Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:20 PM

How Are Brains Different From Computers? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How Are Brains Different From Computers? (734 Views)

I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. / BIOS Password Zinox INEC Computers / Laptop Computers Are Now Relatively Cheap, Get One For Yourself, Friend; Family! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Are Brains Different From Computers? by Elochii(m): 4:36am On Sep 22, 2018
The debate between brains and computers, and particularly which is superior to which, is now an old one. But according to the expert opinion, the brain stands out in some crucial ways.

As a brain researcher, I know for a fact that the human brain is far superior to any computer processor currently in existence.

And for the most part, this has a lot to do with the brain’s capacity for being creative.

In a recent report published on the Charter Spectrum Internet forum, some cutting-edge researchers in an Australian university matched the human brain against an A.I bot.

The robot, despite being built using the latest hardware and software tools, was unable to perform well against the human subject.

These results weren’t surprising to anyone actively involved in the field – to be honest.

In this post, I’ll discuss the two fronts on which the human brain is prominently ahead of its new-age competition.

And these are the domains of ‘Strategy’ and ‘Thought-processing’. These two issues also make up some of the primary areas of new research in the field.

THE BRAIN AS A MASTER STRATEGIST

The brain still ranks out on top when it comes to devising an instant strategy. And it’s destined to stay that way for the foreseeable future.

Strategy, when you come to think about it, has everything to do with creativity. To thinking up strange new solutions to solve complicated problems.

continue reading from here https://www.elochi.com.ng/2018/09/how-are-brians-different-from-computers.html

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Major Importer Of Laptop / ***5 Best Ways To Speed Up Your Windows 10*** / Computers & Tablets - Printer & Scanner - Shophoop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.