Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,171 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:41 AM

I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. (1360 Views)

Learn A Technical Skills &start Making Money With LYNDA / How Are Brains Different From Computers? / Would You Like To Create Cartoons? , Then Join Me !!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 10:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Hello am an aviation enthusiast...
And have been obessed with flying since I was tiny..

Well obviously I want to be a pilot but it's expensive...

So while I try and work a way through it, I want to actualise a cheaper dream, "building an aircraft" I have done extensive studies for many years now.. and I have come up with a design of , 1 pilot 1 passenger light aircraft...
Building an airplane is cheap..
What makes it costly to buy is the endless list of liscences, airwirairwort certificates and the heavy price before the plane gets endorsed by a countries aviation regulator..

A light airplane is an airplane that's pretty much the "ladies bike" of aiplanes.. it's a simple design, less tech (obviously), takes lesser passengers and 99% of them are propeller driven..

It's used mostly for training and as a personal aircraft.. they fill up fleet flight Schools, air Force training bases.. few are used for commercial reasons especially in places were bigger aircrafts can't land or function...

Ok enough of the lecture...

I'm planning on building one, it's simple.. probably because I have read,studied and done extensive research on it.. my plan was for it to run on gasoline like every other egine...
It'll still gather accolades because it'll probably the first airplane made in Nigeria or Africa if am not mistaken.. but I find no joy in just copying and pasting what other proplp have done.. so I came up with a plan that is supper efficient to make it run on biogas..

Now biogas is pretty much generated by every living thing..it's there in leaves, feaces, fruit's, kitchen wastes..let's not deviate (visit YouTube for more on biogas).
Now an airplane flying in biogas only has to have it's caburator midified to handle gas. As the same engine that runs on gasoline can run in biogas too..
Advantages is that 5 litres of gasoline is heavier than gas of the same quantity. Meaning that an aircraft flying on gas can carry more fuel than the same type of aircraft flying on gasoline. Meaning that the endurance level is increased and there is lesser stress on the airframe, meaning the airplane is more controllable.
Another thing is that it's more environment friendly as it's gas and all of it will get ignited and therefore the emmissions are almost zero and less toxic.. and the fumes from the exhaust will leave the engine at a faster backward rate adding to the speed of the aircraft...

Safety wise.. gas is safer as once you make sure everything is working well just like in any conventional airplane everything will be ok.
Gas has it's own pressure and say (God forbid) you get into trouble and you need to dump fuel to reduce the risk of fire on impact.. you can dump your full tank of gas in kess than 30secs unlike in liquid fuel.. better still the whole cannister (gas tank) of gas can de dumped unlike in liquid fuel tanks.. say the problem is electrical and the fuel pumps don't work, you are a gonner because you need the pumps to dump fuel.. but gas will dump itself once a opening is created in the cannister and this can be designed to operated manually from the cockpit.
Fuel in aircraft is stored in the wings, this wings are also expected to balance the airplane.. say the liquid fuel is swapped for gas the wings will be lighter and function at an optimum level.
If an airplane losses engine power, the pilot if a gas driven plane can while dumping fuel, use the jet stream of gas leaving the fuel tank of his aircraft as a sort of jet, which he can use to give himself extar propulsion to get into a favourable position to either ditch or make an emergency landing....

The airplane and everything we need to make it is in Nigeria except for the Engine (if we choose not use alternatives), avionics (flight instruments) which can still be fiufo in the scrap planes sitting in NIGERIAN airports.. but most are outdated, and propeller.
Things that we need that are readily available are:-
Seats
Aluminum sheets
Aluminum rods
Radio communication system
Wheels
Flight cables (conventional throttle/clutch cable)
Glass. Etc

Now I have all the design in my head and the only place giving me headache is the retractable landing gears(plane tires) I need a mechanical oriented person who can help design it.
The rest of the people I need are electricians, and an aluminum welder..

It's a dream that can help shoot us to the line light..
And I'll do it on my own.. if no one shows intrest

The world with(might) never run out of bio gas bevbeca as far as there are people and animals defecating, as far as kitchen wastes exist, as far as there are leaves biogas will be there..

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2020
A light aircraft engine.
Outdated flight instruments..
Currenct flight instrument.. one screen can do the job

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by cosby02(m): 10:13pm On Aug 27, 2020
Be like say i don miss road oo.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by OBTMOS(m): 10:54pm On Aug 27, 2020
cosby02:
Be like say i don miss road oo.
hehehehehe, bros u funny
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Nobody: 8:28am On Aug 28, 2020
Abasman008:
Hello am an aviation enthusiast...
And have been obessed with flying since I was tiny..

Well obviously I want to be a pilot but it's expensive...

So while I try and work a way through it, I want to actualise a cheaper dream, "building an aircraft" I have done extensive studies for many years now.. and I have come up with a design of , 1 pilot 1 passenger light aircraft...
Building an airplane is cheap..
What makes it costly to buy is the endless list of liscences, airwirairwort certificates and the heavy price before the plane gets endorsed by a countries aviation regulator..

A light airplane is an airplane that's pretty much the "ladies bike" of aiplanes.. it's a simple design, less tech (obviously), takes lesser passengers and 99% of them are propeller driven..

It's used mostly for training and as a personal aircraft.. they fill up fleet flight Schools, air Force training bases.. few are used for commercial reasons especially in places were bigger aircrafts can't land or function...

Ok enough of the lecture...

I'm planning on building one, it's simple.. probably because I have read,studied and done extensive research on it.. my plan was for it to run on gasoline like every other egine...
It'll still gather accolades because it'll probably the first airplane made in Nigeria or Africa if am not mistaken.. but I find no joy in just copying and pasting what other proplp have done.. so I came up with a plan that is supper efficient to make it run on biogas..

Now biogas is pretty much generated by every living thing..it's there in leaves, feaces, fruit's, kitchen wastes..let's not deviate (visit YouTube for more on biogas).
Now an airplane flying in biogas only has to have it's caburator midified to handle gas. As the same engine that runs on gasoline can run in biogas too..
Advantages is that 5 litres of gasoline is heavier than gas of the same quantity. Meaning that an aircraft flying on gas can carry more fuel than the same type of aircraft flying on gasoline. Meaning that the endurance level is increased and there is lesser stress on the airframe, meaning the airplane is more controllable.
Another thing is that it's more environment friendly as it's gas and all of it will get ignited and therefore the emmissions are almost zero and less toxic.. and the fumes from the exhaust will leave the engine at a faster backward rate adding to the speed of the aircraft...

Safety wise.. gas is safer as once you make sure everything is working well just like in any conventional airplane everything will be ok.
Gas has it's own pressure and say (God forbid) you get into trouble and you need to dump fuel to reduce the risk of fire on impact.. you can dump your full tank of gas in kess than 30secs unlike in liquid fuel.. better still the whole cannister (gas tank) of gas can de dumped unlike in liquid fuel tanks.. say the problem is electrical and the fuel pumps don't work, you are a gonner because you need the pumps to dump fuel.. but gas will dump itself once a opening is created in the cannister and this can be designed to operated manually from the cockpit.
Fuel in aircraft is stored in the wings, this wings are also expected to balance the airplane.. say the liquid fuel is swapped for gas the wings will be lighter and function at an optimum level.
If an airplane losses engine power, the pilot if a gas driven plane can while dumping fuel, use the jet stream of gas leaving the fuel tank of his aircraft as a sort of jet, which he can use to give himself extar propulsion to get into a favourable position to either ditch or make an emergency landing....

The airplane and everything we need to make it is in Nigeria except for the Engine (if we choose not use alternatives), avionics (flight instruments) which can still be fiufo in the scrap planes sitting in NIGERIAN airports.. but most are outdated, and propeller.
Things that we need that are readily available are:-
Seats
Aluminum sheets
Aluminum rods
Radio communication system
Wheels
Flight cables (conventional throttle/clutch cable)
Glass. Etc

Now I have all the design in my head and the only place giving me headache is the retractable landing gears(plane tires) I need a mechanical oriented person who can help design it.
The rest of the people I need are electricians, and an aluminum welder..

It's a dream that can help shoot us to the line light..
And I'll do it on my own.. if no one shows intrest

The world with(might) never run out of bio gas bevbeca as far as there are people and animals defecating, as far as kitchen wastes exist, as far as there are leaves biogas will be there..

I like this verve...

No kidding.

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 8:53am On Aug 28, 2020
mansakhalifa:

I like this verve...

No kidding.
interested or got got ideas.. am serious

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Thazard(m): 12:20pm On Aug 29, 2020
following
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by noble4(m): 11:02am On Sep 09, 2020
*8*8435i648. @abasman008. been looking for your no but to no avail.
you can dm me
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 7:25pm On Sep 09, 2020
noble4:
*8*8435i648. @abasman008. been looking for your no but to no avail.

you can dm me
seriously!!!... How do I do you?

Whatsapp?
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by blazepascal(m): 11:56pm On Sep 09, 2020
wow.. nice move
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Ejusni(m): 7:20am On Sep 10, 2020
Wow.. quite captivating. Mods seun and lalasticala fp.. this topic is made for front-page.
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Habeebulah1(m): 8:18am On Sep 10, 2020
Well I'm not an engineer though I wish I were in this context, nice ideas .u can add me up on WhatsApp if there is a group u created where I can follow up and if I can be of physical assistance too

1 Like

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by engrjosefz(m): 4:13pm On Sep 11, 2020
Whatsapp 07039052538
Electrical Engineer
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Adethemeji: 1:53am On Sep 12, 2020
Add me up on WhatsApp
I'm an Aerospace Engineering student
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Habeebulah1:
Well I'm not an engineer though I wish I were in this context, nice ideas .u can add me up on WhatsApp if there is a group u created where I can follow up and if I can be of physical assistance too
hello... Sure I will ..
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 2:29pm On Sep 14, 2020
Adethemeji:
Add me up on WhatsApp
I have added you to a group
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 2:30pm On Sep 14, 2020
Adethemeji:
Add me up on WhatsApp
I have added you on WhatsApp
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Nobody: 8:47pm On Sep 14, 2020
Add me, electrical engineer... 08183581492
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 10:24am On Sep 22, 2020
techmaster092:
Add me, electrical engineer... 08183581492
no problem I will....
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by harmargedon: 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2020
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 3:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Lalasticlala food is ready, na big snake turn to plane

Maleeq
Skydancer

Please do the needful
Just move this to front page, I’m sure there are willing investors on here

Elon Musk didn’t build Tesla in a day

Nice idea
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Demmtek(m): 4:14pm On Sep 23, 2020
Add me up electrical technician 07089325108
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2020
Sorry I have been busy of late...

But I'm good now and still serious on the aircraft building issue... For those who already dropped their numbers I'll add you as soon as am done with this post..

But I still need more people...a computer analyst or programer, or if possible an electric or mechanical engineer with experience of computer use intensively in their line of work....

We need sponsors too.. I don't know how to tag... But if this is pushed to front page it'll help add to my sea of ideas.....

I got some home made aircrafts from around the world in pictures below..

These planes are made from aluminum sheet (the Same type used for roofing).. and have just very basic components..

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:17pm On Sep 23, 2020
The coloured aircraft and the silver one is made from aluminum sheet .. But I'll love you to take a closer look at the big one and see the cut and join aluminum sheet used for the skin.. this aircraft would look like any other aircraft but not for the fact that it's not painted yet..

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:21pm On Sep 23, 2020
Next is an aircraft made from soft tarpuline...
The thing is that if you put anything to become rigid and framed in a way that obeys aerodynamic principles you have an aircraft that could either be egined or not engined....

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:38pm On Sep 23, 2020
Though slmoal everything except few avionics can be sourced and hand fabricated in Nigeria, for matter of Dynamics and standard the proppeller we'd use will have to be ordered from abroad or fabricated by a skilled physicist.
That said, I wanted to show you how small the engines are ranging from the size of egine tricycle uses to as small as that of a mini bus or even the engine bettle car can be used as engine.. forget about the weight if the airplane obeys aerodynamics laws by spreading it's weight to the tail and by using few flight control features (I'll show later) and by position the wings at the center of gravity and shaping the wings to be big (with flaps) to help slow down for take of and landing (pictures later) and be small when we need speed eg during cruise..if you do that irrespective of if you use Lister engine your plane will fly.. Just that it must be big enough to accommodate the engine and large enough for the airframe to support it.. below is a picture of a light engine homemade airplanes uses and below it is a picture a one seater airplane powers by two engines with power same as hand held lawn mowers... And take a look at the difference between the unpainted one showing screws and the aluminum sheet airframe...and the one that's painted in red..

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2020
Next is a picture of aircraft being made from wooden and aluminum frame...

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:51pm On Sep 23, 2020
Airplanes are controlled by altering the air flow over the rrsme by altering the shape of the wings and the shape of the wings on the tail via tension cables(same used in bikes,cars, tricycles etc) or electrical signals...
Below are pictures of the cabels(ours will be inside) of flight controls surfaces, and the way the wings look
I hope the gifs play too...it'll explain more.

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 5:55pm On Sep 23, 2020
Gifs....
Making these airplanes are very simple an any fool who knows the principles can make it...most of what we need especially for the frame is in Nigeria... Please if you are interested in join up to help me(us) build this aircraft or for sponsorship drop your numbers to be added to the group... Let's suprise the world... I can build it I just need help ..

Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Zod72: 6:47am On Sep 24, 2020
Add me up
Chemical engineering student
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by harmargedon: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2020
aerodynamics, should be the first thing to be considered whenever you pick up a project relating to motion through air.
Re: I Want To Build An Aircraft.. I Need Technical Brains To Join Me. by Abasman008(m): 10:35am On Sep 26, 2020
harmargedon:
aerodynamics, should be the first thing to be considered whenever you pick up a project relating to motion through air.
yeah ..I plan the aerofoil to be as aerodynamic as possible.. that's why I want the landing gears to be retractable... Propably a carrier wing or shoulder wing depending on what we choose... The tails too will play a crucial role..and I guess we'll adopt the v tail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NEC Laptop Versapro Intel Inside Fast And Ultralite Clean, In Perfect Condition / High Spec Laptops At Low Prices . / Apple Laptop (macbook) And Blackberry For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.