this is bullshit this cant happen in the south east...yoruba's shud stand up for the right of the pple and not for the selfish interest of some greedy being.....
Yoruba are a people who look to their leaders to lead them and Tinubu is their Leader (Like it or not). They are not like we Igbo "na agba ofe aka anyi"

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by LandOwners: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
No need to rush, the primaries will spell everything
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by dotcomnamename: 7:05pm On Sep 21, 2018
asobo:
How?

(1.)He's too stubborn...

(2) It is not when one is on ground that you know what's up with Ambode and governing of Lagos. There are rules that you cant ignore, even jagaban himself never operate outside the rules. You have an obligations to people that can't be compromised, because if you do, you would be trampled upon no matter what your record says. Ambode met a blueprint that was used by BRF himself, and you can only do little to better it. Example Lagos Badagry expressway ought to have been finished by now, but because of your high handedness he made it a show of Fashola and he forgot that opposition would use it to campaign against him. I like him but he disappointed the party leaders and members. Sorry, tori aso Oba omoye mo, omoye to run hoho woja.

5 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by iammo(m): 7:07pm On Sep 21, 2018
Malawian:

Do you know that Tinubu has mobilized Millions just 2months ago through his "Tinubu Foundation" I must have photocopied hundreds of those forms while it was ongoing here in my area, and i suspect it was the same in all areas of Lagos.

fact is , tinubu owns the total grass root structure of APC in Lagos, including other state structure like NURTW, market women association, local government chairmen a good number of partisan civil service etc, but regardless of all that, ambode still boost of massive goodwill among nonpartisan electorate, his last town hall meeting, the support for him was massive. and he controls largest IGR given him financial muscle.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Ategberoson(m): 7:14pm On Sep 21, 2018
buhari should allow ambode to go on primary now, why fear if the stakeholders of APC Lagos likes him. it's undemocratic to impose candidate on the party stakeholders. why tinubu is being popular is because he interest these same stakeholders (mandate group) he can't do any party activities without carrying them along
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Eeyaniyi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:

politics is not that predictable, if agbaje can pull a massive 600k votes out I bet you, ambode would double that in any party against sanwolu, tinubu's last card is an impeachment threat should ambode crosscarpet, and that can be stalled
n

The question is, how can it be stalled?
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Escravos(m): 7:29pm On Sep 21, 2018
LesbianBoy:
What is happening in Lagos is an example that Nigeria is a huge joke. How can tinubu sit down one place and dictate who becomes governor of a state. Rubbish angry

Nigeria will NEVER be great as far as the likes tinubu are still alive
nobody is dictating anything ambode should go for primaries if he is popular enough he will win it's that simple

3 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by colestephan86: 7:34pm On Sep 21, 2018
dre11:

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2018/09/21/apc-guber-primary-were-ready-for-ambode-sanwo-olu/

I have no single doubt that ambode is coming back, it's all a game.

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by lagosrd: 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Esseite:
They fail to understand that Ambode is not the market man politician or the agbero politician, he is learned, liberal and enlightened and may not deem it fit to always parley or roll deep with the omoniles as he does not fit in..

Tinubu should thread carefully as despite the ethnic and tribal division of 2015, it was just less than 100k margin.

Why the warning, is that not our prayers. We want freedom from tyranny and oppression and holligalistic politics as been practiced in Lagos. Let the money made in Lagos be used to better the lives of lagosians.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by iammo(m): 7:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Eeyaniyi:
n

you see how the presidency extremely wanted saraki impeached, and even Ortom of benue and fayose. truth his legislative arm still remains the easily corruptable arm of government. just open lagos state treasury to them and watch them start stall all process, he can even aproach a court to seek an injunction like imo deputy did. bottom line is if ambode stops his stinginess and start wike's style of fatherchristmas sharing. he stands a very good chance in this fight. and also remember how funsho Williams was stopped one way or the other

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Benekruku(m): 7:39pm On Sep 21, 2018
Miniso:
Y will a man just one person that calls him self jagaban determine the governor of a whole state...this is bullshit this cant happen in the south east...yoruba's shud stand up for the right of the pple and not for the selfish interest of some greedy being.....

Can you please STFU!
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by lagdmark(m): 7:43pm On Sep 21, 2018
BafanaBafana:
Ambode sef. Instead of him to fight
He became Bambiala begging from Lagos to Abuja, the guy is too weak joor.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by mechanics(m): 7:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
This news keep on being repeated.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by CableWire: 7:54pm On Sep 21, 2018
No bi AFONJA people? Wey de eat and poo from same spot. Just give an afonja 'waso' for early morning agbo, mehn, na so him throway ' baba tuale'scatter anyhow and meanwhile, a birth right is gone.
Exactly what they display in 2015 general elections when we de shout say 'road no clear' for APC parole but they all went dead and now, wetin de happen? So tey na them de suffer am pass.
But if to say them go wake up from their slumber of initial waso agbo... E go better for them.
I suggest e go better make south west join hands scatter this table for this old thief wey don rubbish, dwindle and cheat a state for so many years without any trace of repenting soon.
Not just in Lagos but have his wife in the Senate, brother in the executive of Oando, foster mother as market head and lots of underground stationing wry no no de open
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by AZeD1(m): 8:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:

politics is not that predictable, if agbaje can pull a massive 600k votes out of 2015 election I bet you, ambode would double that in any party against sanwolu, tinubu's last card is an impeachment threat should ambode crosscarpet, and that can be stalled
Ambode cannot win the Lagos election outside APC.

If PDP takes him, their loss margin would be triple that of 2015.

As of today, Ikorodu is probably the most populated Local government in Lagos and Ambode is disliked there.

He's disliked in Amuwo also.

If he was sure of himself, he would have decamped.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Blessingmoyo: 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:

you see how the presidency extremely wanted saraki impeached, and even Ortom of benue and fayose. truth his legislative arm still remains the easily corruptable arm of government. just open lagos state treasury to them and watch them start stall all process, he can even aproach a court to seek an injunction like imo deputy did. bottom line is if ambode stops his stinginess and start wike's style of fatherchristmas sharing. he stands a very good chance in this fight. and also remember how funsho Williams was stopped one way or the other
Atenuje politics. We will never grow. He blocked a lot of leakages.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Blessingmoyo: 8:42pm On Sep 21, 2018
dotcomnamename:

(1.)He's too stubborn...

(2) It is not when one is on ground that you know what's up with Ambode and governing of Lagos. There are rules that you cant ignore, even jagaban himself never operate outside the rules. You have an obligations to people that can't be compromised, because if you do, you would be trampled upon no matter what your record says. Ambode met a blueprint that was used by BRF himself, and you can only do little to better it. Example Lagos Badagry expressway ought to have been finished by now, but because of your high handedness he made it a show of Fashola and he forgot that opposition would use it to campaign against him. I like him but he disappointed the party leaders and members. Sorry, tori aso Oba omoye mo, omoye to run hoho woja.
As far as am you have to be stubborn to achieve in Nigeria politics. A case in study is Chris Ngige and Andy Uba, when the former was forcefully wheedle, but Ngige was stubborn, Obansanjo and Tinubu, the later created 57 LCDA. Ambode was not supported by the party on vision scape. Listen to Jdimi Disu's interview with an APpC stalwart
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by lokoventurex1(m): 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Aquariann:

You guys are not being fair to Tinubu and you know it. You accuse the man of god fatherism and imposition of candidates and he says fine, let's have direct primaries So everyone can test his/her popularity as against using delegates (that are easily influenced), you now say no. You want him to impose Ambode again on the party. If Ambode feels he has done so well why is he scared of direct primaries?

N1 trillion budget and all he has to show are bus stops and a dirty city?

Besides, it is silly to think Tinubu just sit down and make proclamations and there become law in Lagos. Not at all. Tinubu is only the face of powerful ruling class Ambode had failed to recognize or tried to overrun, that's why he's scared to face them now in direct primaries.

Fashola was very strict, had issues with Tinubu but still enjoyed the massive support of parry stakeholders because he got the job done. Ask yourself this, why is everyone against Ambode in Lagos, right from Alausa?
Nice write you have here . However, i just wanted to say Ambode hasn't done badly in the last three and half years. To me he's done credibly well. Although, he made some mistakes by cancelling the regular PSP. Lagos is dirty these days, we can't deny that. I'm so sure Ambode is trying to correct that singular MISTAKE!

As regards the Direct Primaries talk, who told you Jagaban cannot still influence his loyal party members to vote against Akinwunmi? If i was Ambode, I'll do what he's doing now by trying to make the Presidency comes in. Tinubu introduced this Direct Primaries and he can still influence it badly to favour his own candidate.

Let me state here that If the Direct Primaries would hold come next week in Lagos, i doubt if Ambode would get the ticket, not because Akinwunmi has done badly, but because Tinubu would have bought party loyalist against Ambode, and this will consequently make Sanwo-Olu victorious.

If the fate of the Direct Primaries would be left to me and you in Lagos, irrespective of whatever Jagaban knows best to do, Ambode would flop whoever stands as his opponent.

I just wanted to say Tinubu still has power over the Direct Primaries as the regular ''Imposition" they used to do..

I stand to be corrected though!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by yurLink: 8:47pm On Sep 21, 2018
Femich18:
This Ambode - Sanwo-Olu saga is gathering momentum day by day. I just hope the candidate that will have the interest of Lagosians at heart win the Primary and then the general election.
U can be rest assured the candidate is sanwo olu
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Shemadex(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
Miniso:
u ppl just hate tinubu becos he unsit gridlock
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by miqos02(m): 8:58pm On Sep 21, 2018
Eeyaniyi:
n

the state chief judge is an appointee of the governor

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Carlyscales: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2018
AZeD1:

As of today, Ambode cannot win. Sanwo-Olu is a current appointee of Ambode and Ambode hasn't fired him...........
What has Sanwo-olu won in his life as a politician
U can assert same for Ambo B4 2015.
But currently he's the incumbent and the largely looming face of Lagos reconstruction. U Know Lagosianss thought Fashola transformed Oshodi untill Ambo came along. Don't forget that Lagos almost went to PDP (600k votes) because of d yeye harassment of lastma on Lagosians in 2015. Hence HRH Akiolu's threats.

Tinubu just wants a better deal from Ambo going forward. He's too experienced for all these drama abeg!
Ambo will definitely fly APC or PDP flag period.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Lugano(m): 9:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
Why is Ambode afraid of direct primaries?APC at the national level has given directives that all the states in Nigeria should conduct direct primaries !so why go to Abuja ,Five years ago APC in Lagos had elections and Ambode emerged as the candiate for APC governorship election . did Ambode go to Abuja ?
if you are sure of the grassroots support pls go for the election and test your popularity.
(The grassroot APC members are waiting for you )

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Aquariann: 9:16pm On Sep 21, 2018
lokoventurex1:

Nice write you have here . However, i just wanted to say Ambode hasn't done badly in the last three and half years. To me he's done credibly well. Although, he made some mistakes by cancelling the regular PSP. Lagos is dirty these days, we can't deny that. I'm so sure Ambode is trying to correct that singular MISTAKE!

As regards the Direct Primaries talk, who told you Jagaban cannot still influence his loyal party members to vote against Akinwunmi? If i was Ambode, I'll do what he's doing now by trying to make the Presidency comes in. Tinubu introduced this Direct Primaries and he can still influence it badly to favour his own candidate.

Let me state here that If the Direct Primaries would hold come next week in Lagos, i doubt if Ambode would get the ticket, not because Akinwunmi has done badly, but because Tinubu would have bought party loyalist against Ambode , and this will consequently make Sanwo-Olu victorious.

If the fate of the Direct Primaries would be left to me and you in Lagos, irrespective of whatever Jagaban knows best to do, Ambode would flop whoever stands as his opponent.

I just wanted to say Tinubu still has power over the Direct Primaries as the regular ''Imposition" they used to do..

I stand to be corrected though!

Before we proceed with this discussion, can you tell me what you understand by Direct primaries?
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by AZeD1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
Carlyscales:

What has Sanwo-olu won in his life as a politician
U can assert same for Ambo B4 2015.
But currently he's the incumbent and the largely looming face of Lagos reconstruction. U Know Lagosianss thought Fashola transformed Oshodi untill Ambo came along. Don't forget that Lagos almost went to PDP (600k votes) because of d yeye harassment of lastma on Lagosians in 2015. Hence HRH Akiolu's threats.

Tinubu just wants a better deal from Ambo going forward. He's too experienced for all these drama abeg!
Ambo will definitely fly APC or PDP flag period.

Lol Ambode's incumbency would only help him if the primaries are indirect. That way he can settle the delegates. If its direct primaries, he would lose badly.

PS: Tinubu has no problem with Ambode, APC members outside Tinubu have problems with Ambode.

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by NoToPile: 9:49pm On Sep 21, 2018
Aquariann:

Before we proceed with this discussion, can you tell me what you understand by Direct primaries?

I actually wanted to ask what is direct primaries?
Who are those that vote during th primaries?

My own little understanding is that it's it's voting process by party members to determines who gets the party ticket for a position.
Is that it?
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by enonche85(m): 10:03pm On Sep 21, 2018
iammo:
this people are not joking with ambode, any mistake and ambode ends up winning, some of this guys will have to relocate from Lagos

Aswear! cheesy

This whole issue will surely favour PDP, because some aggrieved Ambode followers in the state will surely not vote APC if Ambode looses the primaries.

All I just want is for Jagaban to loose his grip of Lagos state.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Aquariann: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2018
NoToPile:

I actually wanted to ask what is direct primaries?
Who are those that vote during th primaries?

My own little understanding is that it's it's voting process by party members to determines who gets the party ticket for a position.
Is that it?

Yes it is. Every registered member of the party votes at the primaries at their different ward levels. That was how the APC candidate in Osun emerged. Indirect was/is the commonly used method whereby only selected delegates gets to vote for the party flag bearer, and this method is the easiest to influence or hijack by bribing the delegates.

1 Like

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by enonche85(m): 10:33pm On Sep 21, 2018
CableWire:
No bi AFONJA people? Wey de eat and poo from same spot. Just give an afonja 'waso' for early morning agbo, mehn, na so him throway ' baba tuale'scatter anyhow and meanwhile, a birth right is gone.
Exactly what they display in 2015 general elections when we de shout say 'road no clear' for APC parole but they all went dead and now, wetin de happen? So tey na them de suffer am pass.
But if to say them go wake up from their slumber of initial waso agbo... E go better for them.
I suggest e go better make south west join hands scatter this table for this old thief wey don rubbish, dwindle and cheat a state for so many years without any trace of repenting soon.
Not just in Lagos but have his wife in the Senate, brother in the executive of Oando, foster mother as market head and lots of underground stationing wry no no de open

Alpha Beta Consulting is in charge of collecting some tax in Lagos state and the old thief is the owner. LUC is in charge of collecting land use charges in Lagos and the old thief is still the owner of it. Honestly speaking the yoruba's are the most weak hearted people in this country.

This rubbish Tinubu is doing can't happen anywhere in the east, south south or middle belt.

The jazz tinubu dey use on the whole yoruba nation strong...even the likes of Mike Adenuga and Otedola who are very rich can't stand up to him. OBJ sef no fit do anything.
Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 21, 2018
AZeD1:

Ambode cannot win the Lagos election outside APC.

If PDP takes him, their loss margin would be triple that of 2015.

As of today, Ikorodu is probably the most populated Local government in Lagos and Ambode is disliked there.

He's disliked in Amuwo also.

If he was sure of himself, he would have decamped.
abeg leave those Igbo boiz,dey know nothing grin
Ambode will be defeated in ikorodu, almost all the APC members in ikorodu don't like him at all, and a very large majority of people living in ikorodu don't like him cause he has done absolute nothing here in ikorodu

2 Likes

Re: APC Governorship Primary: We Are Ready For Ambode – Sanwo-Olu by Nobody: 11:57pm On Sep 21, 2018
lokoventurex1:

Nice write you have here . However, i just wanted to say Ambode hasn't done badly in the last three and half years. To me he's done credibly well.

Una go just sit for one corner for una house dey type nonsense grin

Please can you list the achievement of ambode in ikorodu, since he hasn't performed badly with a budget of almost a trillion naira
The two roads he is constructing in igbogbo and agric are both causing massive traffic, yet very little is been done.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Mimiko Dumps Labour Party, Joins ZLP / Ondo Election: Buhari, Tinubu Won’t Attend APC Grand Finale Rally - Independent / Kwara: JTF Intercepts Migrating Herders In Their Hundreds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.