Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,005 members, 7,817,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? (1563 Views)

An Easy Way To Overcome All Forms Of Sexual Immorality And Addictions / Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu / Dencia: "Devil Punish Pastor Adeboye For Asking Members To Donate N1bn" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 4:01am On Sep 22, 2018
The Law may punish murder, adultery, and theft but should it attempt to punish personal sins like alcohol intake and forniication?

This is meant for Muslims and Christians alike and I purposely placed it on Saturday (between Friday & Sunday).
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by expensivediamon(m): 4:10am On Sep 22, 2018
#Thechurchmustfeedcandidates.

Please let us make this happen.

Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by orisa37: 11:28am On Sep 22, 2018
Yes.
Constitutions are God's Laws adapted to accommodate the Conventions and Customs of the particular Enclave for which they are made.
Since God is our Instructor, Director and Discernment, He grants general and blanket Authorisation and Approvals to all adaptations and use of all of God's Laws in all Constitutions.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2018
CodeTemplar:
The Law may punish murder, adultery, and theft but should it attempt to punish personal sins like alcohol intake and forniication?

This is meant for Muslims and Christians alike and I purposely placed it on Saturday (between Friday & Sunday).
no dear.

Sins can't all be civil laws,

Civil laws are made to order society, that means they are concerned with those issues that affect others in society not just your private sins....

This is why I believe Nigerian homosexual laws are stupid, how can you legislate what consenting adults do in their bedroom, it is a law that is unenforceable.

1 Like

Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 2:26am On Sep 23, 2018
Ubenedictus:
no dear.

Sins can't all be civil laws,

Civil laws are made to order society, that means they are concerned with those issues that affect others in society not just your private sins....

This is why I believe Nigerian homosexual laws are stupid, how can you legislate what consenting adults do in their bedroom, it is a law that is unenforceable.
Why then can a few people interpret a particular religious book and attempt to foist their own understanding and interpretation of this book upon people who find themselves within certain territories in the society?
I am talking of sharia here. We saw an injustice and kept quite and that injustice is now aligning with another one and it is harder to speak up about the newer injustice because they first one was permitted.

1 Like

Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by Gggg102(m): 5:47am On Sep 23, 2018
orisa37:
Yes.
Constitutions are God's Laws adapted to accommodate the Conventions and Customs of the particular Enclave for which they are made.
Since God is our Instructor, Director and Discernment, He grants general and blanket Authorisation and Approvals to all adaptations and use of all of God's Laws in all Constitutions.

uben has addressed this issue but to put it in perspective;

how would you react if Sharia is fully implemented in Nigeria since it is 'God's law's?
would you accept it?, or would you cry out against being islamized?

same goes for all religions.

you can't force people to conform to your religious law if they don't subscribe to your religion.

the law should have no business over what people do as long as it does not affect others. that is freedom.
the law should have no business with you eating Haram food even when it is bad using Islamic law, because it does not affect anybody.
the law should have no business with homosexuality even when it is against Christian principles, because it does not affect anybody else.

government is not a religious institution.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by Redoil: 6:05am On Sep 23, 2018
Who will then punish the govt for looting our common wealth, neglecting the basic needs of people and allowing one tribe to kill anotheq tribe with full govermental support
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by vaxx: 7:31am On Sep 23, 2018
CodeTemplar:

Yes, but it depends on what foundation is the society founded upon. If the constitution is founded to support the religious ideology then it is all welcome like vatican city or christain republic of zambia. But if the nation is founded on a secular system, then it needs not to neccasrily adopt it.

In this context, sins will be defined. If they are actions that the law proscribes, then they are crimes, and we could develop a system in place to deal with them. For example , prostitution in Nigeria is regarded as a crime and it is a sins according to both Christian and Muslim .

But if they are actions that the law is neutral about or did not proscribed, then it should be discarded unless there is accomodation for the said sins to be punished by the law in the constitution.

But base on my personal view .sins or any crimes at all involving punishment is a symptom of yet to developed nations. the emphasis should be on reforming the criminal/sinner rather than punishing them. Punishment benefits nobody even God.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:45am On Sep 23, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Why then can a few people interpret a particular religious book and attempt to foist their own understanding and interpretation of this book upon people who find themselves within certain territories in the society?
I am talking of sharia here. We saw an injustice and kept quite and that injustice is now aligning with another one and it is harder to speak up about the newer injustice because they first one was permitted.

That is just wrong, in a secular society sharia shouldn't be foisted on others.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 3:39am On Sep 24, 2018
lalasticlala
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2018
Ubenedictus:

That is just wrong, in a secular society sharia shouldn't be foisted on others.
Sadly, that's whats happening.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by LordReed(m): 5:28pm On Sep 28, 2018
orisa37:
Yes.

So I must be subject to your fairytale God even if I don't believe because? SMH
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by orisa37: 8:40am On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

So I must be subject to your fairytale God even if I don't believe because? SMH

No. You don't have Faith.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by LordReed(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2018
orisa37:

No. You don't have Faith.

Well I don't need faith in unseen, untestable beings.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by YAHREIGNS: 1:22pm On Sep 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:

It does in some muslim countries. And with splendid results. No thieves, prostitution etc That's how society attains perfect order.

The reason why people complain Christian countries have the highest crime rate is because law and religion are seperate. We need to join them cool
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

It does in some muslim countries. And with splendid results. No thieves, prostitution etc That's how society attains perfect order.

The reason why people complain Christian countries have the highest crime rate is because law and religion are seperate. We need to join them cool
Which of the religion do we then mix with law in ours? Islam or Christianity?
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by orisa37: 4:08pm On Sep 30, 2018
LordReed:

Well I don't need faith in unseen, untestable beings.

You can't have Faith. God gives Faith to those who value it.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by denisbid: 4:14pm On Sep 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:

how is alcohol sin?

And by the way, what is fornication?
Dont tell me that sex with my loving girlfriend is fornication o.

If i'm f**king my babe wetin concern government na?
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by LordReed(m): 4:55pm On Sep 30, 2018
orisa37:

You can't have Faith. God gives Faith to those who value it.

Well he can keep it, I don't need it.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 5:03pm On Sep 30, 2018
denisbid:
how is alcohol sin?

And by the way, what is fornication?
Dont tell me that sex with my loving girlfriend is fornication o.

If i'm f**king my babe wetin concern government na?
Go to kano and ask the hisbah ( Sharia police ) those thoughtful questions of yours.
You can try Zamfara or Jigawa also.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by YAHREIGNS: 7:32pm On Sep 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
Which of the religion do we then mix with law in ours? Islam or Christianity?
Its never been hard. The Muslims can keep their sharia while the Christians keep their commandments. Africans have always had community specific laws while maintaining good neighbourliness.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by CodeTemplar: 7:41pm On Sep 30, 2018
YAHREIGNS:

Its never been hard. The Muslims can keep their sharia while the Christians keep their commandments. Africans have always had community specific laws while maintaining good neighbourliness.
In a multi cultural and communal nation like ours we can't partition the nation into many parts and then allow people override the constitution for selfish purpose.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by YAHREIGNS: 8:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
CodeTemplar:
In a multi cultural and communal nation like ours we can't partition the nation into many parts and then allow people override the constitution for selfish purpose.
Even when the constitution has clearly failed?

What's selfish about establishing a community that has more order? If anything, it looks more inclusive.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by orisa37: 7:45am On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:

Well he can keep it, I don't need it.

Sorry. U are frustrated.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by LordReed(m): 9:58am On Oct 01, 2018
orisa37:

Sorry. U are frustrated.

LoL! Frustrated by a myth? By a fairytale? LMFAO!
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by orisa37: 10:09am On Oct 01, 2018
LordReed:

LoL! Frustrated by a myth? By a fairytale? LMFAO!

I am romancing my "Testicle" and you keep poking your nose.
Re: Should Government Constitution Punish All Forms Of Religious Sin? by LordReed(m): 10:12am On Oct 01, 2018
orisa37:

I am romancing my "Testicle" and you keep poking your nose.

LoL! Have fun my guy.

(1) (Reply)

Gay Owner Of Largest Set Designing Company In Texas Leaves All To Follow Christ / What Happens To A Money Ritualist When He Dies. / Courage From Their Cowardice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.