Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,316 members, 7,826,260 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:52 AM

Bank Account Closing Fee - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Bank Account Closing Fee (576 Views)

Access Bank Denies Sacking 75% Of Workforce, Closing Branches / Why We Are Closing Our Nigeria Office - OLX / Innoson Vs Gtbank: Bank Debunks Rumours Of Customers Closing Their Accounts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bank Account Closing Fee by Gagare1(m): 10:35pm On Sep 21, 2018
Please, I will like to know how much (averagely) do banks charge a customer for closing an account that is less than a year old. I opened an account with a certain bank in Nigeria and I am so not satisfied with their services. I really desire to end my relationship with the bank ASAP. Please fellow Nairalanders, especially those in the banking sector, your response will be much appreciated.
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by Seunkings02(m): 10:48pm On Sep 21, 2018
It cost nothing to close down your account with the bank, just some documentations for approval for the closure.
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by Gagare1(m): 10:56pm On Sep 21, 2018
Wow, good to know, I appreciate your kind response Sir. Please, one more question: what happens to my minimum amount (5k), apart from the other cash I can withdraw?
Seunkings02:
It cost nothing to close down your account with the bank, just some documentations for approval for the closure.
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by Seunkings02(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2018
Gagare1:
Wow, good to know, I appreciate your kind response Sir. Please, one more question: what happens to my minimum amount (5k), apart from the other cash I can withdraw?
If you are set to close your account, all your cash, minimum amount inclusive will be given to you....
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by Gagare1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 21, 2018
I thank you for your kind response. I am off to bed now. Once again, THANK YOU.
Seunkings02:

If you are set to close your account, all your cash, minimum amount inclusive will be given to you....
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by uboma(m): 5:35am On Sep 22, 2018
Seunkings02:

Not true.....
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by uboma(m): 5:36am On Sep 22, 2018
Seunkings02:

Again, not true....
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by uboma(m): 5:39am On Sep 22, 2018
Gagare1:

There are actually account closure fees and these varies with the type of account and the bank involved.

After the necessary documentation, you will not receive the whole 5k.

Check with your bank for additional information.
Re: Bank Account Closing Fee by Seunkings02(m): 8:03am On Sep 22, 2018
uboma:

Again, not true....
Bro I closed my bank account with ecko bank last year and i pay no dime

(1) (Reply)

Build An Instagram Account For Just 2naira Per Follower Today / Will I Be Wrong If I Sack My One Day Old Employee? / Sterling Bank Is Winning The Ad-war

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.